Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by Dragonluna on Dec 13, 09 8:19 AM
I am not getting ANY morphing objects in the game. Anybody know why??

MooShuRox
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by MooShuRox on Dec 13, 09 9:57 AM
You have to click the hook a couple of times before it will knock the gear down.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 9:58 AM
connierob wrote:
MLM5902 wrote:I'm having trouble finding the key for the tool box in the garage and the code for the safe in the manager's office - how do find them?

The key will be in one of the HOG scenes you will come across in the game. To get the code you need to solve a puzzle involving two different pieces of torn paper. Have a look around outside.

Edit: Sorry I made a mistake about the key(so many of them I get them confused . It's not in a hidden scene. You'll find it after you solve the safe code.

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 10:04:25 AM PST

cepe
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by cepe on Dec 13, 09 11:21 AM
Dragonluna wrote:I am not getting ANY morphing objects in the game. Anybody know why??

I'm the same - is it only part of the CE version?

[Post New]by Nanaboopof15 on Dec 13, 09 11:24 AM
aenvit wrote:Can anyone tell me how to get the water valve down in the garage??

knock the gear down with the swinging hook. Use the crowbar to lift the lid of the water main outside the garage and use the gear to shut off the water

[Post New]by amdgrandma on Dec 13, 09 3:26 PM
Climb the tree, sue the saw to cut the branch that has the piece of paper on it.

[Post New]by bigal625 on Dec 13, 09 5:00 PM
Jbarnes1203 wrote:I need help...I don't what to do now. I have a matress, crowbar, nails, hammer, and carjack. I am trying to find something to stop the water in the upstairs bathroom and keys for several different locks. I have no idea where to go from here...help!

[Post New]by margeret on Dec 14, 09 11:08 AM
can anyone help how do u get into the start of the game i see a car on driveway please

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 14, 09 11:46 AM
margeret wrote:can anyone help how do u get into the start of the game i see a car on driveway please

Examine the car inside and out.

mcj6756
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mcj6756 on Dec 14, 09 2:49 PM
i can't get the crime computer to help me with the ruins.. how do you get the crime computer to show you the way to put stones and symbols in???

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 14, 09 6:33 PM
At ruins, click on crime computer, faint outlines of the shapes of the artifacts will appear in the position they should be placed in ruins. Use the stones on ruins to position artifacts, if needed. I believe you have to have all 4 artifacts.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Dec 14, 09 6:36 PM
We just posted the Walkthrough for Mystery Case Dire Grove STANDARD Edition on the Big Fish Blog.

Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

Margie B

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 7:18:41 PM PST

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Dec 14, 09 10:38 PM
I have found that you need to go back and check places that you did a hidden objects game at as it may have another one to do which will yield new tools that you need such as in the garage and the front desk.

Also, click on all the direction arrow options as you might go somewhere you didn't expect, which is how I found the generator at the back of the hotel and the room at the top of the stairs.

[Post New]by playermadness on Dec 14, 09 11:32 PM
oosie1997 wrote:I am stuck! I have the jack the hammer, nails and snow shovel and can't find what to do next. I haven't gotten the generator working the garage opened ot gotten the rope for the bridge. I tried the hammer on the floor in the bathroom but that doesn't work. The heavy metal lid by the garage I have no idea how to lift that either HELP!

Thanks

where did you find the spark plug? thanks

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 15, 09 7:16 AM
You'll find it outside the farmhouse.

[Post New]by Poppijellybean on Dec 16, 09 1:01 PM
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 1 starts at the abandoned car and ends at the Manager's Office.

Either I don't have a garage or that whole scene where I find the crowbar does not exist. There is no white lights in the garage, not the first time I go or even the second time. I have pneumonia so make the answer easy. PJB.

[Post New]by dasey221 on Dec 16, 09 2:53 PM
coruca wrote:I am in the upstairs bedroom with the champain and have cleared the bed of all the seek and find items but the mattress. I have used several hints and they all point to the left edge, but I don't see a mattress and if I click, nothing happens. I tried raising my screen resolution and also tried in window as well as full screen mode. Any help? I am stuck!

[Post New]by inittowinit824 on Dec 16, 09 3:00 PM
where the heck is the hammer?/ lol

[Post New]by colourwheel on Dec 18, 09 1:45 AM
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 1 starts at the abandoned car and ends at the Manager's Office.

Hi where do i get the rope to cross the bridge and open the safe in the office and i did at one time see the gas lamp but found all items in the house and cant re'open to retrieve the lamp & fuel for it so still cant get light from the lamp to go down the stairs in the office PLEASE AM STUCK AND CANT GO ANY FURTHER

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 18, 09 3:08 PM
colourwheel wrote:

Hi where do i get the rope to cross the bridge and open the safe in the office and i did at one time see the gas lamp but found all items in the house and cant re'open to retrieve the lamp & fuel for it so still cant get light from the lamp to go down the stairs in the office PLEASE AM STUCK AND CANT GO ANY FURTHER

It's confusing when you just quote and don't ask a question of your own. Do you mean that you also need help with the exact same things in the quote. Let us know or we can't help you.

Go to: