burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by burf90 on May 24, 16 8:15 AM
Stanj1 wrote:I notice that this game continues to be on sale here despite the number of complaints here. I'm also assuming that, like in so many instances, the reports of problems are probably like the "tip of the iceberg," in that many with problems don't ever report them, they just chalk it up to experience, and wait for a fix.

The first report of a problem listed in this forum is April 28, it's not May 24. That's almost 4 weeks, and there's been no fix.

I recognize that this isn't necessarily a Big Fish problem, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating that this has gone on so long without any fix.

It's probable that BFG has already contacted the developer and they are working on a patched version that's Windows 10 friendly. Unfortunately, BFG seems to have gotten rid of most of their moderators and they were usually the people that kept players informed. I don't think anyone from tech support reads these tech issues threads, so the only way for players to hasten a fix is for each and every person with a problem to contact BFG Customer Support directly. When they get enough direct complaints, they will work harder on getting a fix.

BTW, I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 and these games are the exact reason why. Every new version of Windows seems to be less backward compatible with older programs than they used to be, so the likelihood that some of the older games that I really love will run on the new OS is slim. I don't want all the money I've spent on all these games to be wasted.

wineoclock
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edge of Reality: Ring of Destiny Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by wineoclock on May 24, 16 11:50 PM
I play on windows 10 and same problem

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 25, 16 2:57 PM
wineoclock wrote:I play on windows 10 and same problem

You probably got this as an automatic update, but just in case, they released a new version today that is supposed to fix the Windows 10 issues.

[Post New]by Stanj1 on May 27, 16 6:53 AM
I downloaded the update and completed the game. Everything worked great! Thanks for getting this done.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jun 1, 16 3:28 AM
I had tech issues with both windows 7 and 10 to the effect I had to abandon the game. However, so far, this game is playing perfectly on my MacBook Air! Anyone got any ideas why?

[Post New]by russ620 on Oct 7, 16 10:54 AM
I am also having the same issue trying to log onto the game. I had played the collector's edition several times last month with out problem. Yesterday, when I tried it just sat there with the blue circle. I could not go to "My Games", nor could I close out the game. Finally I uninstalled the game. I re-installed it today and the same inability to log into the game has occurred several times. I need some help here.
Russ

[Post New]by Shwizzle on Feb 21, 17 2:19 PM
Windows 10. I got through the whole game ok but, whilst playing the bonus chapter, the game crashed, ie completely closed down my laptop. On reopening the game, it says it has been corrupted and deleted and I have to start a new profile. This means in order to play the bonus chapter, I have to play the WHOLE GAME AGAIN!!!!

Not impressed BFG!!!!

Go to: