Re:Welcome to The White House forum

[Post New]by KDouni97 on Jan 9, 10 7:16 PM
I'm getting the same thing - screen freeze after restarting the game. It looks interesting to play but not like this. I've deleted it. Hopefully, the kinks will be worked out and we can try again.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 9, 10 7:45 PM
I thought everything was ok - til I got to the basement of the Oval office and everything froze - darn!

[Post New]by drmctchr1961 on Jan 9, 10 8:06 PM
when I downloaded this game,it crashed my computer. when I unistalled it, message came up saying that files from this game is still on my computer. what can I do about this. I downloaded this game 2 times.

dawnssis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dawnssis on Jan 9, 10 8:08 PM
The game froze on me at the busts as well. I also got very annoyed at all of the pop ups. Please give us an option to turn them off. Will check for a new updated version later.

Uppernana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Uppernana on Jan 9, 10 8:46 PM
I didn't have any "tech" problems, fun game but very short. I finished it, without skipping puzzles, in less then 4 hours. But worth a game credit. Hope the next one in this series is longer.

[Post New]by jeaniebear on Jan 9, 10 8:52 PM
jibsail1 wrote:Got to point where supposed to place busts on shelf and entire program freezes up. Tried three times, same thing. Had to do control, alt., delete to get to Task Manager to stop game. HELP!

Same thing happened to me at this same spot. Tried 3 times. had to ctrl/alt/del every time. Too bad - could be fun if you could actually play it!

[Post New]by misskitty4144 on Jan 9, 10 10:54 PM
I have downloaded this game twice.
Can't get the cursor down to the hints or the item to be found. Started in the Professor's Office.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jan 9, 10 11:52 PM
You know, the publisher should be checking the games. This is not responsible publishing. Big Fish should have people who test the games, proofread the games, check them for technical errors and give the customer clean safe [b]TESTED games. It is unconscionable that BF uses us as guinea pigs...what kind of damage could be done by downloading a problem infested game like WhiteHouse? I use my PC for all kinds of stuff, work, school, lots of important stuff. I am really beginning to have some doubts about whether or not to trust BF content. I have had three games from BF crash my PC, once so badly it took me over a week and a couple hundred bucks to fix. It just isn't worth it.

Re:Welcome to The White House forum (green at the back)

[Post New]by sharingyou on Jan 9, 10 11:54 PM
my cursor evaporated and this made my mother board sink .318 cm.

enough to back fire my keyboard, mouse, printer, dishwasher ... ok ok,

maybe not the washer. yes, this game, has problemos, but, tha's how we learn

Re:The White House

[Post New]by sharingyou on Jan 10, 10 12:00 AM
ahhh ... so now you begin to realize, not to allow you hard drive, to be contaminated

took you that long ? i knew this in 1975, binary code, ibm, kaboom ... technobigbang

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Jan 10, 10 4:47 AM
I must admit this is a great game, I thought it had froze on me at the green Lawn thanks to a fellow gamer I realized I had to look at the map in the diary and follow the clues I had decoded. My computer is not the biggest with only a 1,200 Ram, but I had no trouble with my cursor freezing up I went to the end of the game. I loved the game but wished it was longer. I had to adjust my screen resolution in the options in the beginning but that was no problem

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Jan 10, 10 4:51 AM
Add me to the list of people that has the game freeze and crash within the first ten minutes of play. Can't believe that BFG went ahead and released this game today to the masses knowing the inherent problems with it. Usually they are better than that.

[Post New]by BuddydogMom on Jan 10, 10 9:31 AM
Good Game. Still has a few gliches, once they get fixed it'll be good. I enjoyed all the little history facts. Got stuck on south lawn and had to go to forum to figure it out. Back at it.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jan 10, 10 12:36 PM
Yes, my worst fears confirmed....this game CRASHED my PC. Spent most of the day restoring the system. THANKS BF.

So. BigFish. When you say you are giving us safe games, what exactly does that mean to you? Does that mean that you are THRILLED to be able to collect money from your test subjects, and what the hey....if it crashes the system...no sweat. Not your problem?

Seriously. I would like an answer. Do you actually test any of this? None of it? some of it? My guess is none.

AgnesKite
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by AgnesKite on Jan 10, 10 2:08 PM
I also had the game freeze at the beginning where you have to place the first bust on the shelf. I closed out of the game (had to use control+alt+delete and forcibly end the program), but decided to go back in and try. Apparently, the game freezes only if you get ahead of the tips it tries to give you. It was pretty obvious that I had to put the bust on the shelf in the right position and I forged on ahead, but the game hadn't gotten through showing me how to do so, and doesn't appear to have any way to shut off the in-game tips, so there's no way to just skip ahead if you already know what you're doing.

That being said, just be patient and let the game guide you through each explanation and wait until the information boxes go away and you shouldn't have any more problems, at least as far as that's concerned.

The cursor is also a bit sensitive, so it can be hard to click on things sometimes. Again, persistence is key. I never got a penalty for clicking repeatedly in the wrong spots, just a message saying to be more careful.

[Post New]by beagleresort on Jan 10, 10 2:20 PM
Don't know what it is but the last couple of games I've had nothing but trouble with!
Yolanda/Legend of the Bird of Paradise, which has never been fixed, and now the White
House (which I thoroughly understand, as everyone in the W.H. is screwed up.)
Is a shame as I love BF group. Hope whatever the problems they are having with games
gets fixed sooooooooooon. We ALL can't be wrong!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 10, 10 3:47 PM
In addition to the screen freeze, this game scrambled all of my icons on the desktop. What a mess. Refund?

[Post New]by CalSailor on Jan 10, 10 3:56 PM
I'm another one of those having cursor problem. I'm running Vista, and it is as if I have a smaller box within the monitor. I cannot move the cursor over the about the last 2 inches left or right edge, and the bottom 3 inch of the screen. That made it impossible to pick up the journal. Sorta made it hard to play, if I look at the rest of the notes. Please fix this. It looks like it might be an interesting game.

Pr Chris

[Post New]by JacklynD on Jan 10, 10 4:26 PM
I found the first mirror and the game has frozen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it took me right back to the same screen.

[Post New]by kpeny_ on Jan 10, 10 5:08 PM
I also had problems with the cursor, it wouldn't let me do nothing, Maybe they should fix this problem.

Go to: