Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by mickey85381 on Dec 14, 09 4:30 PM
mehnsd wrote:Help......I am stuck. When I went to the town, and found the hidden objects in the freezer, the frozen meat did not go into my inventory. Without it, I can't get past the darned wolf. I keep going back, trying to activate the freezer, but it just won't work. Any suggestions?

You need to defrost the meat in the microwave

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 4:32:08 PM PST

[Post New]by julesamills on Dec 15, 09 12:02 PM
I am extremely disappointed with this game! It took me less than 4 hours the first time I played and just over 2 the second time! There is not enough stuff to do in the regular version. I did not have the cash to buy the CE, but had I known the regular would be this boring I would have not bought it and would have figured out a way to get the CE. I much prefer Madame Fate and RTR. I have bought all the MCF games with the exception of Huntsville. I like the morphing items in Madame Fate. It was very disappointing that Dire Grove regular version has no bonuses at all! Wish I had not bought this game!

[Post New]by fragmented on Dec 16, 09 7:38 AM
Anyone know when Dire Grove will be available for the Mac? I'm a Mac user and I loved playing Return to Ravenhearst, so I was hoping I'm really looking forward to downloading Dire Grove onto my Mac!

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 16, 09 5:22 PM
julesamills wrote:I did not have the cash to buy the CE, but had I known the regular would be this boring I would have not bought it and would have figured out a way to get the CE.

You aren't missing much. The CE is not more like MF & the Ravenhearst games. The morphing objects are part of game play & should have been in the RE, IMO, but they don't open up new scenes as the MF morphs supposedly did (I don't remember it, but everyone says so).

The main reason for getting the CE, for me, was to be able to play the game ASAP. That aspect is gone now.

The in-game strategy guide was very helpful too, but now there's a walkthrough for the RE, which will remove the frustrating confusion about what applies to the CE & what doesn't. Just a click or so away.

The hype which caused me to buy early did not pan out. We were supposed to learn more about "past & future" MCF games, but didn't (at least no one's been able to figure it out if we did).

You do get 3 extra H-O scenes & a secret room with a puzzle, hints, & phone call. The call has been transcribed in the CE forum if you want to read it. You can also read the "Easter Eggs" thread where people list & speculate about the hints. Oh, & there's a very dumb video if you win all trophies -- a BF office tour. That's right -- we love BF so much our greatest imaginable reward is to see the office. Um, no.

This game simply wasn't up to the level of MF & the Ravenhearst games. It's shorter, easier, with fewer puzzles which are simple & mechanical rather than the gorgeous "steampunk" door puzzles many were expecting.

The real answer will be in the sales figures. I notice that all previous MCF games have been in the top 100 downloads since they were released -- all at #1 to start. After a year, RTR is still in the 30s. Unfortunately, the list doesn't say how long a game stays at its top rank. It seems like RTR was at #1 FOREVER, so it will be interesting to see how these games compare, if one could find out those data. I'm going to dig around for sales figures later.

I do applaud BF for taking a brand new direction by incorporating the videos. Unfortunately, from what we are told, a LOT of the cost of production went on those videos, & opinions differ as to whether they are worth it. For me, to spend $$$ to get authentic snow while ignoring dozens of other elements of English authenticity makes the FLYING!!! to PATAGONIA!!! effort pretty silly

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 5:25:53 PM PST

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Dec 17, 09 1:51 AM
bcherri15 wrote:ty jilly
The cell phone is in the farm house , you have to cross the hole in the floor. to the other rom. hole on left you will need a lamp.

[Post New]by bjepper on Dec 17, 09 6:09 AM
How do I get the rabit head? I am in the cave in the runes what do I do with the 4 boluders

[Post New]by t0mpoes on Dec 17, 09 8:27 AM
Just finished it and loved it The clues will come, just relax and enjoy walking around. When you think you are stuck just search in another direction. Read the journal, that will give you some clues and see this forum if it gets to difficult. The game worked perfectly for me. Thank you for the beautifull art work.

[Post New]by mythimna on Dec 17, 09 2:03 PM
For some strange reason my game has a bug. At the boathouse I am able to open it but it's impossible to enter. After several tries the game freezes and I have to shut it down using Alt F4. I've got all up to date devices and programs.
Did anyone come across this same problem? It's really frustrating.

Greets, Anne

[Post New]by zip2me on Dec 17, 09 7:53 PM
I feel that the real problem is that the walk through provided was actually for the Collector Edition and if they had put out a walk through for the $6.99 version it would not be upsetting everyone so. As it is it was very frustrating getting the fireplace in the cabin and not being to get to the potato chips, I also hit the rabbits head many times with no avail. It did not fall off. None of the morphing objects worked. Had we not known about these features it would not be so upsetting and frustrating trying to find objects that weren't even a part of our game. I also felt cheated but still was able to finish the game. Personally, I found the game quit chanllenging and needed the walkthrough to complete it.

What are your thoughts?

ferby4164
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ferby4164 on Dec 18, 09 10:20 AM
I too , am stuck trying to knock off the rabbits head!!! Also I could not find the potato chips! I love the game :Mystery Case Files-Dire Grove, but for me...too many "hidden object" scenes. I know I'm old (72) and have very bad eyes, so it would be nice to have a game without 'hidden object". Anyway, I think this is about the best game ever!! Will someone please tell me how to knock off that Rabbits head????? I'm 'bout to go nuts.ha

Donna M. ([email address removed by moderator])

Edited on 12/18/2009 at 12:17:14 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 18, 09 10:29 AM
You can't. You're not playing the Collector's Edition version of the game.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 18, 09 12:19 PM
Hey ferby4164,

Just as a heads up, I went ahead and removed your e-mail address from your post for your own protection. As stated in the FAQs, please be safe about the information that you post here, as our forums are public.

We do have a handy internal Private Messaging system that you can use to speak directly with other users without giving up any personal information. You can learn more about Private Messaging by clicking here.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

ZTYME
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ZTYME on Dec 18, 09 8:45 PM
[i]Has anyone got the generator to work, I have tried and tried but it still won't turn on?

[Post New]by crystalglimmer on Dec 20, 09 3:06 AM
I am actually very tired and will let Dire Grove go for the night..off to Neopets to do some restocking! I will say this about this controversy. Madam Fate introduced us to the morphs...we did not pay extra for that pleasure. To rescind that part of the game and assign it to collector's is bad business. l Love bigfish...but I am not liking the idea of paying more for this game for something we have had in the past as part of our game. Disappointed bigfish, expecially when you've not organized the differences between the cheap/collector's versions in the walk through.

[Post New]by crystalglimmer on Dec 20, 09 3:16 AM
Oh and ferby4164 - there are a zillion games on Big Fish. You have chosen a Hidden Object game....they happen to be the one with the best puzzles..but you will find a LOT of hidden object sections, it is the nature of the game. You may want to try puzzle games not of this category.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 20, 09 3:19 AM
> To rescind that part of the game and assign it to collector's is bad business.

You can't remove what was never there. The morphs in Madame Fate were part of the fabric of the game, You couldn't finish it without them. The morphs in DG were designed and implemented in the collector's edition as an achievement only. You can finish that version without clicking on a single morph.

prochef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by prochef on Dec 20, 09 11:59 AM
I did not realize that the regular game did not include the morphing items and have been going crazy clicking on things that the walk through said to click on. I finally read this forum and saw my mistake. I don't think that was made clear and was very disappointed. This game is very challenging and I have used the walk through more than any other game I have played. I'm quite a fan of MCF but this one is rather numbing, not sure what to use where and can't proceed until you figure it out. I'm not sure I would recommend this game to others. Thanks to others for helping out with questions.

[Post New]by gamegirl56 on Dec 20, 09 1:07 PM
Finally made it all the way through the game, without strategy guide or checking the forum What is the Fifth Element? I'm down to the last alter, and have tried every possible word for the Silver Soul and can't finish, Please HELP!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 21, 09 2:10 AM
I suggest that you have it in your inventory. Hammer / glass vial / ?

[Post New]by silversoul1 on Dec 21, 09 3:23 AM
Mamoufle wrote:I again ask this question ;
Does the walkthrough for the collector version work for this one ? Thank your for your response.

Sorry...new to this forum so not sure how to add a new post for everyone to see!!!
Question: My sister and i are very addicted to this game...we started it at 21.30 lastnight and got to the last bit of the end at 5am this morning.......However..we are totally stuck on the 5th Element...Can anyone help or give me clues as to what it is? We have searched through google looking for the answer to the 5th Element and we have the letters E Y F S M R L U T D to make a 7 letter word.....HELP...ANYONE...PLEASE?
ta

Go to: