Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

Re:Veronica Rivers: The Order Of Conspiracy comments and reviews

[Post New]by Volauvent on Feb 3, 10 10:49 AM
The graphics are very good and the puzzles in this game are well-designed; a good challenge for beginners but still fun for the more experienced player who needs a fairly quick time out from work.

I feel the developers can push themselves a bit harder to overcome unstabilities that arise when playing on newer platforms. The only aggravation I encountered was a flickering screen. Some scenes didn't flicker at all, others did so intermittently, while one or two scenes flickered incessantly. I played it on Vista.

All in all I recommend this game; however, Windows 7 and Vista players may need to set the compatibility mode to XP.

Vol au vent

Edited on 02/03/2010 at 10:50:19 AM PST

[Post New]by HeidiJo102 on Feb 6, 10 7:20 PM
I was going to purchase the next Veronica Rivers game while it was on special for 2.99, but after the problems I had navigating the boat between the islands (took over a half hour...very very slow and hardly a response from the steering wheel) I decided not to waste the money. I play a lot of different games and they work well on my computer so I don't know why that segment was so slow. Other than that, it's a nice relaxing game.

puckizzy
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by puckizzy on Feb 22, 10 7:00 PM
Well, it seems that everyone had good reviews on this one, but it just didn't really do it for me. Can't put my finger on it - (other than, as some of you are learning about me..I dig the dark stuff!! )

THAT, or it's this week long binge of less sleep -more trial versions, visits to the forums, etc!!! Trying to build up my game credits, ya see?! . Gotta have that first cup (or 5) of joe & my smokes, then I'm good to go!! I've got Juan Valdez on speed dial, so he & his trusty mule can deliever a never ending supply of coffee!!

(I know fellow fishers - don't even start with me on the cigs!!! LOL.) I just gave up diet coke- the elixir of life - which I drank for 25+ years) Give me some props for that!!

I've come across two IHOGs that are lighthearted & a good switch, when I've been spooked out enough..They are Mishap: Accidental Haunting (think Casper for grown ups) and tho I only partially played the DEMO for Love Story: Letters from the past, I Thought it was romantic & nostalgic (sp) I'm not old enough to fully understand loving/losing in war, at least back in those days - But I bet some of our older fishes would dive right in on this one.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 26, 10 5:53 PM
I purchased this one a little late. I had a list of games that were on the "maybe" side. With the SPRINGFEVER special I went through that list, watched videos again, and decided on this one. I don't regret it at all. I didn't remember what it was about because it's been a while. I really love the graphics, so professionally done, the story is pretty interesting, objects are not that easy to find sometimes; I have to use Hints every so often. The sound is pleasant, appropriate for each scene. I love to hear a clock, it reminds me of my childhood. I enjoy the puzzles. I started out with easy setting but very soon I switched to normal; too many interruptions and explanations that I don't need anymore. In all, this is a good purchase.
Good game!

Edited on 03/26/2010 at 6:00:43 PM PST

[Post New]by Sally164 on Apr 22, 10 8:46 AM
fudge25 wrote:I spent all my time looking at a black screen with the word loading in the right corner in between scenes. Frustrated. Stopped playing.

Did your game also return to the system tray after a few seconds? I have that problem, together with a flickering black screen before I see some images from the game (for instance the Big Fish splash screen; and when I get the change to get there, the Options image/screen etc.)

Found this post in the old Veronica Rivers game forum, and asked the same question there also:
Celeryhart wrote:I played this game when it first came out... then downloaded the new one.. Now I"ve noticed that I can't get out of FULL SCREEN.... I uncheck it .. click apply..... but it just refused to do it..

Anybody else having this problem...?
Don't know if anyone will read this, since the last postings are from 2008, but I also experience some problems playing this game.

Concerning: Veronica Rivers - The Order of Conspiracy

I cannot play in any way when I open it. It opens (from the Big Fish Game Manager), but the window almost immediately disappears in the tray. When I try to click the game again, I get a black screen, with some flickerings and I see something, but almost cannot click any options. If I click, the window disappears to the tray again.

I noticed that when I close my browser Firefox, the game will stay on my screen, but now I can see the message that I can't play in Windowed Mode in this resolution. Since I have a widescreen laptop now, maybe that hinders the game performance, but I tried every resolution I have, and the problem will not solve. I also checked the Widescreen Option, but no solution either.

The trial version was 30 minutes over trying to get the game started, and I hadn't played any minute of it. In the Help it said to make the game compatible for Win XP (I use Vista 64 bit), but also no salvation (yet). Now I bought the game because II thought it was fun and maybe it would get better, but unfortunately not.

Anyone any tips for me?

Settings:
- Dell Inspiron 15 (bought August 2009)
- Win Vista 64 bit
- 15" widescreen display
- mega multi-tasking person (several programs opened at the same time (i.e. MSN, Firefox, Word, Excel, Media player)
- already found out that closing Firefox resolves something.

Note: I couldn't get out of the full screen mode as well. Maybe that was not clear when I said the the Windowed mode was not compatible with my resolution.

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 9:11:25 AM PST

[Post New]by Sally164 on Apr 22, 10 9:24 AM
Oh and I find this very, very frustrating (if not that I hate this.. ) .

If I cannot solve the problems, I do hope I get my money back...

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 9:24:57 AM PST

[Post New]by Sally164 on May 8, 10 3:18 AM
About that problem: with help of a friend it is fixed! *O*

I thought the story was a bit weak, and the game is very short. Playing it again doesn't give any new openings, only the things to find are different...

Not quite my money's worth...

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 3:21:08 AM PST

[Post New]by Sally164 on May 8, 10 3:21 AM
Sally164 wrote:About that problem: with help of a friend it is fixed! *O*

I thought the story was a bit weak, and the game is very short. Playing it again doesn't give any new openings, only the things to find are different...

Not quite my money's worth...

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on May 16, 10 4:38 PM
I did not like this game very much. It seems that I was looking for the same objects all the time, even at the end when I had to revisit the places to get the parts to the device. The only thing I found challenging were the puzzles, so I will be fair and give this game 3 out of 5 stars

Anna1782
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1782 on May 21, 10 2:33 AM
It's a nice relaxing game! I didn't have any technical problems so I'm satisfied and had fun!

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 2:34:35 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jul 25, 10 1:09 PM
It's a nice game, with good graphics although some items are pretty small. However, I got half way through it doing the 1-hour demo relatively slowly. So I"m not buying, even at $2.99 (it's on sale this weekend) because that's too short.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 25, 10 9:02 PM
I purchased on the sale - along with 3 others. This game is unique in many ways and the variety of the mini-games is a pleasant surprise. I am taking my time and enjoying the play at a leisurely pace so I'm not a good one to judge how long the game lasts. I definitely give it two 's up. IMO it's "senior citizen" friendly too.

Edited on 07/25/2010 at 9:04:53 PM PST

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Jul 27, 10 11:12 AM
I bought this one on the "Billion" sale and really enjoyed it.
I always appreciate a developer allowing players to skip puzzles.
Since I paid $2.99, I certainly got my money's worth!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 22, 10 1:24 AM
This had to be one of the worst games, ever. The items were so small. I can't see the point in playing any game, if you have to use the hint button just to find all of the objects. It was really bad.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 4, 10 12:24 PM
Its the weeky daily in the first Octoberweek but I won`t buy it, even at that low price. The game is not good - graphic is so-so, gameplay is pretty boring, items are very tiny. I will pass on this one.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Oct 4, 10 1:43 PM
I tried it for the hour and was intrigued. Am still pretty happy and have just gotten to a rather difficult puzzle so I am taking a break before I try to decipher it. I recommend it for a buy even though the hidden object (I put in hoe without the e and they bleeped me so that is what the asterisks stand for just too funny and sadly prurient) graphics could be a little clearer. There are no extras in the **** parts unlike the EAPoe game for example where a part would have to be found to open for one of the things on the list. But there is a nice balance between the **** and the story and the puzzles which vary in difficulty. So get it while it is on sale folks! It is a good deal.

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 1:52:11 PM PST

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Oct 4, 10 1:59 PM
LizzieK wrote:This game is fun and I enjoyed the one hour demo. But I was able to finish through the first scene in chapter 8 in the one hour trial. I played the puzzles and mini-games as I went along and read the journal as it became available. Based on that, is seems that the game will last about 2 hours or slightly less.

I'm not sure about the replay value unless you go back and choose a different play mode. I think there was Easy and Normal, but I think that related to the hints. You wouldn't need extra hints on subsequent play. I didn't see any mini-games that you could replay.

Althrough it is a fun game I don't think I will buy this one because it is so short. I think games should last at least 3 or 4 hours (or more) the first time through or they should have good replay value. I didn't see either of those qualities in this game.

Too bad! I really liked the first Vernioca Rivers game.

Maybe when it is offered for $2.99 I will consider buying it.

I guess I'll go back with weeharleyboy and play Anka again.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 4, 10 6:11 PM
As others have said, just finished the demo & got to chapter 7-skipped one puzzle-so it is pretty short. That being said I enjoyed all the other mini games & like that there are some different ones. I generally did not find the hidden objects terribly difficult to find & even on normal level hints recharge quickly. Probably a bit too easy for more experienced players. Not the greatest game but certainly decent @ 2.99 & a punch on your card towards a free game.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 5, 10 6:31 AM
I beta tested this and never made the connection that it was the same game..
I really liked it and never understood why it had never came out.
Now here it is on a weekly deal. Must have been fate.
I grabbed it up and now I'm off to play.
Have a great day fishies!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Oct 6, 10 7:17 PM
Bought w Weekly Deal. Was surprised to see original price $9.99-! $2.99 seems much more appropriate graphics are good but story is Meh. Found some of the Minigames challenging but others reeeelllyyy easy. I feel I got what I paid for and while I don' t LURVE it I am enjoying it.

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 7:18:35 PM PST

Go to: