littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by littletanpom on Jan 1, 10 8:31 AM
A positive review. I like this game. I grant you that some of the objects are very hard to see, however the hint system has a very fast refresh rate. I had no problem downloading or running the game. My first hour was so good that I had to use a credit to get the game. The story like is interesting and the puzzles are different. Give it a chance - you might just find you are enjoying playing this game.

Waiting for the walkthough.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jan 1, 10 8:47 AM
marypenn wrote:
jinocchio49 wrote:
Miniatures1 wrote:cannot find a game named anka!

Hi miniatures, I sent you a PM to let you know where you can find Anka, I know you will enjoy the game.

Jin
Will you let me know too?
Thanks

Hi marypenn, I sent you a PM about the game.
Best wishes, jin

[Post New]by Jodybell57 on Jan 1, 10 8:59 AM
I tried the game but it was choppy and the items are too hard to see. For me they seem to be blurred and some of the scenes are too dark. Even when the hint showed me where they were I couldn't see them. I gave it up, took too much time.

[Post New]by tinapl on Jan 1, 10 9:10 AM
Has anyone figured out how to get the keychain from the pool?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 1, 10 9:20 AM
Are they kidding or what? I had to use a magnifying glass and even then I had a really hard time finding items. I believe as time goes on the developers think making the H/o smaller and harder to find that will make us players happier to play their games, NOT!!! I really wish BF would put a game I want to play alittle more often. I'm not meaning, just me LOL, I mean games we all enjoy. I'm sure allot of players enjoy this game but really,if we must play H/O games, please make them playable.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jan 1, 10 9:31 AM
Not for me. Objects are too small, too dark, and very frustrating.

[Post New]by ILoveLucyRicardo on Jan 1, 10 9:49 AM
I really really wanted to like this game.

On a positive note...I like the fact that you can choose your language and the way that you can pick the brightness of the game. I also liked the mini games; although, the instructions were not always clear to me I could eventually figure out what to do.

Now for the negative aspect of this game (from my point of view)...I just could not find some items...like the screw and the antlers...even after using a hint. Usually, after using a hint, I have an Aha moment where I know I should have seen the object...but not with this game...even with the hints I had to do so much clicking just in the hopes of maybe hitting on the object I was looking for.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jan 1, 10 9:54 AM
for too many reasons to spend time typing them in. I have the first one, and at least it had some nice graphics. I had hoped they would improve after the first one, but instead they've taken a step back. Too bad.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Jan 1, 10 9:59 AM
Just finished playing the hour demo. Shoot, and I was really getting into the game. I'll agree with the comments about some of the items being really really hard to get. Even with the hint circling the area I had some difficulty, but was able to get the item in the end. Being able to up the brightness in some scenes was a plus.

The mini puzzles so far have been quite delightful...some along not so common grounds and they did use some brain cells. The music is ok and you can turn it off if you are one of those that dislikes it. Collecting all those gems adds to the game....its like getting two tries at the same scene. I wonder how many of the little blighters there are?????

I'm thinking I'd really like to by this one.....not that I'm already broke with all the other games I've puchased this past few months....but I earned an extra credit from the 6 this December so what the heck. I REALLY must stop being this indulgent!!

So it's a buy for me....thanks for saving me from work, yet again!!

Here's hoping all you fishes have the best New Year...welcome to 2010.... WOW space odesy here we go!!

[Post New]by juttawalker on Jan 1, 10 10:18 AM
Harriju wrote:Slow and choppy for me too and I don't usually have problems either.
[

hi Harriju,have the same problems,items werry tiny. happy new year to everybody.jutta

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jan 1, 10 10:19 AM
Well, the demo ended before I realized I was even close to the end of the hour and that means it's a definite buy for me! I haven't run into many games lately that do that except for the ones I already know I want and will purposely purchase very early in the demo or even without trying the demo other than to see if the game works.

While some objects are hidden VERY, VERY well, I haven't yet run into any that *I* thought were way too small. They are most definitely well hidden (and some in unusual places), and I had to use hints more than I usually do, but once the hint showed the area, I eventually found the object. However, I DID wish they had included a magnifier at times! LOL!

One thing I've found that helps is searching for the gems in each scene FIRST. That gave me some familiarity with the scene, and I was able to start finding things on the list. It isn't a game that allows you to rush through the HOG scenes, but I like that about it.

This is one of the VERY FEW games that allows you to change the brightness of the screen within the game so that you don't have to adjust your overall viewing settings, and I like that a lot. In my opinion, this should be added to MANY more games! Not only does it fix it so you don't have to adjust your whole computer, but it's much easier and quicker to get to when you're playing.

So far, GREAT game!

jampony
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jampony on Jan 1, 10 10:58 AM
I like the game a lot; the graphics are very nice and well-integrated into the backgrounds, ambient/background sounds are awesome, and the hint system is helpful.

But I'm having problems with my mouse stuttering anytime there are any type of sparkles on the screen (after clicking on "hint" or after finding an object). Also, some items are so well-hidden I still couldn't find it after using a hint and got penalized for clicking too many times. And some items don't seem to be called what they really are (e.g. a "column" is a candlestick holder, I think).

I'll wait to see what others say and to find out how long the game is and I might buy it if it's long enough.

1LIR
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by 1LIR on Jan 1, 10 12:10 PM
tinapl wrote:Has anyone figured out how to get the keychain from the pool?
The keychain is not in the pool. If you used a hint it goes to the green leaf. Just look pass the leaf and it's lying on the rock.

michelle_hdpc
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by michelle_hdpc on Jan 1, 10 12:55 PM
I am downloading now and will try with an open mind. Did anyone complete? and how long was the game? thanks

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Jan 1, 10 1:20 PM
I agree that some of the objects are difficult to see, but the hint system refills quickly. The graphics are great on my screen. The game runs smoothly and I love the fact that it is possible to play in another language, and that also allows those whose native tongue is not English a chance to pick up new words and learn our language as it is spoken and not written in a textbook. This game gets five stars and a thank you for a great new year's gift! I can't tell the length, but if it is like the first one, the game is quite long, as I remember.

walkalone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by walkalone on Jan 1, 10 1:34 PM
Hi,
I have just downloaded the Youda Legend Game and cannot get it to play. Have a black screen and nothing else. It,s pretty annoying!

[Post New]by SherryHolt on Jan 1, 10 1:50 PM
Prima2339 wrote:I'm stuck already!
I'm on the second scene. It's the scene with a fountain and a board which advertises a fortune teller. I can't find a screw and the last remaining map piece??
I click on hint, which gives me a circled area in which either of these items should be located BUT I still can't see either of them in the circle??
I can't continue on in the game or go to a different location! The circled area the hint gives me, is right by the billboard sign for the fortune teller.
Anybody have an idea where to find either of these items or how I can skip the scene an continue on? In my inventory I have a light bulb, crow bar and map pieces.

They must be microscopic!

This is not fun.

The last map piece for me looked very much like the base of the fountain. It was VERY hard to see even with a hint. With the screw, I clicked in the middle of the hint circle until I hit it....I certainly couldn't see it!

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jan 1, 10 2:11 PM
dang it.....couldn't they have made the objects a little smaller? LOL

tuezdaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by tuezdaye on Jan 1, 10 2:17 PM
I think I like this game. Even though quite a few of the objects are very hard to find the hint system does regenerate very fast. I like the graphics even if some scenes are are a bit 'muddy' where the items making up the scene have no distinct shape so you can't tell what they are. This was significant in the store scene. Lots of bag shaped things, nets with no beginning no end so you can't distinguish one item from another or where they overlap.

Still I like the story line and the graphics over all.

My only real issue is the lag time. Wow. If you use the hint, it can take up to 5 seconds for it to even start sending out it's little beam and once it circles the area it seems to take so much game resource that you can drag the cursor then wait for it to actually get to the spot. It also lags once you click on an item and the item is "dissolving". There will be no 'spot it click spot it click click click".

And still, I like it. I'm just having to slow way down. Maybe I'm just an addict and this is the only new HOG for a few days so I'm willing to deal with it. lol

Rkatidid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Rkatidid on Jan 1, 10 2:25 PM
Personally, I was immediately turned off by the aptly draped 'cupey' sex doll on the main splash page. But, when I looked at the quality of Hidden objects, and having the program ask me if I was crazy - I had enough. Playing with garbage can be fun, but it is not my thing. This type of art work, lowers the standard of HOGs. I turned it off and deleted it.

Go to: