nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

The hat trick

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 7, 10 5:30 PM
gigisusie wrote:Okay, the walkthrough says you take your hat with sand,so you can go back to the window, but of course as soon as you do that, the bamboo gate shuts -- no mention of how to get around this in the walk through.

Help

Once you solved the gear puzzle you opened a new way over the bridge. Use your map to get oriented. You can go to the bottom of the falls without using the double gate area. From there you can go to the column room and on to the tripod room and your way out.

Re:Welcome to The Fall Trilogy forum

[Post New]by GEMINICHICK on Feb 22, 10 12:53 AM
I down loaded the game a month ago and really enjoy it . I have passed all the puzzles...I think. I am on the aligning the mirrors and i am haveing some trouble i have 4 to go...can anyone give me some pointers please thank you

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Feb 28, 10 6:34 AM
A few minutes in this game i get the feeling of room escape, nice, i used to do those before i found BF. Like this game and i guess it wil be a buy.

monapool
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by monapool on Mar 7, 10 8:43 AM
You have to put the rock in the middle of the scales on the lower part of the scales. The gate will open.

monapool
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by monapool on Mar 7, 10 8:45 AM
GEMINICHICK wrote:I down loaded the game a month ago and really enjoy it . I have passed all the puzzles...I think. I am on the aligning the mirrors and i am haveing some trouble i have 4 to go...can anyone give me some pointers please thank you

monapool
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by monapool on Mar 7, 10 8:47 AM
I am having the same problem with aligning the mirrors. I have gone back several time to start from the tripod and get stuck every time. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

fred78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by fred78 on Mar 8, 10 7:29 AM
monapool wrote:I am having the same problem with aligning the mirrors. I have gone back several time to start from the tripod and get stuck every time. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to activate the "360 view" from the menu to solve the part with the mirrors. Couldn't see where the light was going in standard mode. Here's what I did: went to the tripod, sent the light beam to the room with the painting puzzle, and from there I used the 360 view to help following the beams. It takes a bit of time, but it's really easy to see where the beams are going this way! You just need to target the next mirror each time.

monapool
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by monapool on Mar 8, 10 12:06 PM
Thanks Fred but how do I get to 360 view?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 8, 10 1:16 PM
monapool wrote:Thanks Fred but how do I get to 360 view?

Go to options or settings and you will be given the choice.

fred78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by fred78 on Mar 9, 10 1:32 AM
monapool wrote:Thanks Fred but how do I get to 360 view?

Yep, it's in the options panel, which pops up when you are in the game and click the "menu" button, I checked, the option is called "360 Free View". I'm not a big fan of this option , but for this particular puzzle, it really helped! when the option is on, you need to push the left mouse button and move the mouse to change the view.

[Post New]by artpallet63 on Mar 18, 10 3:09 AM
PFC1 wrote:I am in the room with the Statue Niche in the wall and the locked gate on the left, I have the Hiatus, Shell and disk. I cannot use any item anywhere in the room and I cannot get out of this screen. I have exited the game to comment on this I don't think I will ever get this part. Can anyone help. On page 18 of the walk-through it says go to the double gate which I did, then it tells you, you will get another new task to find a statuette. If I have made a mistake somewhere, why can't I go back outside and check out the weighing scale room. Do I have to start again (for the third time), this is so frustrating I am about to give up, even though I have bought this game. Any comments or help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by artpallet63 on Mar 18, 10 3:10 AM
I am the same been stuck forever at the same stage as you.Any help would be appreciated

ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on May 7, 10 6:41 PM
I loved this game! The graphics were absolutely amazing!

Just one question: When is the next game coming out?

I give this game 5 out of 5!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 14, 10 2:59 AM
Hoped your comments would help me, wether to buy or not. I played the demo quite a long time ago, and can't remember wether I really liked it or not, the graphics, definitly a YES. All I remember is doing a lot of messing around, and was stuck sticking up stones to cross the gap (I didn't succeed !). So the big question remains, "to buy or not to buy ?"..............

[Post New]by AuntieJulie on Aug 15, 10 4:12 AM
Just finished playing this game and thought it was great - good graphics, really liked the 360 choice - on or off - and found it interesting enough that I had to keep playing to the end! For poor tired brains like mine I thought the puzzle options of normal or easy mode was great - much better than having to skip a puzzle which I don't like doing! The only downside for me was the length of play - it wasn't a very long game (sorry, can't remember how long it took but I finished it the same day so could only have been a couple of hours and I'm not the fastest of players!). I wouldn't let that stop you from getting it though - it's a great game.
Looking forward to part 2!

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Aug 22, 10 6:51 PM
Has the ability to be a good game but seems to short or maybe just to easy. I like the 360 degree view but wish the game had provided more of a challenge.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Oct 9, 10 6:50 AM
I don't usually give my reviews to games, but when I play a game and I enjoy it, and I feel that my 2 cents are worth, then, I do. I found this game very interesting, challenging, and fun. It is not easy, but it is not very difficult, either. This game is not for those people that don't like finding locations, but I like going around finding where this and that is, and I think it makes it intriguing, and it puts your brain into gears, trying to remember locations. I don't know what "The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2 is about and I will demo it and see. I hope that it is as much fun as this one. I will give this game . Happy gaming to those who liked it.

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 6:51:15 AM PST

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Oct 16, 10 11:44 PM
Whew!! This is more of an adventure game, and if you are directionally challenged like me, you will spend most of your time feeling totally lost. A "cheat" of clicking a location on the map to navigate from place to place would have helped me immensely. I spent a lot of time wandering.

That said, with the walkthrough I was able to navigate where I needed to go. The walkthrough was particularly helpful in positioning mirrors. Without that assistance, I would not have been able to finish the game.

I purchased the game, but I still don't know if I liked it or not. This was definitely a brain stretch for me, and I am clapping for myself for finishing it!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 18, 10 3:22 PM
tried this game some time ago and couldn't for the life of me remember why i opted out... so i DL'ed the demo to my laptop to find out!

FLASHES

so i immediately hopped out of there... and i am wondering if part two will have the same annoying and possibly sanity threatening visual effect - ???

that was the initial reason i took a look at this one in the first place...

maybe this line of games isn't for me and my seizure-addled self

[Post New]by kagome25 on Oct 22, 10 1:24 AM
i already played the second chapter of this game and i enjoyed it.. it's different from the first all because we are in a modern building with different rooms and accessories.

the puzzles are also different and they make the game very captivating. i loved the chemistry lab, it reminded me my highschool days.

i recommend you playing this game.

see you later

Go to: