MNHawk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Virtual City comments and reviews

[Post New]by MNHawk on Dec 22, 09 5:43 PM
TOO MANY BUGS in the game at this point to even bother buying. NOT to mention that support wont happen via Big Fish / Big Sea games. I have run into one too many games from here that have been seriously bugged or just crap out on you before you get to finish it.

Honestly they need to stop pushing these games out so freeking fast and work on quality not quanity. Its bad enough that our cars/trucks and other needed every day items are done that way. Our games should be different so that we can have something to enjoy durring our down time due to everything else is built so cheaply it never last.

Stop building to recycle and build it to last

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Dec 22, 09 8:32 PM
I have not had a single problem, glitch or bug with this game. Runs smooth with no freezing or anything else.
Not sure why there are so many complaints. Graphics are great and if comes with a sense of humor too!

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Dec 22, 09 11:14 PM

Very interesting game.!!
The demo-hour did not get me through the whole tutorial, but it looked so interesting, fun and challenging: l just bought it.!

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Dec 23, 09 2:26 AM
I love the game, bought it with my credit this month. It's a bit different from your usual 'build' games - I like plotting routes for the trucks, dumpsters and busses.

I'm currently still in California, but I've also gotten two sandbox games running (the two open when you're in California) and I'm making a lot of profit there.

I don't like games that make it too easy for you and I thought the tutorials were okay. I never had a problem with the trade with other cities (seemed straightforward to me to send a truck to deliver and then one to pick up) or the tunnel.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

$6000 income

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 23, 09 7:41 AM
emerance wrote:I'm stuck at the level where you're limited in seed funding and then have to produce $6,000 in income. I have two malls, have both the clothing and furniture factories going, and have built up the population to 100. I can't seem to get it higher than $4,200.

Anyone have any ideas how to increase income? I've upgraded all my vehicles to 3 stars as well as every possible building.

Hi Emerance,

Concentrate on upgrading your trucks, buses, and Dumpsters. Each time they deliver goods, people, or garbage, they generate income, and with each upgrade, they earn more money. This is a sure way of making a steady income.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 23, 09 7:45 AM
b00kworm wrote:I love the game, bought it with my credit this month. It's a bit different from your usual 'build' games - I like plotting routes for the trucks, dumpsters and busses.

I'm currently still in California, but I've also gotten two sandbox games running (the two open when you're in California) and I'm making a lot of profit there.

I don't like games that make it too easy for you and I thought the tutorials were okay. I never had a problem with the trade with other cities (seemed straightforward to me to send a truck to deliver and then one to pick up) or the tunnel.

I'm with you, Bookworm, I'm loving this game. I agree with some people that the tutorial is a bit lacking...it took me a while to get used to figuring out which product icon is which and the fact that you're limited to the amount of trucks and buses and Dumpsters you can have. I'm now in the Michigan area and it's getting to be a real challenge, but it's still great fun. So far I've played nearly 20 hours and have the rest of Michigan and New York to go, so it's really worth the money. And the replay value is terrific. I hope they have a sequel with more areas and many more building types.

[Post New]by dede578 on Dec 23, 09 8:17 AM
I love this game. I just have to remember to send the different components to each factory so that it will make what I need. I'm in California now. It helps to upgrade you factories at the R&D screen when you given the chance. On some levels I found that it helps to have two Dumpsters so they can share garbage removal. One Dumpster can't pick up all the garbage fast enough.

[Post New]by meggurt on Dec 23, 09 12:52 PM
Love the game!...and it lasts a long time, many hours of play.

crea8ive
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

$6000 income

[Post New]by crea8ive on Dec 23, 09 4:09 PM
emerance wrote:I'm stuck at the level where you're limited in seed funding and then have to produce $6,000 in income. I have two malls, have both the clothing and furniture factories going, and have built up the population to 100. I can't seem to get it higher than $4,200.

Anyone have any ideas how to increase income? I've upgraded all my vehicles to 3 stars as well as every possible building.

Hint: every time someone catches the bus they pay a fare. Works in other levels too.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

$6000 income

[Post New]by emerance on Dec 23, 09 5:46 PM
Thanks for the hints - getting people to ride the bus and upgrading vehicles. But I've done both. The issue is not total amount of money - it's the income. I guess I'll just keep it running and see what happens to the income level. I have over $100,000 in total money but only $4,200 in income.

[Post New]by xxwithmyradio on Dec 23, 09 9:22 PM
for the tunnel you need to gain enough money to repair. if i remember correctly it was either 8,000 or 10,000 dollars, they vary level to level. make sure you keep your production up by upgrading trucks, buses, garbage trucks, and factories to gain more money. once you have enough, fix the tunnel and finish the level

for the trees, go to build and hit the bulldozer. it uses some money but you'll find that you're going to use it a lot in the future.

if anybody else needs help you can email me at:
xxwithmyradio@aim.com
just title it something like: virtual city help... so i know it's not spam lol.

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by NavyDood on Dec 23, 09 10:48 PM
MNHawk wrote:TOO MANY BUGS in the game at this point to even bother buying. NOT to mention that support wont happen via Big Fish / Big Sea games. I have run into one too many games from here that have been seriously bugged or just crap out on you before you get to finish it.

Honestly they need to stop pushing these games out so freeking fast and work on quality not quanity. Its bad enough that our cars/trucks and other needed every day items are done that way. Our games should be different so that we can have something to enjoy durring our down time due to everything else is built so cheaply it never last.

Stop building to recycle and build it to last

Sounds like your computer is the issue. I have run this on two different machines. One is a AMD and Nvidia machine on WinXP and the other is a Intel and ATi machine on Vista. Both run the game just fine.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Dec 24, 09 1:24 AM
tezaber wrote:
b00kworm wrote:I love the game, bought it with my credit this month. It's a bit different from your usual 'build' games - I like plotting routes for the trucks, dumpsters and busses.

I'm with you, Bookworm, I'm loving this game. I agree with some people that the tutorial is a bit lacking...it took me a while to get used to figuring out which product icon is which and the fact that you're limited to the amount of trucks and buses and Dumpsters you can have. I'm now in the Michigan area and it's getting to be a real challenge, but it's still great fun. So far I've played nearly 20 hours and have the rest of Michigan and New York to go, so it's really worth the money. And the replay value is terrific. I hope they have a sequel with more areas and many more building types.

Actually, once you upgrade your garage to the max (3 stars), you have 100 vehicles at your disposal maximum. That should be enough for all situations...

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Dec 24, 09 2:36 AM
OK - I have just had another 1 hour trial and still can't finish the tutorial.

This time I got the tunnel built in level 1.9 but the trucks sent to pick up the cosmetics never come back - they have been in never-never land for the last 15 minutes while I have accumulated over 50,000 dollars.

I have upgraded the garage and sent out 5 trucks but they never come back - what else do I have to do besides send them to the neighbouring place by clicking on the sign and the mall - they go but they never come back.

Notice this is still the tutorial stage - level one and I have no idea what I am doing and am in desperate need of a walkthrough for the tutorial.

I have never had this sort of trouble with any game before - usually completing the tuturial and getting well into the game but this one has me beat and it had some promise.

[Post New]by ExpatSooner on Dec 24, 09 7:26 AM
Hello,
Does anyone have any tips on level 4-7 it is giving me fits. You only get money from busses. With this megar income you have to rebuild 41 houses, get a population of 350, enviromental rating of 600, a happiness rating of 500 and income of 5000.
I was doing OK until part way through the level all of my houses became contaminated at the same time. Large houses cost $1000 to clean, medium cost 400 or 500 and small houses cost about 200. It is really maddening because if you put in communial bins and they overflow then you are out sometimes as much as 3000.
Please help!

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Dec 24, 09 7:28 AM
bertiepuppy wrote:OK - I have just had another 1 hour trial and still can't finish the tutorial.

This time I got the tunnel built in level 1.9 but the trucks sent to pick up the cosmetics never come back - they have been in never-never land for the last 15 minutes while I have accumulated over 50,000 dollars.

I have upgraded the garage and sent out 5 trucks but they never come back - what else do I have to do besides send them to the neighbouring place by clicking on the sign and the mall - they go but they never come back.

Notice this is still the tutorial stage - level one and I have no idea what I am doing and am in desperate need of a walkthrough for the tutorial.

I have never had this sort of trouble with any game before - usually completing the tuturial and getting well into the game but this one has me beat and it had some promise.

Remember: there has to be an EXCHANGE of goods. I think that's the level where the pies are made. You have to send a truck to deliver pies and then the truck with the cosmetics will load up and come back to the shopping mall.

[Post New]by lxbear on Dec 24, 09 7:32 AM
Taltam1 wrote:
bertiepuppy wrote:OK - I have just had another 1 hour trial and still can't finish the tutorial.

Remember: there has to be an EXCHANGE of goods. I think that's the level where the pies are made. You have to send a truck to deliver pies and then the truck with the cosmetics will load up and come back to the shopping mall.

For that level its magazines but yes an exchange is usually required to get something from the other city

ilove2sew
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ilove2sew on Dec 24, 09 9:16 AM
I love this game.

It is a breath of fresh air in among all the HOG and IHOG, which I do understand a lot of folks here like, however for those of us who like a different type of game this one fits the bill perfectly.

The tutorial could have been more helpful yes, but for me a lot of the fun was reading between the lines. They don't explain in there how to cancel a trucks route and re-direct it on another route, but just pushing a few button allows you to figure it out.

I prefer to be able to experiment and not having my hand held from one point to another. Especially when we are talking about games that adults play. Perhaps we've become spoiled by having everything explained to us and when we need to work something out for ourselves we become a bit annoyed?

Working our brains is good for them and helps prevent the onset of Alzheimer in later life, at least so I've been told. I try to do a variety of tasks each day towards this end as I lost my father to this and it was quite distressing seeing him in his later days. I don't want my children seeing me there.

As for having tech problems - there is a new update of Java out and a new download of Adobe Flash out that I had to upload to play games at an on-line site, maybe that would help someone else?

Personally I could not have asked for a better from

To all the fishies in the pond I wish you a very Merry Christmas - Happy Holiday and Joyous Season.

I'm going back to playing VC now with a fresh cup of

Happy Gaming to All

Ila in Maine

[Post New]by Footflat on Dec 24, 09 2:49 PM
[b] First off my hat is off to the programers, one Great game, this one will be a classic! I hope they come out with an update with more states, am really enjoying this one!!

Now my question I am in Michigan on level 4-4 Tangled Web. I have ran out of Wood and Oil, and can not see a way to get more to finesh the level? Can anyone help on this one?? Used all the other towns had on another product lol

Foot

Found my own answer and moved on.

Edited on 12/25/2009 at 5:07:49 AM PST

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 24, 09 6:54 PM
b00kworm wrote:
tezaber wrote:

Actually, once you upgrade your garage to the max (3 stars), you have 100 vehicles at your disposal maximum. That should be enough for all situations...

Really? I can't see to get that many vehicles. It keeps telling me "garage is full" and I'm always stuck needing a few more vehicles, so I end up swapping trade routes or selling off one kind of vehicle for another.

Go to: