Ziro

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Ziro

[Post New]by dbe97 on Jan 16, 10 2:02 PM
if you play the harder levels of quest they do have a clock and if you dont complete a level in an area....they some times have 3 or 4 levels in an area....it takes you back to the map and you have to start that area again.....but....if you realize you wont complete it just restart level before the clock runs out and you only start that level again....not back to map. ive only completed 54 games in skill level before ive lost all my lives. im stuck at mo on a level in quest called strange ways. i am loving this game....it keeps me out of trouble lol

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 18, 10 3:44 AM
I'm stuck in Exit The Cell, if anyone has any tips for that one.

edit: Never mind, I went back and completed it, albeit a long way round.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 5:17:29 AM PST

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 18, 10 11:07 AM
Strange Ways - use left clear block to get 3 out. Move left striped block to centre, move 3 up, move bottom striped block left. Jojn 3 and 7, move the 4 that is created up and left next to unmovable striped block. Move right striped block down, and the rest should be easy.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 22, 10 10:37 PM
turkey,turkey,turkey! Cursor is slow and floaty,directions are lousy. when you click on something it takes forever to respond, yada yada yada and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!! Any questions? ...........................I didn't think so. Gotta go and unload this turkey.
Dr. goodhttp://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/0/

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 23, 10 2:49 AM
I guess that's a thumbs down from doctorgood. I'm glad I don't have the same problems with the game on my computer or I might have given up too, though I have to concede that the games implementation and presentation could have been much better. However, if you like this type of puzzle game, and concentrate on that side of it and ignore the rest, there's a great game underneath. It slowly builds in difficulty and even in later levels there's some easier puzzles to keep you going.

Unfortunately, the company who produced the game seem to have given up on it. They created a forum that doesn't work properly, and haven't replied to my last 3 emails to support, so it's up to users who bought it, unless I am the only one, to overcome problems between us.

And on that note, can anyone help with level Flitter 128 ?

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 24, 10 6:03 AM
Good day to all of you..

... that play game Ziro. Thank you for time and questions.

I will introduce myself:.
My name is Darije. I am the level designer for puzzle game "Ziro".

I am very glad that you have started a Ziro topic on BFG forum.

Also, I am very glad that you gave me very big and profund feedback about quality of the game.

Since I am here to help you about puzzles, for the the techincal issues I cannot be much of a help, at least, I cannot be fast with replays and answers, as for solutions.

I gave a look to previos replays on this .. Ziro forum, and I suggest for me simplest solution.

Since I am here to discuss and help, and I just arrived on forum, I am hoping that is not much trouble for you, to ask all you need - using new posts.

I am sorry that I didn't come earlier, but I hope that I can help, still.

About forum on site [url removed by Moderator]...

Today the web master will work on issue that makes forum in curretnt state non usable. There is a problem with visibility of posts.

For now lets use BFG forum, but with bit of luck we will soon pass to our forum.

I am aware of problems that this game might have on diffrent computers and again, I cannot solve all your problmes, but I will do as much as I can.

So, please lets concentrate on puzzles and soultions, and later on I will give you more info, as the discussion evolves.

Intoduction is over.

Yes, level DEVIDED was impossible to solve until patch was realsed.
Level LOST SHEEP can be solved without patch.
Level STANGE WAYS can be solved without patch.
Level CORNERED can be solved without patch.

For all of you who buyed game, and still didnt patched it, please do it, because you cannot pass DIVIDED without patch. Patch is free of charge.

Even demo version needs to be patched, if you make to get to level DEVIDED.

About solutions

I am not here to solve for you a puzzle (well not always), but I can help with suggestions of any kind. You can choose the way:

1. using textual step-by-step explanation
2. Making a short movie so you can see yourself the general idea.

Second option will be avaialble as soon as our forum is up. I dont think that I can put any attchment on this forum.

On youtube there are solutions of first 20 levels. Since the game lucks real tutorial, I invite you to go to youtube and search for some answers there.

Ok, that it for now folks and thank you again.
Cya.

Darije

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 1:20:01 PM PST

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 25, 10 6:09 AM
Hi Darije, welcome and thanks for posting.

Hints for level Flitter 128 would be great.

Is there any way I can save my progress and move it to a different installation of Ziro? I don't want to lose my progress in the game when I reinstall on a Windows 7 computer. I have asked support twice but haven't received a reply. I also asked in the forum, but as that isn't working, I won't get a reply there either.

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 25, 10 10:50 AM
Hi, banditrider

About technical matters

The game itself store profiles, out of game folder, where is installed. Even if you uninstall the game, profiles are kept in registry of operating system.

If you install more then 1 copy of Ziro (i.e. in diffrent folders) profiles made within both instalations will be available in both versions of the game.

So, knownig that, I am affraid that change of operating system will cancel all of yoor progress unless you can keep files from registry and put them in registry of new OS.

I will let you know more about this if I get more info in a day or two. If not, thats it.

About level solving, like I said I can give hints.

Flitter 128

This level needs to be planned from the begining in order to be solved.

- 3 8's at the bottom just stay there. You neeed to bring 4th 8 down.
- From central section of the level (3 2's & 3 1's) you move 5 blocks to upper part of the level. Only remainig dice can be 1 or 2 but in my solution I prefer dice number 2.
- On left side you have 2 7's and they can be matched with help of 1 block - thats easy part.
- On right side you need to add 1 to the 7 on the bottom of that part and bring up to the confined 8.
- To do that you need to "sacrifice" 1 block, for a short period of time, That block needs to be held by magnet. You can free that block later on, using adding.
- Last advice - keep matching of blocks (i.e. 7 with 7) to the very last moment. You need all support points that are not magnets.

Darije

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 26, 10 4:58 AM
Hi Darije,

I found where the game progress was saved. I'd been looking in the registry but the profile is saved in the documents folder.

I managed to complete Flitter 128 but in a slightly different way to yourself. I brought all blocks out of the middle instead of leaving one there. I'd had the right idea but couldn't see the wood for the trees.

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dbe97 on Jan 26, 10 4:17 PM
hi djrije
you say i need to sacrifice a block in fillter128 but u dont say a 1 or a 2 or which magnet etc.ive been looking at this level for a day or so and i cant get the moves i have out my head so plz enlighten me a little more.
many thanks

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 26, 10 4:21 PM
banditrider wrote:Hi Darije,

I found where the game progress was saved. I'd been looking in the registry but the profile is saved in the documents folder.

I am glad that you have find that out. Anyway.. let me know how transfer from OS to another OS went.

banditrider wrote:
I managed to complete Flitter 128 but in a slightly different way to yourself. I brought all blocks out of the middle instead of leaving one there. I'd had the right idea but couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Well done, keep up the good work!

I use this post to invite everyone that might follow this forum to vote for hardest level.

I know that still there is no one that have completed the game, but still I'd like to hear from you what you think.

Also, I'd like to know which level you find fun and well designed.

Looking foward for your replys.

Cya

Darije

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 26, 10 4:36 PM
dbe97 wrote:hi djrije
you say i need to sacrifice a block in fillter128 but u dont say a 1 or a 2 or which magnet etc.ive been looking at this level for a day or so and i cant get the moves i have out my head so plz enlighten me a little more.
many thanks

Plain answer is:

Block number 2. on most right magnet (the one that holds block number 7).

The role of 2 is to make support point for others blocks to get to the bottom of that section and to make for block number 1 to get to the that confined block number 7.

W
W
W          2 <- there
W          M
W          7
W
WWWWWWW

W- walls
M - Magnet
2- Block number 2
7- Block number 7 (that is already blocked)

I hope that I helped.

Let me know if you need more tips, for that level or any other.

Darije

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 27, 10 12:03 AM
Hi Darije,

Transferring from Vista to Windows 7 turned out to be easy. There are 4 files in c:\users\your user name\documents\my games\ziro which can be saved and transferred to the new installation. Simple as that.

There are too many levels to pick a favourite, but one I like is "Take Your Time", just because of the one move that, without it, the level is impossible.

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 27, 10 2:36 AM
@banditrider

Thanks for the info about transition of save positions form system to system.

.. and thanks for your pick of a level.

---------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, now is a good moment to clear out something about game structure.

Game has in all 315 levels.

Levels cannot be skiped (well maybe can be done with future path but for now - nada)

All levels are devided in 15 groups, each holds 20 levels. (every group has 5 cities, each holding 4 levels, 4x5=20)

That makes 300 levels, but where are other 15?

After finishing group of 20 levels, you need to play one of 2 so called "teleport" levels. They are not makred in a special way, so people who play the game might not see them as diffrent thing.

First group of levels has fixed order within the group.

Other groups has random order, each time you start a Quest mode.

Starting point does not change the orders of group.

"Teleport" levels are not available in practice mode nor skill mode.

I think that this will clear any doubts on how game introduce a new level to a player.

Darije

P.S. dbe97 you have solved Flitter128?

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 27, 10 7:13 AM
darije wrote:
First group of levels has fixed order within the group.

Other groups has random order, each time you start a Quest mode.

That explains why there are extremely easy levels mixed with more difficult ones in later stages

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 9:49:34 AM PST

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 27, 10 4:43 PM
Yes, thats explains the thing.

Let me know if you have any more questions...

Darije

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dbe97 on Jan 28, 10 7:37 AM
hiya darije
no i havnt solved it yet but only had 2 goes at it. did what u said with the number 2 so now i am hoping its just a case of working out what goes with what. will let you know if it drives me insane......so far...for me....this has been the hardest 1....the most fun..??? not sure ive played so many and ....once complited them....found them all fun
many thanks
dbe

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 28, 10 10:40 AM
I'm stuck on "A Circle" I'm probably missing something simple but I can't get to the 6 in the box

darije
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by darije on Jan 28, 10 2:08 PM
banditrider wrote:I'm stuck on "A Circle" I'm probably missing something simple but I can't get to the 6 in the box

Well,what to say... its not easy to solve this one if you think about belt conveyers. I mean . its impossible!

Not a single conveyer is moved during my solution.

So, you need to find the way to skip their activation.

Some tips:

- Block n4 on up-right part of the level (above block n6) goes left and stuck on magnet. Very important move!

- Block n4 on most left of the level needs to join to bottom block n4 (can be done ) and using upper block that is held by magnet to free from its corner block n4 form bottom-right part of the level.

- To get block n6 form outside to inside section you need all 3 blocks n4. Only then you can match two pairs of 4, not before

I tried to be of help, but not to solve the level for you. Let me know how i did

Darije

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 28, 10 4:30 PM
It's bedtime for me Darije, but I don't want to have to complete the last three levels again as they were very hard. This is what is frustrating about this game. I need to leave my computer on all night so I can carry on tomorrow.

Go to: