gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

Re:Cassandra's Journey 2: The Fifth Sun of Nostradamus comments and reviews

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 20, 09 2:53 PM
The first time I playd the game and left, when I came back I had to start all over. My progress was not saved. Going through again, i deliberately left to see if it would save and it did so it must be a glitch.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 20, 09 2:59 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I like everything about the game but the subject. The graphics are really good and the IHOG aspect is my favorite type of game. However, for the same reason I didn't buy the first Cassandra game, I won't buy this either. I stay away from anything having to do with astrology, fortune telling, etc., etc. I don't understand why, if there can be games with themes of astrology and the like, why can't we have a few games with a Christian theme? Astrology and fortune telling are both a type of belief system so why does there seem to be such an objection when it comes to anything Biblical or Christian? Please, Big Fish, get at least a few games that have some Christian themes.
I'm sure there are some fish members who would appreciate them.

Re you post. I appreciate your feelings, however think this through a little more. (1) there are so many different interpretations in religion BF would be sure to antagonize someone. (2) In my opinion, it would be trivializing a very important part of many people's lives.

megus
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by megus on Dec 20, 09 3:05 PM
gameslvr wrote:The first time I playd the game and left, when I came back I had to start all over. My progress was not saved. Going through again, i deliberately left to see if it would save and it did so it must be a glitch.

you progress is saved only when you successfully pass the level
hope it helps.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Dec 20, 09 4:41 PM
aerenye wrote:I had 15 minutes left to play the game and was told I have to purchase the game. Some games take a full hour for me to decide if I want to purchase or not. I am very, very dissappointed that BF has started doing this on all the games. Very dissappointed and I dont think I will be coming back to BF.

I must say I find that attitude quite unreasonable. How may businesses let you use their product for AN HOUR before you decide if you want to buy or not? Does the pizza store let you eat three slices before deciding if you want the whole thing? Does the movie theatre let you watch the first hour before you decide if you are going to pay for the whole movie?

The fact that BFG lets us play for an hour or for the designed demo is amazing. Honestly, how much more will you know in 60 minutes over 45? I love the hour (or defined length) demo. The set demos (first couple of chapters usually) are fine with me - I certainly get a flavor for the whole game.

If you don't like that approach, just skip those games. BFG is certainly not "doing this on all the games" in any possible definition of "all." For the last 90 days, I would bet you would not find 10 games that have a set demo.

Quit whining.

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Dec 20, 09 6:07 PM
Hear, hear Kayster!! I'm with you!

I've been a fishie for quite some time with dozens of games under my belt (or is that gills?) that I've purchased, and I can tell [usually] within the first 10 minutes if a game's gonna be for me or not. Sometimes though it takes a little longer, but 20 minutes, tops! I don't need the whole 60 to know if I'm going to buy a game. I'm either hooked from the start or I'm not. The opening credits, music, "feel" of a game is either gonna 'git' me or it's not. It's not likely a game is going to change my opinion after 20 or 40 or 60 minutes.

But the fact that BF even gives 60 minutes away, or frankly any minutes away, FOR FREE, is simply them giving out great customer service. And compare those free minutes to some $20 or $40 or $60 console video game you'd buy in the store that, chances are, you can't demo, get home & find you hate, and then you're stuck with. Where are you then? Stuck in return lines hoping you end up with a game you do like, wishing you could play it before you bought it...

Gee. I wonder who offers that...?

Be grateful with what BF is doing, and continues to do. I am!

And frankly, the idea of movie theaters allowing people the option of viewing the first 60 minutes free before buying...? At today's movie prices?! Doesn't sound like a bad idea!

Edited on 12/20/2009 at 6:30:39 PM PST

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Dec 20, 09 6:37 PM
mst3kr wrote:I've been a fishie for quite some time with dozens of games under my belt (or is that gills?)

Definitely gills

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 20, 09 8:21 PM
Was looking forward to this, liked it very much, and will look forward to the next.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 20, 09 8:24 PM
Oh - I do have one quibble - the animation of characters' facial features while "talking." May be old-fashioned, but I still like my game people very 2-dimensional.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 20, 09 11:17 PM
gameslvr wrote:The first time I playd the game and left, when I came back I had to start all over. My progress was not saved. Going through again, i deliberately left to see if it would save and it did so it must be a glitch.

Well--guess what. After I left the game and came back, I had to start all over AGAIN. And I had completed several chapters already. Going to consult with tech help.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Dec 21, 09 1:57 AM
gameslvr wrote:

Well--guess what. After I left the game and came back, I had to start all over AGAIN. And I had completed several chapters already. Going to consult with tech help.

Would you please keep us posted?

[Post New]by aerenye on Dec 21, 09 6:12 AM
ok, let me try this again. I have been buying games from BF for years. I thought it was great that MANY of these game sites are $6.99 to purchase games. In this economy this is nice. However, now that BF has come out with the "extended versions" and you must pay $19.99 seems to be going backward. I have tried to play a few games to see if I like them and even tho BF says you have an hour, my time has been cut short from 15 minutes play to 45 minutes. I do enjoy playing for the full hour and some games does take me the hour to decide if I want to buy or not. Some games, takes me just a few minutes to decide.

Kayster I dunno who pee'd in your wheaties but your comments are uncalled for. However, I can see where my previous post would make you misunderstand as I did not add all the content that I should have.

I am dissappointed that BF has turned to the "extended versions" and have allowed to let the players try the game for what they say is 60 minutes then cut it short. This has been happening for a while and I dont think I will be returning to this site. As I said the MANY other sites that are out there do tell you if its a trial version for 30 mins, 40 mins, ect. I am not a compulsive shopper and by cutting time short is not going to make me purchase the product because "I have to have it".

In my opinion, The "extended versions" does not include enough content to jump from $6.99 to $19.99.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 21, 09 6:34 AM
What an AWESOME game, this game has it ALL, it takes me away to another world in which I am happy to visit for hours on end.
I love astrology, fantasy, and a good story with the BEST graphics, that just blow my mind, what little I have left....lol!!!
This game has everything that game lovers seek, in an HOG, it is just stunning and the developers really put a lot of EFFORT into making it, IMO one of the best HOG's this year.
It has layers upon layers, of fun and the flow of the game is PERFECT, with just the right amount of challenge, not to easy and not to hard.
In many games you can move objects around, but I don't think any other game does it as well, as this game does, the interaction is just spot on!!
You can play card games and get your fortune told, as an added bonus, there is just so much to do and I think that makes this game the total package.
Is it worth the money paid, you bet, this is one game that I would have paid full price for.
But thanks to who brings us the BEST games, at the BEST prices, I didn't have to do that.
With that said, I am so grateful for all of the hard work BF does, some people haven't a clue what it takes, to bring new games to this site on a daily basis.
This fish is VERY grateful to have a place to go to, and forget about reality for a while, so I will keep coming back :-)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year EVERYONE !!

wolfpup13
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by wolfpup13 on Dec 21, 09 8:05 AM
ChocCherry wrote:I can't figure out how to turn the water on in the kitchen scene when I'm making the soup. I've tried all I can think of. Any help out there?

I'm having the same problem,did you get any help?Thanks

reedsteve
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by reedsteve on Dec 21, 09 5:33 PM
vault07 wrote:I guess I will be the odd duck here. I will say for the sake of my conscience, I could not play this game. It seems like a lot of witch craft, casting spells, I downloaded the demo, gave it a half of a minute and felt like I was engaging in something EVIL! Not for me at all. I also chose not to play MANY other games just released for this same reason. This is just how I feel about the game. I would really like to see Big Fish come out with less witch craft and something more upbeat.

Some here may think that your feedback is "silly", but I do not. I completely agree with you. The games that have dark undertones (e.g. witchcraft, casting spells, etc.) can be very disturbing. I still like BFG and think there are many fine games here, but like you I tend to avoid the ones that have subject matter that I find offensive.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Dec 21, 09 8:33 PM
Eisteepfirsich, I could not have said it better. Love both Cassandra's. The first Cassandra, I had to disengage both the Customer Curser and Enhanced Effects as they slowed down the play some. Frankly I always disengage Customer Cusers when I can. Just do not like them. In Cassandra 2 it runs just fine with Enhanced Effects. Cassandra 2 is just hard enough to make it interesting, but not hard enough to have to use the walkthrough. It is just good, plain, fun. Thanks BF, you came through again.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 22, 09 6:22 AM
Pats3 wrote:Found a problem in the very first part - lighting the candles, the closest one on the mantle cannot be lit because the hand(curser) gets in the way. Any solutions?

I had this same problem Pats but still had to find 1 more book. In desperation (because the matches were still attached to my finger and wouldn't go back in the inventory) I asked for a hint. It pointed out the missing book but wouldn't pick it up. Then I tried to light the candle again and it worked this time! Maybe a glitch?
I had no problem downloading the trial. So fingers crossed I won't have any with the full game as I have to buy this.
Really enjoyed it so far.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 22, 09 1:43 PM
ILoveLucyRicardo wrote:
gameslvr wrote:

Would you please keep us posted?

Will defintiely let you know the outcome!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 22, 09 1:58 PM
Kayster and mst3kr---- love your posts!!! Couldn't agree more. And if anyone doesn't think the CE's are worth the money, that's ok, its your dime. The same with picking an choosing what games to play -- that's entirely up to each person. But that said---- i find those that whine about missing a few minutes or try to decide how BF should run their business, extremely tiresome. Do you complain at the grocery store that they charge more for prime rib than for hamburger too?

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 22, 09 8:17 PM
Sorry, McLeish I didn't have to cut an onion anywhere--- however since I have had to start over and repeat the same scenes 5 times maybe I just didn't get to that part!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Dec 24, 09 7:31 AM
THe graphics were good, I don't recall the first game although I'm sure I tried it. I wish there was a way to turn off Cassandra, the rapid eye movement and mouth is kinda creepy to me and distracting. I don't want to skip the dialogue as I like to read the stories but find her image so weird it will end up as a no-buy for me. I also dislike **** with shapes.

Oh and McLeish if you haven't got an answer somewhere else yet, just throw the onion in the pot, no cutting required.

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 7:32:09 AM PST

Go to: