Re:Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets comments and reviews

[Post New]by MurphtheSquirt on Dec 23, 09 2:51 PM
I really enjoyed this game. But then, I am a retired first grade teacher so I liked the "Where's Waldo" books.

The game is very busy, but it has some interesting parts to it. It is a nice mindless game for a lazy afternoon.

Murph

[Post New]by elon_hephzibah on Dec 23, 09 7:23 PM
I'm stuck at Chapter 2 Post 1... Can anyone help? No matter how I click, drag, click & drag or restart the game, nothing seems to work... Was enjoying the game till now...

gin72
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by gin72 on Feb 4, 10 3:55 AM
I loved this game. Not very challenging, but I played it twice now and enjoyed it every time. Very relaxing to play.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Feb 8, 10 3:36 AM
I liked the new approach to hiding objects (well ... people, really). Usually, those bright games are not my favourite (I like playing all those 'dark and spooky' games) and I'm not really into gossip, but the game was nice to play and I never experienced any difficulties. (No, not even with that swap game - worked out for me right away.)

Great, comic-like graphics, too. I can recommend it for people who like searching things in games (in other words: those who love HOG games).

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 9, 10 12:49 PM
Finished the game today and loved it. It's definitely a different approach to hidden objects to look for people in a crowd. The game is only timed if you want to earn the achievement to finish every level on expert time - which I did, so I had to replay some of the later ones, where the crowds were really tense.

Added difficulty came from changing crowds, floating crowds (actually that level was easy), turning on / turning off light, looking at level through binoculars / keyholes. You have to find people either by full view, portrait shot, silhouette or description. However, if you manage to remember how people look like it might get easier.

Wonder if somebody had compiled a list of celebrities in the game: I'm not that great a spotter, but I recognised Kelly Osbourne, New Kids on the Block, Brad Pitt, Alyson Hannigan, Goldie Hawn among others.

Bottom Line: If you want a different approach to the HOG genre, buy this game.

P.S.: Yes, the mini game really meant that they are eating the napkins. Some people also eat handkerchiefs. The kinda "inflate" in the stomach, filling it and make you lose the urge to eat. However, you can imagine it's not very healthy.

BUCKWHEAT1
Flounder
Flounder
2,106 Posts

[Post New]by BUCKWHEAT1 on Feb 22, 10 7:40 PM
I had a blast! So much to look for... people, stars, items, shadows, etc.... I love the plot.

[Post New]by bigbands444 on Jul 10, 10 9:07 AM
I love this game. Bright, cheerful, funny, a great way to "go Hollywood." No dark goth supernatural horror stuff. I've replayed it until I know so many of the characters by heart that I've given them names. I especially laughed at the "find the differences" side by side comic drawings of characters who had had cosmetic surgery. Please, please, PLEASE ask the producers of this game to create a sequel. I'd buy it in a minute.

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 11:55:35 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 11, 10 12:51 AM
Fun game and like somebody else said, light and not dark-themed. Just all around good fun. You are given where's waldo type pics of crowds and various different photographs of people in the crowd. You must locate them. Sometimes you are only given a silhouette or a shot of the person that differs slightly from the actual pose you see them in. Sometimes you see only their face, sometimes it mentions what they are carrying, etc. Can take a while to find some of them. You also get to look for the main character and one of her friends for bonus points. There are other hidden things in the levels to look for too. The mini games are pretty fun - not your standard junk for the most part. Everything is themed in an original way. You basically hunt down celebrities to spy on them - yes, you're the paparazzi. Altogether, a well-done great game and highly recommended.

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Feb 27, 11 7:03 PM
I think it's a really cute game and a refreshing light hearted break... not to be taken seriously or compared to IHOGS or sophisticated adventure games.

Seems to have no tech issues

It's a great value DD buy for sure!!

[ Reminds me alot of the Sunset Studios series which I'm surprised that BFG have never picked up. These were one of the first games I came across 18 months ago that led me to search for more games online and eventually finding BFG. ]

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 4, 13 11:07 AM
Well could only take about 10 minutes of this mindless game....It seems to get good reviews, but I just couldn't take it. Need a little more than this to keep my interest.

Go to: