Re:James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: comments and reviews

[Post New]by sunshine666 on Dec 26, 09 10:36 AM
Much too dark in places, I hate having eyestrain when playing. I quit halfway through demo. Not for me!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Dec 28, 09 1:08 AM
In the hour demo, I only completed 1.5 investigations. I have run out of hints during the second investigation - oh noes!

The screen seems so dark, which is equally annoying and spooky. However, I will still buy for the value and fun.

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on Dec 29, 09 3:09 PM
govegril wrote:
Poppa47 wrote:got into investigation 4 of the game during the hour demo stopping after the assembly line of Holmes books and other stuff. These games to me are not worthy of a purchase because they play the same way every time. Finding a dozen red CD's and correctly placing them in a case gets too repetitious and ultimately boring when it is done time after time. All of the other Patterson games I have been able to finish by doing demos at other sites since the game can be continued to its conclusion.

Poppa grade is just a straight C.

Sorry Poppa but you say you do not feel these games worthy of a purchase yet you have gone out of your way to finish them by doing demoes at other sites- to me this mean you felt the game worth playing all the way through and therefore the developers do deserve to be paid for that.

I enjoy these games very much, already purchased this one elsewhere and I hope the series continue. The second one was a little different, but they seemed to have taken the good elements from the 1st and 2nd game for Blue Moon.

Excellent point & I totally agree govegril!

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Jan 20, 10 7:14 AM
Well Jeez, I'm glad I didn't buy this in December. Today it pops up at $2.99 even for non game members. Should I put off buying all new games for 5 weeks and get 1/2 off? Why should non-members ever get the daily deal?

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 20, 10 7:23 AM
2.99 what a deal!!!! NOT! WASTE OF MONEY screen too dark, items way too small. well if a deal seems too good to be true, it is!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 20, 10 8:56 AM
Guess I'll pick it up on the Daily Deal. The game plays the Jack the Ripper card, while not very inventive, proves good fun hopefully.

Yes, the game is too dark, and sometimes the objects to find are small, but they are mostly in logical places. Two items had me scratching my head though...

- a hydrant in the Kerouac Alley: take it away, nothing happens, no water, no nothing
- same location, pick up cover of a manhole... did, but no hole underneath???

I mean okay, it's just a HOG, but this is trying to sell me a real CSI...

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 20, 10 1:28 PM
I downloaded the game and attempted to play it but it just doesn't work on my computer, even in the windowed mode. The cursor is jerky and there is no way to change it. I was disappointed because it looks like it might be a good one, especially for $2.99.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 20, 10 7:19 PM
this is a great deal , a very interesting story line - but its not for me..after " shades of grey "...i said no more James Patterson - because there is no replay values..the HOG scenes dont change. It would be nice if you could change which character you are....well have enough punches for january so will continue looking ..

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 20, 10 10:49 PM
wrath6 wrote:this is a great deal , a very interesting story line - but its not for me..after " shades of grey "...i said no more James Patterson - because there is no replay values..the HOG scenes dont change. It would be nice if you could change which character you are....well have enough punches for january so will continue looking ..

The HOG scenes do change except for the inventory items...

[Post New]by ebbie13 on Jan 21, 10 4:57 PM
I am enjoying this game but does anyone else find it annoying when the game designers don't allow you enough space to type in your name? There are a lot of people with long names -- I know that it is an easy thing to adjust. Having a limit of, say 7 letters for your name just bugs me. This is not the first game that this has happened to me. It's not that big a deal, but it is a small irritant that is beginning to really annoy me.

Other than that, this game so far is pretty good.

alleybaba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by alleybaba on Jan 25, 10 3:22 PM
Game is repititious and boring. No excitement. At this point I don't care who the murderer is. Glad I purchased when BFG had a club special. Only worth $3.00.

[Post New]by mimzie on Jan 25, 10 3:24 PM
I purchased this game and the only thing I can say is, It was about the most boring game I have ever played

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 25, 10 3:31 PM
Finished the game today. In the end I would have liked the solution a bit more involved - I mean that I will find out who the murderer is, not the four characters. Also, would have liked more of the "cross out the streets" puzzles instead of having to enter names all the time (with an English keyboard layout instead of a German one - kept messing up the Ys and Zs.)

Slightly confused about the title. Can anybody tell me why this game was actually called "Twice in a Blue Moon"?

All in all not a bad game though, especially for discounted price.

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Jan 26, 10 9:27 AM
Boo Hiss...pointless seek and find items in incredibly dark and tiny places. Not even worth the $2.99 I paid for it.

I wound up skipping all the puzzles just to finish and delete.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Jan 26, 10 12:40 PM
This game is in the same style as the 1st. However, I've had so much trouble playing it on my computer, even with all the fixes,updates, & tweeks. I'm glad I got on daily deal price, as I have these problems of it just turning itself off, which means each time I have to start at the beginning of the chapter. It was interesting story wise. But that's about it. If the mini games had been unskippable I never would have finished as the last one just kept shutting me down.

/5

[Post New]by rangiorabelle on Feb 4, 10 5:15 AM
I have now finished this game. It was .not too bad. I agree that it was very dark in places.Some of the puzzles were just too much for my poor little brain. There were times when some H.O would not pick up and the puzzle in investigation 9 froze up and I could not do it. It entertained me for quite some time, so I guess that was not a bad thing. A little boring in parts I would give it a 6 . Cheers Rangiorabelle

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 4, 10 9:52 AM
Hey Fishies!

For those of you who are concerned that this game is much too dark, it might be helpful to adjust the screen brightness on your monitor. on most computer monitors there is a menu button that you can push to adjust the screen brightness, contrast, color, and orientation. This might be helpful if you enjoy the game, but are just unable to see some of the scenes.

If you're experiencing technical issues or a game crash, it might be helpful to double check that you have the latest version of DirectX and your display drivers are up to date. The following help article has more information:

Frequent Crashing of Game

If this doesn't help, it might be time to contact tech support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Feb 6, 10 4:43 PM
I really liked this. I never noticed it being dark on my monitor, but that's just me.

Can anybody tell me why this game was actually called "Twice in a Blue Moon"?

Not me. I wondered about that as well.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 14, 10 12:51 AM
Just finished playing this. I thought it was quite good, althought not as good as the first two. However, it does have a good mix of hidden objects, mini games and a good story line.

3 out of 5 stars

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 24, 10 4:42 AM
I bought this in January 2010 as a $2.99 DD and it sat unplayed until now (in August!!). I just finished playing it and, as much I tend to find straight HOGs kind of boring these days, I really enjoyed this one. If you don't like searching for objects that are quite small, you probably won't like this one - a lot of small objects (which doesn't bother me - and, yes, I can barely see without my prescription glasses) the graphics are really good and it is not difficult to discern what the objects are like you see in some other games where the graphics aren't so wonderful. The mini games are easy and nothing to brag about - but the story is fun and the gameplay is fun and I had fun!! It's not that long of a game, but I am a rather slow player and don't readily use hints so the game lasted me several hours I think (not in one sitting as had other things going on that forced a few "breaks"). Definitely worth the money here; I feel like I got quite a bargain!!

Happy gaming

Go to: