The Mirror Mysteries

phlsteen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:The Mirror Mysteries

[Post New]by phlsteen on Dec 24, 09 2:23 PM
Good concept, good graphics, but I'll have to pass - way way too short.

I was well into Chapter 4 at the end of the demo.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 24, 09 2:31 PM
I can't say much more than what has been, so I will say little.

* Great game with wonderful graphics.
*Very different approach to **** finding and Interaction.
* Love the fact that you'e told when a scene is completed or when you need to leave a scene and come back.
* When there is interaction, you're given a location of where to perform it, great addtion to this type of game.
* Good storyline and the storyline matches what you're doing in each scene.

Without doubt, this game gets my approval and my purchase. Off to buy now so that I can finish the story.

Happy Holiday to All and

a Wonnderful New Year!!

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Dec 24, 09 2:52 PM
HELP..........MIRROR5..cant.ind.rock.that.is.in.bottom.corner.hint.and.walkthrough.show.it.there.but.I.cant.get.it.Sorry.spacebar.&...key.out

Edited on 12/24/2009 at 2:53:36 PM PST

[Post New]by Prunella205 on Dec 24, 09 3:42 PM
Too short for me as well. Got about 1/2 way through Level 4 in the demo without using any hints.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Dec 24, 09 5:19 PM
I really enjoyed the demo on this game. Although it is a hidden objects one, it is not a junk pile type... and all of the items in the scenes actually make sense to the whole game and are not just put there to fill in space. I enjoyed that the difficulty of the game came from having to really look carefully for some things... like those darned bolts and screws! LOL It took me awhile and I did have to use a couple of hints, but I am still very satisfied with this game and will be buying it... in a minute.

I have to say that, for me, this has been quite a month with Big Fish. Such good games have come out that I am up to something like 15 new games in my collection this month alone. Some will take me a long time to finish... like Dire Grove and the Sherlock Holmes games... but that is mostly because I can only play these games for short stints before I want to play something more upbeat. LOL

So Merry Christmas one and All! And thanks Big Fish for a great month!!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Dec 24, 09 6:29 PM
I did it. I can't resist. I love the game even though it's on the short side. Like others mentioned, it reminds me of Mortimer Becket a lot. Very good IHOG. Graphics are gorgeous, the music is not a problem, didn't even turned it down as I usually do. I like the concept, the storyline, and the talking mirror has such a handsome voice! Some would say it's another super woman character saving the day but what can we do? I finally accepted the fact that it's the motto of most of game developpers these days. It's ok with me. Thanks Gogii and .

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all of you!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 24, 09 6:47 PM
I'm playing the trial of this one and, so far, I like it very much. The acting is supurb and the graphics are great. It reminds me of both the Mortimer Becket and Magic Encyclopedia games but it seems to be easier to play. It, also, appears to have plenty of help within the game so I found no need to resort to a walk-through. I think I like it a little more than, especially, the Mortimer Beckett And The Time Paradox as that one still has me stumped. So far, I haven't been able to finish it even with a walk-through! This one will go on my "to buy" list. 1/2

graciethecat
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by graciethecat on Dec 24, 09 7:58 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone, I dont post alot but I sure do check you all out for info on games. THANKS!! I love this site.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Dec 24, 09 9:08 PM
Yes to this one!

Pros:
*Wonderful graphics
*Good voice actors, and fortunately not too much talking
*Plentiful hints if you want them
*Charming stories - finally something fresh in the story line.
*Creative gameplay.
*Mechanics are well done
*I like the navigation -"you are done here but I will not tell you where you need to go next"

Cons:
*Going to be short. I just started the 4rh mirror when the demo ran out.
*No option to turn off the handholding - would be nice to have an easy and a hard mode

For those who have complained that it is just find and place - it is not. In many cases you have to work three or four of the rooms at once to get everything you need.

Not a difficult game, but very engaging and fun. I found my 6th game for December

/

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Dec 24, 09 10:08 PM
I just finished the demo, and this one is definitely going on my Jan. list. A refreshing change of pace, beautiful graphics, and it's fun to find stuff and then go here and there to get it all in place.

A fun, relaxing game.

tuezdaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by tuezdaye on Dec 24, 09 10:15 PM
I just plain loved this game.

I didn't think it was too short for $6.99. I only wish it was longer because it IS such fun. Absolutely beautiful graphics and very unusual, creative story line.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 25, 09 9:49 AM
I hear so much about Mortimer Beckett games but all I've seen at BF is the enchanted castle. where are the other games? How many are there?

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Dec 25, 09 10:06 AM
Really enjoyed the game............but it was too short! Just got into it, and the ending appeared. Anyway, other then that, it was a great game. Beautiful graphics, hidden objects difficult enough to give a challange, but not so bad you felt frustrated. Puzzles not too bad, either. I really enjoy the interactive hidden object games, so much more satisfying then just looking for stuff and going on to the next scene. That eventually gets boreing. I used a credit, so didn't feel as if my money was wasted, but even if I had paid for the game it would have been worth it.

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by garhawk on Dec 25, 09 11:54 AM
I brought this game after my 60 minutes and I've enjoyed playing it. As anybody else noticed the typographical and grammar errors in this game? I would have thought they caught that in the beta testing phase. Typos aside, I do love this game. Happy Holidays to all!

Edited on 12/25/2009 at 11:55:16 AM PST

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Dec 25, 09 1:28 PM
I enjoyed this game, thought it was a pretty creative hidden object theme. Way, way too short, though!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Dec 25, 09 2:31 PM
This game is fantastic, I really like the style of it.

However I would not buy it because it is just too short for me.

Why are games so short lately.

I remember as a kid you could play a game for weeks trying to complete it, but now within a few hours you are done.

Guess I am just getting old.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Dec 25, 09 3:44 PM
Love this game! I only got to the 2nd mirror in my trial but I do like to take my time and enjoy good graphics.... maybe everyone who found this game too short should too? I like untimed games as you can relax and not have to rush through everything. I'm off to buy this one. Thanks BF and merry xmas to all you fishies out there! p.s. They really should have spellchecked this game.

lvmurfee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lvmurfee on Dec 25, 09 5:38 PM
I loved this game. I loved everything about it. The story line is great, the graphics and music are good. Only problem....way too short!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Dec 25, 09 6:24 PM
What a lovely game! It reminded me of Mortimer Becket indeed. I saw the same comment from other fishies. Not a bad thing at all, in the contrary. Everything was just right, gorgeous graphics, lovely story, the dialogue between the mirror and the mom were intelligent and short as well as the interaction between the other characters and her. Some objects were hard to find; I had to use a hint here and there. I skipped one puzzle, can't figure it out. Very entertaining game. Too short though. You want more when you enjoy yourself. Also, it really helped me calm down and dream. I hope there will be a sequel. I don't regret this purchase a bit.
Thank you Gogii, The Easy Co., and . It was a

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Dec 25, 09 6:31 PM
I have to say that I am really a little disappointed, this is ANOTHER game full of typos. How hard is it to proofread a game? Isn't there some process by which errors are corrected, grammar and spelling are checked, and other problems are ironed out before public release?

I read a comment on one of these forums a couple of weeks ago, from someone who said the game was "like vocabulary 101" and then went on to cite examples that were just plain, ordinary, everyday words, (emphatically and accoutrement) and I thought how sad that was. Now I see that at this rate, we will have a generation who spend their "reading" time playing games, and will not ever learn spelling, context or grammar at this rate.

Big Fish, you need to demand that games have been checked for spelling and grammar by people who speak English as a first language...perhaps you could hire an out of work English major to check all the games before release. In fact, I think all the games should be checked for errors before sales begin...that is part of the publisher's responsibility.

Go to: