vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 24, 16 12:37 AM
kesabeth wrote:I'm also getting the access violation message - game won't open at all, I'm also on Windows 10.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/26/2016 at 3:23:04 PM PST

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by momsford on Apr 24, 16 12:50 AM
Game froze up at the beginning when you pass the snow and go into desert looking area. Green sparkles but can't click on anything.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 24, 16 5:10 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:While waiting, we also recommend replying to any automated emails you receive. Our system will automatically close a ticket after a length of time, and so replying to these emails lets us know if your issue hasn’t been addressed. This also saves your place in line so that a Representative can get back to you as soon as they’re able.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

So what you're telling us is that if the amount of emails for the representative is too big and it takes that person too long to get to it....the system will automatically throw that ticket out. No wonder I never got an answer. Neither from a said rep nor a moderator........................................

[Post New]by littlemight on Apr 24, 16 7:03 AM
I've tried everything suggested and this game will not open. Running as another version caused other issues with other games. Example: several games I have already activated are requesting to be reactivated. I have not had any issues like this with my other Big Fish games.

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Apr 24, 16 9:24 AM
I also get an Access Violation. I deleted the Game Manager and reinstalled it, then reloaded the game and still get an access violation. So that didn't help. I did email Big Fish and they say they will answer within 24 to 72 hours. It is a weekend, so I'm expecting an answer tomorrow (Monday). I also have Windows 10. Didn't want it, it installed without my permission!!! Nothing but trouble.

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Apr 24, 16 9:31 AM
Dear Tech Support - I believe that I did not make myself clear in my last message. I do NOT expect you to reply to each individual post on the forums. I object to the ubiquitous yellow post which has the stock answers, so many times on each "Tech Issues" forum, being posted over and over again. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who, when I have a problem with a game, reads the "Tech Issues" posts from beginning to end, sometimes several times in case I missed something!
After scrolling past that post from you guys, over and over, it becomes annoyingly redundant! Also, your own statement " Our Reps have recently been receiving large numbers of emails, and so are behind on their normal response time" seems to be an admission that there are WAY too many bugs in newly released games. Perhaps this problem should be addressed???

Edited on 04/24/2016 at 9:33:59 AM PST

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Apr 24, 16 10:04 AM
I've tried downloading this game half a dozen times. Currently, it's been DL'ing for about 45 minutes, and it's only 350 MB done out of 2 GB, so about 1/6 done. At that rate, it'll take 4½ hours!

Mac OS 10.11.3
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB RAM

Clearly, it's not my computer. Judging from the number of other similar complaints across different operating systems, this is an inherent game issue that needs to be addressed with the developer.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 26, 16 5:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to let everybody know that there is an update now available for the game that includes fixes for some of the issues being reported to us. This update should be showing up in the Big Fish Games app under the 'Updates' tab, however it can also be searched for manually in the app. The following announcement has more information on what's included, as well as steps on locating the update in the app:

UPDATE! New version available for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death CE (PC) - April 26, 2016

If anyone is still running into an error or technical issue, we highly encourage contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This helps us to gather information and data on problems in the game, so that it can be passed along to the appropriate teams and aid in any investigations that may arise. Additionally, our Reps are able to provide customized troubleshooting for tech issues occurring in the game.

Micha1234, it sounds like you contacted a Moderator and our Support Team, but never received a response from either, and I'm sorry to hear it. While the Moderation Team works to respond to each of the messages we receive, there may be a slight delay before we can respond, and you have my sincere apologies for any issues this may have caused.

I also want to add some additional information to my previous post. While our system will close a ticket if we don't receive a response to our emails within a few days, the ticket will definitely stay open if we haven't been able to email you back, and you have my apologies for any confusion or misunderstandings that my previous response may have caused. Though our Support Team's response time is longer than normal at the moment, they're working hard to get back to everyone as soon as they can.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 26, 16 5:16 PM
nintendomo, I wanted to provide a little more clarification regarding my last post. The Moderation Team understands that those help articles may not be useful in every situation. However, as similar technical problems may have many different causes, we suggest them as a quick way to work through issues, in case someone in the thread hasn’t had a chance to try them yet or read the previous posts. If those articles haven't resolved the issue you're encountering, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support Team. While we’d like to be able to offer in-depth help here, the forums aren’t equipped with the tools necessary to do so. Contacting our Reps is a great way to get additional troubleshooting, and also helps us to gather info on glitches so that our teams can look into the problem.

As mentioned in my previous post, though we work to test all of our games thoroughly before release, some problems may unfortunately still emerge. We appreciate everyone’s patience regarding this, and all who take the time to report these to us. The Moderation Team and Support Team continues to work to pass along those reports so that the appropriate teams can look into the situation, and the Moderators will make sure to update the forums with any new information on fixes or updates that are released.

We understand the frustration that may stem from tech issues. However, I also want to ask that we all please note the Forum Rules while posting. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We request that users please not include disrespectful comments towards others in posts. By keeping those rules in mind, we can help to keep the forums an enjoyable and comfortable environment for everyone who wants to participate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 04/26/2016 at 5:17:45 PM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 26, 16 5:28 PM
Installed the update..still getting "access error". Running Windows 10 sigh

ZekesPeach
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ZekesPeach on Apr 26, 16 7:24 PM
Running Windows 7. I installed the new update (which took nearly 30 minutes) and went back into the game (I am literally at the last move on Chapter 4), looked at the map for where to go...there were no exclamation points to guide me, so I did a hint. The hint circled the character portraits like I should be changing characters, so I tried that. It said "I am not finished here yet" or something to that effect. After looking at the strategy guide I discovered that I should have been able to turn right and collect the second golden chariot, but there is no way to do that as the cursor doesn't indicate a right turn is available. So I am now stuck and can't finish the main game. Prior to this I had no problems with the game functioning. I would have been better off not installing the update!!! If this can't be fixed in a day or so I would like a refund.

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Apr 26, 16 11:30 PM
Installed the update and the game will not open. When you click on "play"in the game manager it gets kicked back and says "time is running out play again" This was happening before the update. No more...

[Post New]by KSKeith on Apr 27, 16 1:51 AM
I have just run the update to this game, I'm using Windows 10 and it still isn't working. Please, please can you just sort it. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by Verita on Apr 27, 16 6:58 AM
Dear All
I cannot open this game. i always get a message [b]Error: Access violation at 0x032F0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFF), program terminated.
I downloaded the game 2x and I restarted my computer, but nothing helped. I use windows 10 and other games work normally.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Apr 27, 16 9:20 AM
Same for me running Windows 10 and still getting the same error code. I also uninstalled and re installed. This really is a bit tiresome.

Linda

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 27, 16 10:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to post in this thread. For those who are seeing the access violation error, we recommend the steps in the following help article:

Access Violation

If the game is shutting down on its own, then this help article may be useful:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

As of getting stuck in the bonus game, stopping points like this can be passed by restarting the game or even starting a new profile. We can't promise a fix, but we'll let the developer know about this.

If you'd prefer not to start the game over, or if the recommended steps above aren't working, we ask you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help in any way they can.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by KSKeith on Apr 27, 16 11:29 AM
I'm sorry BFG but all of your suggestions fail. Please do an update to solve the Windows 10 issue. I've never had this problem before, so instead of posting the same "how to solve" if you have a problem with...... Please learn "how to solve" this issue for your loyal users yourselves. Thank you.

MarjoryM
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by MarjoryM on Apr 27, 16 12:39 PM
Yeah - guess I'll join the Windows 10 bandwagon. It's doesn't work on my system either. I get the Access violation error at the start. Yes, I've tried all the suggestions, updated drivers and even installed the new update.
I've reported to Tech support with a Dr Felix report.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 27, 16 1:44 PM
Hi KSKeith and MarjoryM,

I'm sorry to hear that the suggested steps haven't worked. To clarify, as bfgPanthalassa has already explained in her posts above, the Forum Moderation Team doesn't have the ability to provide in-depth troubleshooting via the Forums. The help articles are often recomnended because the steps in them do solve things in many cases.

In addition, Big Fish Games does not have the ability to fix or update games that are developed by other companies. Any updates have to come from the developer, as only they are able to make changes to their games. If recommended troubleshooting steps don't work, our Support Team can gather information to pass along to the appropriate teams which can be used in coming up with a fix. This includes information from Dr. Felix reports that players send in.

I hope this clears up any confusion. If the suggested steps haven't resolved the issues you're experiencing, do contact Support via the link in my previous post.

Thank you for your understanding,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 04/27/2016 at 1:46:28 PM PST

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Apr 27, 16 2:56 PM
Just found out - those who have Windows 10 - this game is not compatible. I tried the update,still got the access violation. So, I took the advice of somewhere here - and right clicked the game, and found the capability button, it's compatible with every Windows program, except Windows 10.

Go to: