Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by witchingrosie on Mar 19, 16 3:51 AM
im in the chapel and it wont do anything i paid for this game if its not going to work i want a refund

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Oreocat26 on Mar 19, 16 4:08 AM
Same here, stuck in chapel. Can't use the map, hint, items, or click on anything. Only the menu and guide work. I'm on Windows 7 home premium 64, latest updates, etc. Used two credits to get this game, not happy it's not working.

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Mar 19, 16 4:33 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
riverkeeper wrote:Good for you angelfish106 but I still cannot finish game. How was the extra game?
I liked what I was able to play in the main game.

The bonus chapter was much longer than I expected it to be and pretty good. It was linked to the main game but not crucial if you just wanted the SE.

I'm so sorry you can't finish the game. I hope I didn't come across as smug because I have finished it; that wasn't my intention. I posted simply to show that not everyone is having the freezing problem; also to question whether there is actually an issue with the game at all if myself and others can play it with no problems.

I'm curious, did you use your map after you got the picture of the little girl or go into the chapel regular? I've wondered if we would have used the map if we all wouldn't be stuck.

[Post New]by Vampyrlady2264 on Mar 19, 16 4:34 AM
same like all the others, please help

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Mar 19, 16 5:23 AM
For me I can't even install the game, it says 'Run time error every time, I use Windows 8.1 and I've tried installing it via Google Chrome, and Firefox, neither works, then the Big Fish App stops working, and Windows shuts it down!!!!!

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by RickF on Mar 19, 16 7:35 AM
barelyberlee wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:
riverkeeper wrote:Good for you angelfish106 but I still cannot finish game. How was the extra game?

The bonus chapter was much longer than I expected it to be and pretty good. It was linked to the main game but not crucial if you just wanted the SE.

I'm so sorry you can't finish the game. I hope I didn't come across as smug because I have finished it; that wasn't my intention. I posted simply to show that not everyone is having the freezing problem; also to question whether there is actually an issue with the game at all if myself and others can play it with no problems.

I'm curious, did you use your map after you got the picture of the little girl or go into the chapel regular? I've wondered if we would have used the map if we all wouldn't be stuck.

bareIyberlee I used the map to jump to the chapel and it still locked up.

Moneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Moneve on Mar 19, 16 8:22 AM
I am freezing in the chapel, too! I froze the first time when I returned from the grave to go into the attic of the chapel. I updated everything on my computer, changed browser, cleaned every cache....you name it, I did it! It remained frozen in that area. The cursor moves around but that is the only thing moving. You can't get out or click on anything but the Menu. I even uninstalled and re-installed and changed the name of the player to start completely over and I am back to and frozen in the chapel again! I am using Windows 7Pro, 64 bit on a Dell PC.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 8:25:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Marzy66 on Mar 19, 16 9:07 AM
Same issue, frozen in the chapel. Windows 7 64. Not had a problem in a very long time with a BF game, including all the new games. I can bring up the guide and exit no problem, but map or anything else doesn't work.

[Post New]by kmiller469 on Mar 19, 16 9:26 AM
Same problems as reported. I'm stuck in the chapel. I can't move forward or backwards, neither the help or map works and I can't pickup anything.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. I expect a game to work when I buy it.

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Mar 19, 16 10:20 AM
I have the same problem freezing in the chapel, I can't pick anything up, go out of the chapel, nothing just stuck there. I'm on window 10. I uninstalled and rebooted but it did nothing. With this many people having the same problem, it can't be out computers, it has to be the game. Hope to have a fix soon, was really enjoying it.

[Post New]by Serenity0105 on Mar 19, 16 11:34 AM
And I am another one stuck in the chapel! I have also tried all the options given still no luck. PLEASE BF Games - sort this issue or I will also be another customer asking for a refund.
I use W7

gill007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gill007 on Mar 19, 16 12:01 PM
Frozen in chapel, same as everyone else. Why are you continuing to sell this game??

[Post New]by esmacg on Mar 19, 16 12:12 PM
Frozen in chapel too, windows 10, not impressed with BFG right now.

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Mar 19, 16 12:42 PM
I had the same issue so I tried changing my profile and it worked. I had to start the game over though but at least it worked. Hope it works for everyone else.

[Post New]by JEM1285 on Mar 19, 16 1:43 PM
angelfish106 wrote:

Wow. You say you didn't want anyone to think your first post was "smug" but then go on to say you question whether there is actually an issue? Really?

YES, there is an issue. It's a problem on multiple platforms and it either needs to be fixed to work on all platforms it is sold for or those who have the issue should be refunded their money.

Good grief.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 19, 16 1:58 PM
You can also add me to the list of those stuck in the chapel. Win7-64.
This is the second game this week that I cannot finish where I was so close to the end. I refuse to start the game over. I should have been able to play it through the first time I played it. Having to restart at the beginning takes all of the fun out of the game, since you already know what your looking for, etc.

jmt52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by jmt52 on Mar 19, 16 4:57 PM
Are there any fixes for being stuck in the chapel yet???

jwock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jwock on Mar 19, 16 5:02 PM
Same here. On an iMac. Game freezing in chapel. Is there a fix coming shortly or should we email Big fish asking for a refund?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Mar 19, 16 5:30 PM
I'm also stuck in chapel, but only after accidentally hitting the hint button...then the game froze. I wonder if it is connected, since I haven't used any hints in the game until this point. (Just installed Windows 10)

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Mar 19, 16 5:49 PM
Thank you to the person who said that they replayed and followed the guide to finish the game.

I created a new profile and followed the guide.

I was able to continue and play the main game as well as the bonus.

The sole difference was that I had previously entered the room with Martha and Sonia after putting in the lever. The guide states to put in the lever, which opens the secret room, BUT to back out of the chapel to the gravesite.

When I had initially pulled the lever, and the door opened, I went into the room, then went to the gravesite and obtained picture, and THIS is when the game froze inside the chapel.

This is a "progression" glitch.

A word of advice to the developer, if you don't want a character to enter a room first, then don't let them use something to open a door if you aren't supposed to enter.

Other than the progression glitch, it was a really nice game. Creating the second profile allowed me to play the puzzles the second time around in lieu of the hops.

Thanks.

Go to: