viteacher
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

I am stuck!

[Post New]by viteacher on Feb 10, 11 2:19 PM
I cannot find the kerosine in the store so I can fill the lamp to see the cell phone in the farmhouse. I got the generator going, I got the ashes from the fireplace. I cannot get the hidden object scene in the store basement. There are no sparkles show a hidden object game there. I cannot get the glue which I need to finish fixing the torch that I will need on the bridge. The hammer does nothing on the bunny's head no matter where I hit it. I read the walkthrough and it says the kerosine should be on the shelf in the store. Where is it? Does this game have to be played in exact order for things to show up or happen? Good game but to many problems. Somebody help me!!!
vi teacher

Re:Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 11, 11 12:08 AM
Hey there, viteacher!

You don't have to play the game in order, but certain tasks trigger others. I honestly don't know what triggers the Kerosene hidden object scene (and the Glue one that comes right after) so bare with me as I try to figure out if you missed something. Have you found the 'Blacksmith' in the museum (door's on the far right, next to the stairs), and recieved the coin from the museum's gift shop (immediate left, when you first enter the museum)? Maybe it's one of those things that will give you some sparkles.

As for the bunny head, are you playing the Collector's or Standard Edition? The bunny head is part of the extras in the CE and can't be knocked off in the SE. If you are playing the CE, turn up your volume and test different areas of the head. At the proper position, you'll hear a cracking sound and it takes 10 good hits to knock the head off of the statue.

I hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by sharonklaus8567 on Feb 19, 11 12:01 PM
I'm perplexed on how to get the snowshoes from behind the gate. Can anyone give me a hint ? Thanks....Sharon

Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by sharonklaus8567 on Feb 19, 11 12:09 PM
Nevermind...I got the snowshoes. This game is great !

[Post New]by RadioSue3 on Feb 21, 11 10:10 AM
Hi Just bought Dire Grove and I love it. Problem is I can't find the 3rd coin. I found the one in the graveyard and I have found one in a hidden object. I bought the strategy guide to help me find it and it says something about gift shop, and I can't find that. I am playing the regular version.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 21, 11 8:12 PM
Welcome to the pond, RadioSue!

Lots of people had trouble finding the gift shop. When you first walk into the museum, it's the door on your left. It has a sign hanging on the door that says "Closed for the Season."

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by rainiershadow on Nov 28, 11 9:49 PM
I had the ice scraper and now it is gone from my inventory. Can't get the HOG to come back so am stuck. I have also gone into the gift shop to get the third coin but don't see anything there. We're in the shop do I find it and where do I find the tong? Thanks!

[Post New]by Topaz1988 on Dec 1, 11 6:31 PM
I hope that this is the right place to post this.
I have found all four students, and all four gems--what do I need to do/find to get across the bridge that leads to the tent? Or is there something I need to do first?

[Post New]by Topaz1988 on Dec 1, 11 6:36 PM
Topaz1988 wrote:I hope that this is the right place to post this.
I have found all four students, and all four gems--what do I need to do/find to get across the bridge that leads to the tent? Or is there something I need to do first?

Never mind. Figured it out.

[Post New]by gvberri on Sep 10, 14 6:54 PM
can some one please tell me what i need to cut the hose in the basement and how do i find it..TKS

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 13, 14 9:23 PM
gvberri wrote:can some one please tell me what i need to cut the hose in the basement and how do i find it..TKS
I responded to your same question in your post in the CE forum in the Chapter 4 thread...

Go to: