awful tournament results

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:awful tournament results

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 5, 16 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all who've been stopping by with information and these great tips about the tournaments. Clairelle, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive your diamonds from the tournament. There may be a slight delay between winning and having your reward added to your account, however you should definitely receive it.

If anyone doesn't receive something they've won from a tournament, we highly recommend contacting our Customer Support Team. Unfortunately, we don't have the tools in the forums to handle issues like that. However, if you contact them with your player ID, our Reps can look into it. The following help article has specific steps for locating your player ID in the game:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

I can see you also posted about this in one of the tech threads. Posting in one of those threads is exactly what we recommend when a technical glitch occurs, as the Forum Moderation Team can track trends and issues and make sure they're reported to the right team. If anyone notices a tech problem in the future, please feel free to post in one of the following threads:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!
Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

I also wanted to stop by and ask that we all make sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

The Forum Moderation Team requests that people please refrain from including profanity in their posts. This way, we can keep the forums a respectful and enjoyable place for everyone.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 12:26:09 PM PST

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 5, 16 3:20 PM
I just finished playing the last tournament and low and behold, I finished in the top 10. I got that score the first time and sat waiting for it to be pushed down the list, like it always has before. Yesterday I placed 500 and something in one of the tournaments.

This is the first time I have been that high on the list. I was really surprised when I got spins for 50% and 40%. Getting high percentage spins is what it takes to place in the "upper echelons".

I was about ready to give up 2 days ago. So if you don't think it will happen for you, just remember that I didn't think it would happen for me either.

Good luck to all and God bless.

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 3:20:31 PM PST

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Mar 5, 16 3:38 PM
magz13
Ccongratulations
I totally agree it's all down to how many chips you find and the luck of the wheel.

Acetoyou
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Acetoyou on Mar 5, 16 4:52 PM
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered in the forum, but I did not locate a previous discussion of the issue. This is my first round of tournaments and I have done OK, but I have wondered if there are always at least nine chips in a round to find. There have been times when I have only found enough to spin twice -- other times four times.

Also, just to report, I did not receive the diamonds I won in the last round. I've read the moderators notice so I will follow those instructions. There may be a glitch.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Mar 5, 16 5:28 PM
Acetoyou wrote: I have wondered if there are always at least nine chips in a round to find. There have been times when I have only found enough to spin twice -- other times four times.

It is random. There is no guaranteed number.

lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by lawse1 on Mar 5, 16 7:16 PM
the tournaments are horrible. I will never get the avatars unless those who have gotten them quit playing and give others a chance. I amnot using crystals to play either enough

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 5, 16 7:26 PM
First to Acetoyou. I have gotten 14 chips at one time but very low percentage spins so they did not do me any good.

Next to lawse1. I do plan to quit when I get the avatar for this achievement. I want everyone to have a chance to get this. I just don't know how long it will take to get the rest of the achievements for this avatar.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Mar 5, 16 7:52 PM
In case you were not aware: You have a minimum of 30% chance of getting 10% every time you spin. There are 4 10%, 3 20%, 2 30%, 1 40%, 1 50% and 1 0 for a total of 12 slots on the wheel.

Like any game of chance, the odds are against high scores, but some get lucky.

And then some get really, really lucky and get that "glitch"

Acetoyou
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Acetoyou on Mar 5, 16 8:03 PM
Thanks, CoCo and Magz. I was trying to determine if I was missing some tokens or if there are just some low HOS. Thanks for helping.

Ace

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 6, 16 6:20 AM
I was getting mediocre results and felt like this was just a pleasant diversion while I waited for the game to recharge.

Then last night, right before going to bed, I played to a base score in my usual range and 12 chips*. I then spun the wheel, got 40%, 40%, 40%, and 10%. That left me with a very high score. When I logged in this morning, I learned I'd won 9 diamonds.

So it's the wheel. The wheel is random. Eventually, random spins of the wheel will work in your favor.

*I look at each scene to identify the chips before I start clicking on items. That's been the only change I've made, and it seems to work. But I've never found more than 12 chips among the 5 rooms.

Edited on 03/06/2016 at 6:20:54 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 6, 16 6:42 AM
I've found 15 before, but that was when the wheel had "bust" on it, and sure enough, first spin... bust.... I'll take less chips over bust any day of the week....

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Mar 6, 16 3:42 PM
Ok.... I just played this last tournament (3 to 5 CST). I still have to say there is something wrong with the wheel. My first game I managed to get 10% - 40% - 10%, which, I feel was normal for the first game. I did manage to play roughly 7 free games (I refuse to waste diamonds). In all those game, I managed to find enough chips for either 3 or 4 spins on the wheel. After all those spins, you would think you'd get something other that 10%. Nope. Forget it Every spin I made, it landed on the 10%, located between the 20% and the 50%. So... the wheel has not been fixed. The lowest I have ever placed was somewhere in the 300 range... and that was when the tournaments were first introduced into the game and everyone was still trying to figure it out. Today.... I placed in the 806 slot! All I can say is.... The wheel still needs fixing. Thank you.....

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 6, 16 8:13 PM
apollogold wrote:Ok.... I just played this last tournament (3 to 5 CST). I still have to say there is something wrong with the wheel. My first game I managed to get 10% - 40% - 10%, which, I feel was normal for the first game. I did manage to play roughly 7 free games (I refuse to waste diamonds). In all those game, I managed to find enough chips for either 3 or 4 spins on the wheel. After all those spins, you would think you'd get something other that 10%. Nope. Forget it Every spin I made, it landed on the 10%, located between the 20% and the 50%. So... the wheel has not been fixed. The lowest I have ever placed was somewhere in the 300 range... and that was when the tournaments were first introduced into the game and everyone was still trying to figure it out. Today.... I placed in the 806 slot! All I can say is.... The wheel still needs fixing. Thank you.....

Just weighing in that I also, about 80% of the time land on that same 10% between the 20 and 50. Maybe more. In fact, that's where I EXPECT my spins to land.

ETA: Having just played in the tournaments three more times, I kept a better eye on the wheel. It landed on the 10% between the 20 and 50 100% of the time. That was 9 spins. All the same. Certainly doesn't allow for any positive anticipation.

Edited on 03/06/2016 at 9:03:10 PM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Mar 6, 16 10:47 PM
NoFishToday wrote:
apollogold wrote:Ok.... I just played this last tournament (3 to 5 CST). I still have to say there is something wrong with the wheel. My first game I managed to get 10% - 40% - 10%, which, I feel was normal for the first game. I did manage to play roughly 7 free games (I refuse to waste diamonds). In all those game, I managed to find enough chips for either 3 or 4 spins on the wheel. After all those spins, you would think you'd get something other that 10%. Nope. Forget it Every spin I made, it landed on the 10%, located between the 20% and the 50%. So... the wheel has not been fixed. The lowest I have ever placed was somewhere in the 300 range... and that was when the tournaments were first introduced into the game and everyone was still trying to figure it out. Today.... I placed in the 806 slot! All I can say is.... The wheel still needs fixing. Thank you.....

Just weighing in that I also, about 80% of the time land on that same 10% between the 20 and 50. Maybe more. In fact, that's where I EXPECT my spins to land.

ETA: Having just played in the tournaments three more times, I kept a better eye on the wheel. It landed on the 10% between the 20 and 50 100% of the time. That was 9 spins. All the same. Certainly doesn't allow for any positive anticipation.

Thank You for keeping track and taking notice! I also played again at the 9 CST. This time I did manage to get a really good game the first time out and did place... But any other free games I played again wound up with that lousy 10%... between the 20 and 50 %.... People, start taking notice... the wheel isn't fixed. There is STILL a Glitch in the wheel... It's too obvious! Thank you....

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 6, 16 11:29 PM
I actually have allowed myself to use diamonds for some extra play. Odds are no better free-play or with diamonds. Spins are the same, tokens seem scarce more often than not. One particular game, I only got 5 tokens, and believe me, I spot them all if they are there. One spin was 40, the other ZERO. Since the tournaments have started, I have had base scores of 15-17k in pretty much every HOS. Yet, I am still unable to score above 400 or so. And I have played non-stop in the last four two-hour tournaments just to see what would happen. Disheartening results.

I play because I enjoy the tournaments. I don't care about the achievements. But, they really should be looked into as they are not much fun as they stand at the moment. I wish I knew how those lucky people who get in the top 100 are doing so. And perhaps that's all it is...luck. I'd at least like to have a fair shot at replenishing some of the diamonds I purchase. Will hold off on any more expenditures until the spins are more random than a constant 10%.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Mar 6, 16 11:34 PM
It's the same with my game, nearly 90-95% I end up on the 10% between the 20 and 50% and with every scene I play I get less chips. I am very lucky if I can spin the wheel 3 x, quite often I end up with 2 turns and I surch very careful

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Mar 6, 16 11:43 PM
My chances of getting this Achievement and winning the Lottery, are about the same !!! Just saying look at the odds !!!

Betslou41

jyannis
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by jyannis on Mar 7, 16 12:50 AM
I'm curious about the top scorer who would be sitting at the high 400,000 scores. I did some calculations, he/she would had to have a very high base score, at find 15 spins for 5 spins, and score 50% at least 4 times.

With a base score of 70,000 (I used 14,000 as the maximum per room, could be higher), and 4 spins of 50%, the high score is 354,375 so to reach 400,000, one really has to be very very good and also very very very lucky.

P.S. I'm talking about Tournaments on iOS by the way, I know PC gets points for accuracy and their scores may be way higher.

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 12:55:24 AM PST

robyn456
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by robyn456 on Mar 7, 16 4:09 AM
I am very excited I finally got 4 diamonds after playing tournaments constantly always get 10% or 20% I got 50% 40% 50% so it can be done not as good as most but yayy me
Robyn456

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 7, 16 4:47 AM
Congratulations to all who did get to place for the achievement and those who won diamonds.

The diamonds aren't as important to me as getting this achievement completed. I will probably be playing for quite a while, but when I do complete it (hopefully), I will quit playing the tournaments so there will be one less to compete with. That won't make the odds that much better but I do want everyone to have a chance. Maybe some of the others will also do this also.

Go to: