blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mushroom Age

[Post New]by blujeens on Nov 25, 11 7:37 PM
OK, here's my review:

Graphics: This is a bright and colorful game. The graphics were clear and easy to see.

Voices/Sound: Voice-overs were good. I thought the lead player seemed a little cool under the circumstances that would normally shake up the rest of us, but it's only a game afterall!

Music: There was only one piece that played that I thought was original and worth listening to, but if you turned down the music, then you wouldn't hear the voices.

Minis/HOS: It was funny that the unlimited clues helped in locating any objects that you needed to find, but during some of the minis, there were no hints or clues available. It was a little annoying to see the hints "grayed out" just when you needed them the most, but it forced me to think a little harder. Although there is a walk-thru available on another game site, it still didn't help for a few of the minis so you're kinda on your own here.

Game Overall: I don't remember when I spent so much time on one game. This was put out by Nevosoft in 2008 (if I remember correctly) and it was amazing that it went on as long as it did. It's sort of like listening to "American Pie" back when most songs were barely 3 1/2 minutes long and suddenly here was this one tune nearly 9 minutes long! Anyway, I digress... The idea behind this game was certainly imaginative! I think I easily spent a total of 9 hours on this one, and you can't skip anything.

Recommendation: I bought this as a DD, but wouldn't have minded buying it as an SE simply because of the length of the game and the unique "flavor" of it. I have read that some fishes are put off by the small section that had a kind of religious aspect to it, and although we all have our limitations, I don't think the devs had any intentions of discrediting a subject that some may take seriously. IMO, this game was light, funny, original and for those fishes looking for something different, this game certainly delivers. I may actually play this one again some day - when I've got plenty of time!

Out of 5 stars, I give it

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 27, 11 12:40 PM
I've now uninstalled this game, and will no longer be playing it. Too many contradictions, and being wrong ie a being pretending to be God, and then the speaker saying there is a bit of God in all of us, and going from time travelling to all this, is just plain ridiculous.

Yes, you can do anything with a story, but for a person who plays because of a good story line, this is the worst one ever. Only consolation, I have is that I've brought in on the Daily Deal. This is the worst game that I've ever played. Should get a grip on what your trying to say to the game player, you want to use religion, but then talk about being secular, this is not good, not good at all. Of course we're not here to debate secular and religion, but the developer's should again get a grip, your entitled to use what you want, but bringing all this in, is not good enough, and I don't see why they needed to, it didn't add to the game..

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 12:29:20 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 6, 11 4:11 PM
HasNazir wrote:I've now uninstalled this game, and will no longer be playing it. Too many contradictions, and being wrong ie a being pretending to be God, and then the speaker saying there is a bit of God in all of us, and going from time travelling to all this, is just plain ridiculous.

Yes, you can do anything with a story, but for a person who plays because of a good story line, this is the worst one ever. Only consolation, I have is that I've brought in on the Daily Deal. This is the worst game that I've ever played. Should get a grip on what your trying to say to the game player, you want to use religion, but then talk about being secular, this is not good, not good at all. Of course we're not here to debate secular and religion, but the developer's should again get a grip, your entitled to use what you want, but bringing all this in, is not good enough, and I don't see why they needed to, it didn't add to the game..

For those of us players with wide open minds this game is just plain fun and funny. I'm waiting for Mushroom Age II.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 31, 11 12:49 PM
I bought this game back in 08, the game is silly, cute and fun, the story line was the silly part but still it gave the game the cute side of it.

I enjoyed playing the game and never felt offended by it in any way at all, been open minded gives me that option to see a simple and cute game as just been silly but good enough to play.

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Fun Game

[Post New]by technocratee on Jan 7, 12 4:47 AM
What a fun game. I bought it as a DD cause this forum said it was good, I didn't expect it to be that fun.
I played the first chapter and wasn't that won over, then I got into it and couldn't stop.
Good graphics, great voice overs, funny personalities, long, full of mini games.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jul 8, 12 9:19 AM
Pfff. Finally ended this game. Nice, in itself, but there's one negative point about it that made me want to throw my pc out of the window, from time to time:

THERE'S NO SKIPBUTTON FOR THE MINIGAMES!

Devs, please, IF you ever want to make a follow up: make the minigames skippable. It's annoying HAVING TO finish minigames in order to procede. Really. It's that my DH helped with some of the puzzles, or else I would never have been able to finish.

So people, be warned! Nice game, although a little bit too long to my taste, but you can't skip the minigames, so you have to keep trying 'till you've solved them all, and boy, some of them are quite tough.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Feb 5, 13 10:34 AM
I just finished this odd little game and enjoyed it immensly (did I spell that right?). Not really sure why it is captivated me, but I am found it very hard to break away to get on with life for awhile.

There is A LOT of dialog, but you can click over it quite quickly. Actually it is kind of funny and it makes it enjoyable. I am not really sure why one gamer thought children should not play this, I find it quite enchanting, however the mini games can be difficult because you have to figure out what to do, especially with the word games...and you cannot skip them...no skip button so you have to just grin and bear it. The hint can help, but it is really slow to recharge.

A somewhat long game, but moves along smoothly, but you do have to use your head and think out of the box. A definate breath of fresh air from the dark mystery games I love to play. It is definatley a lot of HOS and seek and find stuff, but for what it is I give it a 4 out of 5. Really enjoying it and HOS fans will love it. A real good deal for $2.99 too!

What a ride! Two of the mini games were a real challenge...I made it past the pinball but had to locate a walkthrough for the mirrors...that almost did me in but thanks to the walkthrough (which I printed out), I made it to the end which turned out to be a lead-in to another sequal..... arrrrgh.

Funny, funny, crazy characters...a lot of imagination. They must have had a ball making this. Hope the next one comes out soon....AND with a walkthrough you don't have to google for AND the ability to skip the mini games you just simply CAN'T do!

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 3:34:16 PM PST

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Mushroom Age 2??

[Post New]by cherleadford on Feb 10, 13 11:53 AM
Will they develop a Mushroom Age 2/ My grand kids ask me every couple months if a new one has come out. They love this game and learn from it.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Feb 11, 13 6:10 AM
Weirdest game ever!!!

Yet I persevered, and finished. Loony zany characters, countless tasks to do, all kinds of minigames and searching for stuff, funky music and sounds and a crazy story with time travel you'll meet Leonardo Da Vinci, a caveman, ''God'', a robot, the T-Rex, Joan of Arc, ''naked'' Socrates, an alien and a talking mushroom among others - a completely ridiculous but fun game!

And some of the puzzles really make you think (as there is no skip button, you will have to solve everything. But the hint button helps a bit)

Take this game lightly, and with a sense of humour it will be easier to play

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 6:12:29 AM PST

Go to: