Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Oldfashioned1 on May 7, 16 4:05 AM
1. Black "help" messages at top of screen do not go away, even after clicking on them or the scene. This obscures the top portion of the screen which is frustrating in HOPs and puzzles.

2. In the puzzle where you put pink pieces and switch them around to fit on the dots: I got it correct, but the puzzle wouldn't go on to the 2nd part. Had to skip this puzzle.

3. Bonus game: there is supposed to be a spyglass to pick up in a scene--but there isn't one. The spot where the SG says to use it closes after items are picked up and can't be reopened even if I had the spyglass.

4. Bonus game: map icons (task to do, picture of site, etc.) don't work although selected in the difficulty menu.

5. Can't get the collectible sign in the last scene of bonus game because you get a help message about the foul stench and ugly monster when you click on it (can get it if you access extras, collectibles, and the missing scene). Also had gotten a collectible at the wall base but it wasn't counted and didn't show up as "gotten" in collectibles either.

Windows 7 64-bit, Home Premium.

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 4:29:18 AM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on May 7, 16 8:42 PM
I also found the black "helpful" messages non-helpful in that they hindered your view in puzzles & H0S. I tried clicking everywhere in order to get rid of them but they didn't disappear.

The map in the bonus game doesn't show any actions other than the arrow for the objective that needs to be achieved (again, not helpful!).

The spyglass mentioned in the guide is not there but it is not necessary as I was able to finish the bonus game.

The last collectible (on the infected animal) has to be collected after you've finished playing as it's impossible to collect during gameplay - all you get is the message about the beast being infected

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. 64Bit

Kam

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 8:43:22 PM PST

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Cannot complete bonus game

[Post New]by emerance on May 9, 16 2:49 PM
I cannot use the leather belt in the marketplace to get the stained glass. The table doesn't show any actions available (gear). Cannot continue.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on May 13, 16 12:42 PM
kgustavson wrote:Map settings do not work in Bonus game. I've also had 2 crashes during the Bonus. Win 7 Pro.

Me too. Also, I'm in a mini game where you have to move something over the gems in so many steps, and when I complete the first one, it just goes back to the same thing.

Sibylline
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Sibylline on May 15, 16 6:22 AM
vsvillanoseven wrote:I'm still in the main game - and on top I have black box from side to side saying "well at least I gave it a try" Can't get rid of it and it's interfering with the puzzle I'm doing, can't see the top of the puzzle. I closed the game, reopened it an hour later and still that banner is still there. Very frustrating as the other game I purchased with the 2for1 sale has an access violation. Now I can't play either game. Why bother!!!!

Same problem with the black box not disappearing. Running Windows 7.

Come on, Big Fish, let's get an update to fix the bugs plz.

Edited on 05/15/2016 at 6:23:14 AM PST

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Kacey5 on May 17, 16 10:44 AM
RichG21 wrote:Stuck in the bonus game, zoomed into the sick guy in the first scene a second time and cant get away from that scene ! No back icon at screen bottom and no exit icon in top right corner - all I can do is go back into the menus and even after restarting I still end up trapped in that scene !!!!
Windows 10 64 bit

Same problem here. Running Win 7 64 bit

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by LunaNik on May 23, 16 7:53 PM
I see there's an update for the PC version. Will there be one for the Mac version?

Hymek
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Hymek on May 28, 16 3:06 PM
Same issue as Emerence above. Unable to use leather belt in bonus game. Running Win 10.

Come on Big Fish the Epix games are usually glitch free. Some of us spend a deal of money with you guy's I cannot progress to the end of this one at present My Game manager is set to auto download updates.

GT

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jun 3, 16 11:13 PM
Windows XP

Same issue as others with getting stuck on the sick guy scene in the bonus game. Sent Dr. Felix report just now and contacted Eipix games as well. I purchased the game before the update but hadn't played it except for the trial version. I downloaded the update on May 16th, so didn't expect to encounter any issues. Surprise, surprise, I played the game yesterday and the issue is still there. Those that have posted are using different operating systems, so I know it is not that.

I will post again if I receive any reply. I told Eipix I wanted to play the game not get a free game coupon from Big Fish, so hopefully they will have an issue with that and give us another update.

Edit: Just as I thought, I got a free coupon and the standard things to try to fix that I would find on the help page. They did not work and of course I tried all of those before I sent my Dr. Felix report off. They did say they didn't have a chance to read over my problem yet, so if not fixed, send them another email. So it's an automatic coupon before assistance???

Edited on 06/04/2016 at 9:01:43 PM PST

Hymek
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Hymek on Jun 6, 16 1:30 PM
So after no response regarding my first issue with this game I select/set a new profile get through to the bonus game again and do not even get as far as being unable to access the mirror required for the first scene which stopped my progress last time! Instead I encounter "sick man syndrome" where I cannot leave the scene (Running Win 10). My app is set to auto download updates and in manual says none available anyway. This bonus game is a joke! I do not expect a reply however as nothing appears to be being done judging by the rest of the threads here. Please do not belittle me with the if it freezes/crashes/ pops out to lunch stock reply thanks.

Edited on 06/06/2016 at 1:31:16 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jun 7, 16 9:15 PM
My answer from the game manufacturer:

Thank you for taking the time to notify us about this issue.

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you with this problem. The reason for this is that our QA testers were unable to reproduce the glitch, despite trying every way to mess up a game known to man. To be honest, it has left us quite baffled. Normally, the bugs reported to us are fairly easy to diagnose, and we do our best to resolve them as quickly as possible. In this instance, we have tested it across every device we could get our hands on and tried every trick in order to re-create the glitch you and some other players have experienced, but to no avail. In short, we can't fix the glitch because we don't know what it is, as much as it pains us to admit it. We have tried all available options and came up short.

We can't offer you much, except for our reassurance that we have always placed great value on player experience and did everything we could to fix any problems with our games as quickly as humanely possible, and we will continue to do so. We hope this situation doesn't discourage you from playing our games in the future.

All the best from Eipix!

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jun 10, 16 9:02 PM
I am also stuck on the sick guy in the bonus game. Rebooting my machine did not help.

Windows 10, never had a problem with an Eipix game before. Very disappointed.

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jun 18, 16 5:49 PM
After DL'ing the Mac update, I have both good news and bad news.

The good news:
• The black bars now fade out when they're supposed to instead of continuing to cover the screen.
• The puzzle in the Hall of Mirrors is now playable, that is to say, the pieces can be rotated.

The bad news:
• The puzzle in the Hall of Mirrors still has a bug; the game doesn't recognize when you've successfully completed the puzzle. I followed the instructions exactly. No pieces were overlapping and I had pieces leftover. All the spots were covered by only one piece. I even reset the puzzle and did it again. Nope. The game refused to recognize that I'd completed the puzzle, and I ended up having to skip it in order to move on.

However, I contacted Eipix prior to the Mac update being released and described the original issues. They asked me to email back after playing the update, so I will. I'll post here after I hear from them.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Amaranthine Voyage: Winter Neverending Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Space_gal on Jun 19, 16 8:08 PM
Rollina wrote:
RichG21 wrote:Stuck in the bonus game, zoomed into the sick guy in the first scene a second time and cant get away from that scene ! No back icon at screen bottom and no exit icon in top right corner - all I can do is go back into the menus and even after restarting I still end up trapped in that scene !!!!
Windows 10 64 bit

same for me, windows 10. disappointed...

I'm still having this problem. It is really annoying. Will it be fixed any time soon?

ymccarty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ymccarty on Jun 24, 16 3:38 PM
I am having the exact problem in the bonus game with the sick guy. Haven't found any answers yest. Am also running windows 7

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Jun 25, 16 2:02 AM
Win 8 Also cannot exit from sick man.

Since I cannot finish Bonus Game, cannot access Bubble Pop.

Serious Bugs in this Eipix game! I'm Shocked!

[Post New]by kodachromefilm2 on Jun 30, 16 7:56 PM
lbtgam222 wrote:I am having the same issues as others in the bonus game, however I can't even get that far. When I save the dude at the end with the tiles I have no actions available. I can't give him the Morphing Artifact, I can't move back, no map, guide or movement allowed! I can't believe such a bug exists in an Eipix game!

I am also having issues with the black box comments not disappearing which do effect the game play.

REALLY DISAPPOINTED EIPIX!

Windows 10

I had the same problem. Couldn't activate the morphing artifact in the very last scene and black dialogue bar covering the top. Finally hit the "hint" button and that got rid of the bar and got the "gears" working again so I could get rid of the morphing artifact. Then I could finish the last puzzles and finally complete the game. Hooray! (Just FYI, EIPIX, the black bars were stuck at the top for the last quarter of the game. Really bad QC.) Running Mac 10.11.4.

Go to: