Re:Walkthrough now available for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

[Post New]by bigfishgame12 on Jan 25, 10 11:50 AM
I got stuck very early how to break the bathroom floor ?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 25, 10 12:19 PM
bigfishgame12 wrote:I got stuck very early how to break the bathroom floor ?

You should have gotten a sledge hammer on your first trip to the garage.

[Post New]by Kazzykaz on Jan 28, 10 6:27 AM
Hi - really enjoying this game but stuck trying to find the ladder to get down the hole after breaking the relic code at the Ruins, it was in the farmhouse but has gone and so are all the students. Where did they go?

Thanx

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 28, 10 6:49 AM
Look in your journal, then track down the students.

[Post New]by tigherlily on Jan 30, 10 5:14 PM
Can someone help. I have walked through the game many times and cannot find out where four of my items should go. I know by now that the showshoes go no where, but what about the urn, fire extinguisher, glass vial and hammer? Non of these items fit anywhere either.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 30, 10 5:28 PM
tigherlily wrote:Can someone help. I have walked through the game many times and cannot find out where four of my items should go. I know by now that the showshoes go no where, but what about the urn, fire extinguisher, glass vial and hammer? Non of these items fit anywhere either.

Some of those things will be used in the last puzzle of the game. But unless you have left some things out of your list, you're going to need some others: seeds, salt, ashes, feather. If you don't have those there are still areas you need to visit. If you can give me a total list of what you have in your inventory, I can figure where you are in the game and tell you where to go next.Have you crossed the icy bridge and completed the relics puzzle?

Edited on 01/30/2010 at 5:31:30 PM PST

[Post New]by mmiller37616 on Feb 1, 10 5:14 PM
Ok i have been all over this game trying to find the ladder the second time allison took it from the farmhouse but i went back to the ruins and its not there. the only other ladder is high on the wall in the garage but i dont think this is the right one. can any one please tell where the heck my ladder vanished to and where i can find it so i can get down the hole?

thanks!!!

[Post New]by mynana74 on Feb 10, 10 2:28 PM
I am stuck on the ruins..........I've put the stones in many different ways and still nothing happens...........by the way, I put the stones in, just like the book and still nothing..........what is the secrect?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 10, 10 2:30 PM
The book is only a guide. It's not the solution. Look at your (video) crime computer 4 * 4 grid.

[Post New]by dogfarm on Feb 14, 10 5:38 PM
I have everything I need to go on, but for some reason, I can't click on the high voltage box to do the puzzle or fire up the generator. Can somebody help me please?? It would be greatly appreciated.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 15, 10 5:26 AM
dogfarm wrote:I have everything I need to go on, but for some reason, I can't click on the high voltage box to do the puzzle or fire up the generator. Can somebody help me please?? It would be greatly appreciated.

Have you used the ice scraper on the ledge that leads to the high voltage box? You will find what you need to start the generator later in the game.

[Post New]by cejkids on Mar 3, 10 3:14 AM
HI all, i know that im suppose to hit the statue rabbits head off but ive tried so many times and it wont work. Any idea what im doing wrong?????

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 9, 10 4:56 PM
cejkids wrote:HI all, i know that im suppose to hit the statue rabbits head off but ive tried so many times and it wont work. Any idea what im doing wrong?????

If you are playing the regular version instead of the Collector's Edition, that is not part of your game. If you are playing the CE, you should probably switch over to that forum because it has the information you need. In the collector's edition only you can get the rabbits head off by placing the hammer diagonally across the bunny's body and striking 10 times. If you are playing the regular version, you should make sure you are referring to the walkthrough for that game as the one for the CE will totally confuse you.

[Post New]by mrwilson2 on Mar 26, 10 2:28 PM
I love the game. I am at the portal with the students dropping the relics, I have all the tapes and followed the guide step by step, but I cannot get down the portal. I click on the hole, but each time I return to where the ladder is. What have I missed? I printed out the walkthrough and "walked through" each step to where I am stuck, at the portal with the students, nothing missed. Well, I couldn't find where I skipped a step or missed something. Can anyone help?

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 2:31:43 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 26, 10 7:39 PM
mrwilson2 wrote:I love the game. I am at the portal with the students dropping the relics, I have all the tapes and followed the guide step by step, but I cannot get down the portal. I click on the hole, but each time I return to where the ladder is. What have I missed? I printed out the walkthrough and "walked through" each step to where I am stuck, at the portal with the students, nothing missed. Well, I couldn't find where I skipped a step or missed something. Can anyone help?

So sorry not to be any help. I just don't have an answer. I don't think you have skipped anything or you wouldn't have the ladder. The only thing I can think of to do is click all around the opening just in case you are not hitting the trigger spot. Have you gone back to it after quitting the game?

china1324
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by china1324 on Apr 19, 10 9:46 PM
the car jack is in one of the hidden object scenesthe trunk i thunk

[Post New]by pheonix21 on May 1, 10 11:14 AM
Thanks everyone for asking about the snowshoes. That was bugging me too. I kept taking them out and putting them everywhere. But I saw the answer from someone. I think it would have been less confusing to actually us them. Glad I wasn't only one confused. I actually played 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing it or if it was glitch in game. Thanks for walkthrough also to check. Makes me feel better.

[Post New]by MzCookie_WCD on May 28, 10 3:40 PM
I just started the game and I'm stuck! I need to open the safe, find something to push my boat or something to get across the hole in the bottom of the bridge.
HELP!!!!!

peperica
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by peperica on Jun 5, 10 8:05 PM
I just finished the game and it was very very good. Thank God for the walkthrough.

papillonma
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by papillonma on Jun 20, 10 4:43 PM
I clicked on the link and it showed the morphing objects. I am getting ready to torch the icy bridge and go to the tent. I want to make sure I did not miss anything. I have the standard edition.

Go to: