KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:5 time trying to play and once again- problem

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Apr 24, 16 11:06 AM
Started a new game got to second level and finished that level. Usually after you get all the red squares it will prompt you asking if you want to finish the level or go on with it to get the extras. This time didn't do that. I am done with this game. Sick of the bugs, glitches etc. Please don't point me to updating this and that. I am up to date and am sick to death of no one at big fish fixing problems. I have been a member for a long time. i can't remember the last time I had so many problems. What gives????? Don't you test this *&^%! Before you release it?
KD pissed off.

maxforme
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by maxforme on Apr 27, 16 12:53 AM
I can't create a new player.
I click on create but I can't type anything into the name field even if I delete the first player. When I do delete the player I can't get out of the Add player box and had to shut down the game from Task Manager.
I am using a brand new desktop pc running Windows 10. I hate changing computers anyway but reloading all the games is a nuisance without having silly things go wrong as well.
Please tell me how to start with a new player.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 27, 16 6:53 AM
@maxforme: I use Win 7 and didn't have that problem but did you try pressing the Backspace button on your keyboard to see if the cursor will appear in the text box when you're trying to create the new player? Sometimes that works. Most games won't let you delete the only player profile in the list because that will mess up the saved gaves file and possibly corrupt the rest of the game because it wants to find the saved games file first...when I first installed the game it gave me some kind of popup error message probably because of that, but fortunately I got it to work...

xanamia
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by xanamia on Apr 27, 16 7:10 AM
I received an answer to my Help request on the 22nd of April with just this : "Take our Customer Service Survey and tell us about your Customer Support experience."
Is this the best you can do?
I've been buying games from BFG since 2005. In fact I bought your first HOG - MCF Prime Suspects in 04/06/06... Aren't I a loyal customer? Shouldn't I get a better answer?
Oh, well... It's a shame, that's all I have to say.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
506 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 28, 16 11:25 AM
Blue screen after exiting and then re-entering on level 90. *sigh*

cabanaeast18
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Apr 28, 16 12:36 PM
Had to shut down computer when this game came out. I had hoped the devs got the bugs out, but oh, was I wrong! I have windows xp, but I play almost all games without any problems
To bad. I have Runefall and was really looking forward to this game.

DonET
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by DonET on Apr 30, 16 5:18 AM
Windows 10 here. Game was freezing screen but Troubleshooting Compatibility took care of that problem and says running in Windows 8 mode. Now I can't seem to unlock any of the treasure chests. Otherwise, game runs fine. Thanks, Don

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 30, 16 2:08 PM
DonET wrote:Windows 10 here. Game was freezing screen but Troubleshooting Compatibility took care of that problem and says running in Windows 8 mode. Now I can't seem to unlock any of the treasure chests. Otherwise, game runs fine. Thanks, Don

Hi Don, thanks for mentioning checking out the compatibility mode settings. I don't have Win 10 but those who do will likely appreciate your post! Have you tried putting the game into windowed mode to see if you can open the treasure chests that way? Seems to be a display issue and some have reported that using windowed mode works.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 2, 16 9:36 AM
I triggered this weird glitch of saving a level midway through and then when I returned to it, there was no level, just a blue screen. Since at least one other player has reported this, here's what I did to get past that. Pick another level somewhere in the map. The game will ask if you want to sacrifice a life and abandon progress on the other level; choose "yes". When the next level you've picked loads, check the upper right corner where your lives are. If it has a timer counting down on it, click the plus sign immediately to the right and use a phoenix feather to replenish all your lives. Then finish playing the level. You can then go back and replay the level where it had the blue screen before.

DonET
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by DonET on May 7, 16 3:11 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
DonET wrote:Windows 10 here. Game was freezing screen but Troubleshooting Compatibility took care of that problem and says running in Windows 8 mode. Now I can't seem to unlock any of the treasure chests. Otherwise, game runs fine. Thanks, Don

Hi Don, thanks for mentioning checking out the compatibility mode settings. I don't have Win 10 but those who do will likely appreciate your post! Have you tried putting the game into windowed mode to see if you can open the treasure chests that way? Seems to be a display issue and some have reported that using windowed mode works.

Thanks, that did the trick. Here's how to do that in Windows 10:
1. right click shortcut on desktop, choose Properties
2. on Shortcut tab look for Run: and choose Minimize. you must have administrative permission to do this.

**NEW** Well, that worked two times and the pop up for the treasure chests have disappeared again. Back to the drawing board

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 4:40:40 PM PST

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Issue with Puzzle 156

[Post New]by emerance on May 8, 16 1:24 PM
I had skipped this one and came back to get the badge. But now when I solved it, the window pops up with the check marks and badge, but the green check mark I click on to continue doesn't work. I click on it, and it fades a little but comes right back. The only way to get out is to use the task manager to close the game. Then when i go back to the game, same problem. No matter what, if I solve it in the right number of steps, it won't let me go back to the map, so it never gives me the badge.

I cannot get the badge on this level because of this. I know it's minor, but it's annoying.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 8, 16 6:09 PM
@emerance: I had that happen on level 199 in my first profile when I'd finished the whole game and tried to go back and get the last badge I was missing. Seems if you finish level 200 the game will freeze if you try to badge levels you missed earlier. I've posted elsewhere that if you're a game completist to make sure you have 199 badges before you play level 200 to avoid this glitch.

[Post New]by mewsic2 on May 9, 16 3:53 PM
Started up game today and all I get is a ship floating in the water, with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. Can't move around or open anything. Tried rebooting computer, closing and restarting game, nothing! Am on level 125, and don't want to have to reinstall game! Help!!

[Post New]by pack68 on May 10, 16 5:14 PM
Have Silver Tale, loved the game, started flickering then froze and when try to start gives me a black screen, have to turn computer off to get out. Running Windows 10 completely up to date.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on May 11, 16 2:38 PM
Flickering screen and then blue screen for level 90. Will this be fixed? I really like the game and want to continue.

Level 90 white circle/gem won't go to gate, and new update not available.

[Post New]by torysemo on May 22, 16 1:48 PM
Played this game with win 8 and then continued with recent win10 upgrade, always in minimized format. No problems until level 90. In the screen that takes a rope bridge to get to, has a resource shed in the bottom left and a "transporter gate" in the bottom right, I can only get 3 gems in the gate. The 4th one is stuck in the screen with a treasure chest in the upper left, a "transporter gate" in the upper right, tree in bottom left and rocks and sea coast in bottom right. I've got the gem all the way at the bottom of the screen, I've exploded 3 kinds of bombs on top of it ("match 3" gold and black ones and a purchased bomb) several times to no avail. Also, there's a dime-sized white circle that has appeared dead center of that screen that shows up nowhere else. Also, whenever I do explode bombs on top of the "4th gem" the screen freezes and I have to use task manager to get out of the game. All else is completed up to this point (red squares, treasure chests, etc.)

Also, I tried to do the suggested update and followed the directions, but my list of updates to be done manually doesn't include anything on Silver Tale.

I reported to tech support and I too got a game coupon. That's nice and I'll probably use it, but I'd like this game to get fixed. Thanks for any ideas.

UPDATE: I finally gave up and took my lumps by redoing that level and losing a life. (First time.) This time the game was clear all the way through all the screens with no glitches. ??? Go figure. At least I'm finally out of level 90. We'll see if there are any other glitches along the way.

Edited on 05/22/2016 at 2:31:50 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,889 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 22, 16 6:03 PM
Don't know why it was suggested to do the manual update in the GM as that doesn't work for this game nor another one that was patched earlier in the year. For the other game the way to get the update was to uninstall and reinstall the game. I finished three times already so it doesn't matter to me but others might want to just reinstall the game to see if the updated version helps with any tech issues.

[Post New]by mickeyten on May 29, 16 5:15 AM
Level 90
After resuming play I see a screen with no images or any game features other than the sides. i tried to replay the level however the situation remained the same no puzzle squares.

Edited on 05/29/2016 at 5:18:45 AM PST

[Post New]by KITABELIA on Jun 1, 16 5:38 PM
I'm having a problem exactly the same as another Fish on here. Reached Level 90 have a white patch in the middle and cannot get the last one of the "cave circle lights" to enable me to go through the last cave.......Tried all different ways bomb exploding etc etc but nothing works, so now having come all this way I'm stuck!!! So Big Fish why don't you have a word with the developers as there's obviously something very wrong with this game! Very frustrating and dissapointing to have come this far in a game for it to go wrong! I'm running Windows 10 and have all the updates. Something very wrong with your games just lately as this is the 2nd one I've had go wrong in 2 weeks.

[Post New]by _TheBagLady on Jun 2, 16 7:24 PM
kgustavson wrote:Blue screen after exiting and then re-entering on level 90. *sigh*

Same issue for me on level 124. Blue screen for game and white boxes where the five spots for match sequence. Did you find any solutions?

Go to: