Chapter 7 discussion thread

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by inittowinit824 on Dec 18, 09 2:27 PM
where do i get the get the fire extinguisher to put out the fire? and also where is a thermometor??? plz helpppp lol

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 18, 09 2:30 PM
inittowinit824 wrote:where do i get the get the fire extinguisher to put out the fire? and also where is a thermometor??? plz helpppp lol

Hi inittowinit824! Welcome to the forums!

The thermometer is found at the entrance to the hotel. You will find the fire extinguisher in a HOG scene, but I don't recall where....

[Post New]by inittowinit824 on Dec 18, 09 2:42 PM
what do u mean hog scene? and ive looked everywhere in lobby of hotel for the thermometer

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 18, 09 3:05 PM
inittowinit824 wrote:what do u mean hog scene? and ive looked everywhere in lobby of hotel for the thermometer

HOG( Short for hidden object) scenes means one of the hidden object scenes that open up throughout the game. You can find them by clicking on a sparkly area. If you are completely new to this type of game you may want to check out the walkthrough.

Use the copy and paste link below.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/69136.page

By entrance prpldva meant the outside of the lodge. To play this game successfully you've got to be willing to explore and poke around. And it is fun to do so.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 18, 09 3:06 PM
Sorry- I just looked at the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

The fire extinguisher is found at the museum between the two animated displays.

To find the thermometer- go to the entrance of the hotel- it is on the right side of the door.

[Post New]by inittowinit824 on Dec 18, 09 3:09 PM
i got it but ty finished game now was fun but not very dificult

were is that ladder !

[Post New]by 1littlefish on Dec 19, 09 6:53 AM
i need a ladder to enter the big hole at thee ruins !
when i went back to the farm house to go and get the ladder it wasent there!
it tells me its been taken where can i find it again ....
thanks !

[Post New]by 1littlefish on Dec 19, 09 6:56 AM
when you look at the dire grove building you can look rite up in the door frame, just berfor you enter !
to the righthand side theres a thermoiter smash it with a hammer
'that sould do the trick !'

was wondering if you know what the mercurys for ???
thanks

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

were is that ladder !

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 19, 09 11:26 AM
1littlefish wrote:i need a ladder to enter the big hole at thee ruins !
thanks !

Allison has taken the ladder back to the hole. (Don't know how she managed to pass by without our seeing her. LOL. The mercury is used in the very last puzzle down in the big hole.

Edited on 12/19/2009 at 11:27:54 AM PST

[Post New]by kpferrer on Dec 20, 09 7:54 AM
paco12348 wrote:I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Dec 20, 09 8:11 AM
The place for the relics is random - look at your crime-computer, there you can see the shadow of the relics on the videos, that will be your places.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:40 AM
AsiaMinor wrote:I'm at the end.....but am missing TWO video tapes. HELP!?

Second to last video located at the ruins and the last video is inside the ruins before you find the students and enter the portal

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

were is that ladder !

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:42 AM
1littlefish wrote:i need a ladder to enter the big hole at thee ruins !
thanks !

Go back to the ruins it will be there

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:43 AM
1littlefish wrote: when you look at the dire grove building you can look rite up in the door frame, just berfor you enter !
to the righthand side theres a thermoiter smash it with a hammer
'that sould do the trick !'

was wondering if you know what the mercurys for ???
thanks

Mercury is the silver soul spoken of by Alison in the video. It is the fifth element that trumps the other four and will seal the portal forever

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:48 AM
baglady159 wrote:I just finished the game too and also have snowshoes still in my inventory. Guess we didn't need them after all or we missed something along the way that wasn't too important to the game.

You needed the snowshoes to get up to the barn, if they weren't in your inventory you wouldn't have been able to get there. I guess we get to keep them as souveniors of our adventure

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:51 AM
connierob wrote:
paco12348 wrote:I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.

The puzzle changes everytime you play. There are 4 columns and 4 rows on the grid on your crime computer where the videos are stored after you find them. Look at that grid and note the position of each of the 4 shapes that you have found. Note which row and column they are in on the crime computer grid.

Then go to the ruins and you will see the 4 column slots and round stone disks on the walls around the column slots. The object is to put the 4 shapes that you have found into the same positions that they are on the crime computer grid. To do this you can use the round stone disks to fill in the spaces in the column slots as needed in order to position the 4 shapes in the right spots.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:52 AM

There are 4 columns and 4 rows on the grid on your crime computer where the videos are stored after you find them. Look at that grid and note the position of each of the 4 shapes that you have found. Note which row and column they are in on the crime computer grid.

Then go to the ruins and you will see the 4 column slots and round stone disks on the walls around the column slots. The object is to put the 4 shapes that you have found into the same positions that they are on the crime computer grid. To do this you can use the round stone disks to fill in the spaces in the column slots as needed in order to position the 4 shapes in the right spots.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:57 AM
nwl43 wrote:
paco12348 wrote:Thanks, Lizzie, that worked well. Now I'm trying to decipher the runes in the underworld. I know the alphabet is in the book we read but I've tried every word I can think of and looked through the films. Any hints?

Read the riddle. Look in your inventory and see if anything could possibly match. For instance one says something about GRAIN. Do you have anything in your inventory that picks up dust and also makes arrows fly true.

The hints are on the stones themselves. Answers are Feather, Seeds, Ashes, Salt and Mercury

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 3:01 AM
GoldDuctWoman wrote:I am at the end and have the mercury and the stone popped up but my vial of mercury wont fit in the stone. Anyone know whats wrong??

U sure the mercury vial belongs in that stone. It might be the salt bottle

[Post New]by jojoTX on Dec 27, 09 1:22 PM
I read through the walkthough because I was stuck at the glyphs. When I opened up the suitcase there was no symbol sheet, so I am unable to decode the glyphs. Do I have to start a new game to get the code sheet and finish? Help!

Go to: