Re:Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains comments and reviews

[Post New]by Claire2173 on Jan 1, 10 12:57 PM
This was a great game but it very easy and just wasnt long enough. I started it then all of a sudden it was the end and i thought is that it. Didnt need a walkthrough at all as they had so many bones for you to get hints with it just wasnt challenging. Pity it didnt go for longer

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 1, 10 6:24 PM
Creative and fun. I do not like TM games but this was more adventure than TM. However, game was quite short. Still - for $6.99 it was worth it.

[Post New]by GewoonLies on Jan 2, 10 1:14 PM
I really liked playing this game, but I didn't know if I wanted to buy it or not. I don't know to witch chapter I came in the trial, but reading the reviews here about only the hotel and short gameplay, I'm afraid that if I buy the game I will be finished in half an hour, and that's not what I think worth my money.

So good game, but too short for me.

Kool2Kiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Kool2Kiss on Jan 3, 10 6:41 PM
Great game, but waaaaay to short...I bought it today and finished it today, maybe played a total of 4 hours. Too short for me, I found it a waste of a game credit.

jhlipton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jhlipton on Jan 10, 10 10:59 AM
My characters got stuck in the hotel while the scene showed the shed, and NOTHING, including restarting the game, brought them back so I could move on.

Will not buy.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 10, 10 4:12 PM
Just finished, what a great game. Had lots of fun with this, it lasted several hours for me. Wish more games were as fun as this one.

[Post New]by Smile4Katie on Jan 12, 10 2:52 PM
I liked this one even though it was a bit fast to play, the idea behind it is wonderful and I hope to see more of theses little adventures.

My advice to the designers would be to pack it more especially with more difficult puzzles and make it harder to obtain hints from the dog. I also think that more characters at one time may be very interesting.

Overall glad I bought it I liked playing and so do my teens

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Mar 8, 10 12:43 PM
I enjoyed this game. It's not the longest game in the world but it took me somewhere between 2 1/2 and 3 hours to finish it.

I would have liked some sort of score at the end. Something that told me whether or not I had collected all the butterflies, bones, etc. that are available. I'm competitive so I like to see where I stand against others.

I also thought many of the puzzles were quite simple. I would have liked an Expert or Challenge mode where the puzzles were harder, there were less hints available and your characters needed more attention in order for them to perform.

Still, it's a great way to while away a few hours. There's no violence so it's safe for kids. And those easy puzzles actually help if you want your kids to play it.

A good solid fun game, IMO.

[Post New]by tunaluna206 on Apr 7, 10 10:04 AM
MAN I LOVE THIS GAME!!! i beat this game 6 times already!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 7, 10 5:37 PM
This game was pretty fun BUT I finished the entire thing in approximately an hour (give or take) so I was pretty shocked when I realized that it had ended. There were some items to collect (butterflies, lanterns, maybe more) but then they ended up leading to nowhere. It seemed to me that I had finished getting all of them but then...nothing.
I don't remember how many credits it cost me but I sincerely hope not a lot because even though it's alright, it was just
TOO
TOO
TOO SHORT.

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 5:39:00 PM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 10, 10 5:47 AM
Another nice game, finally was able to do the trial. It had problems with my old screen, being jumpy on all frequencies.

Most riddles easy to figure out, and there are lot of bones lying around which are replenishing your hints. Liked the fact that both characters have to work together to achieve the quests.

However, I will not buy this game, for one simple reason: I have a 22'' flatscreen now and it does not scale to widescreen, meaning the left and right parts are chopped off. I cannot see the menu button on the right side and the quest text to the left side. And I surely don't want to play the game in teensy tiny windowed mode.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 19, 10 3:58 PM
Really cute and fun game. The demo hour flew by! I won't be buying it though as it seems like I've probably nearly finished the game in the demo time (I could be wrong but it certainly seems that way). Game is very simple - every item you need (even bonus items) have name when you mouse over them so there is no searching really for anything. Bones are aplenty too and you can get a hint (which is a very telling hint) by clicking the dog bone. Three times the dog offered up a solution when I wasn't even trying to get a hint. Kind of annoying. Game is super fun but the simplicity of it takes away from it somehow. If the mouse overs weren't there and the dog only gave vague hints AND bones were a lot harder to come by, I think I would have enjoyed this game even more. The puzzles are quite simple too. I picture this being perfect for an 11 or 12 year old.

[Post New]by lorishere1 on Oct 26, 10 6:23 AM
I agree. WAY too short. Another game that hooks you with the first hour of the trial period. I hate when i buy a game an then can finish it in less than a day, and that with stopping to do housework. This was a fun game but it could have been longer and with a lot more to explore an do. Not a good buy.

Go to: