Re:Welcome to Mary Kay Andrews: The Fixer Upper forum

[Post New]by snooze12 on Jan 17, 10 3:06 PM
After the animal hospital minigame, you are supposed to go to the attorneys office. When I click on it, the game closes. It's done this 3 times. Is there a solution?

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jan 17, 10 5:06 PM
played the game it was ok.don;t think i will get this one today,maybe on a rainy day .when the ponds dry.its cute and fun,

[Post New]by idabea72 on Jan 18, 10 12:38 PM
[i]I had a problem with it running slow and was wondering if they will fix that. If not I wouldn't recomend buying it. They really need to work longer on some of these games cause there are quiet a few that run slow like this one.

jjjogram
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jjjogram on Jan 18, 10 9:37 PM
I liked this game, it was a good HOG, and the fixer upper part was cute - but the ending was awful ! it just abruptly stopped, & no follow up on the fixer upper part - i was very disappointed

[Post New]by sitnspit on Jan 20, 10 7:13 PM
It keeps shutting down on me & I have to start all over again. This is getting annoying!

[Post New]by nildancer on Jan 20, 10 7:52 PM
I agree with one of the statements that this game is one of the worst I have played. It just ends when you are really getting going. I would not have purchased this game if I had known that after a couple of hours play, it just ends. At least most of the hidden games take several days to complete, but this one was over in less than 2 hours.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jan 24, 10 3:52 PM
Very easy HOG. Played half an hour to give it a chance. Not my kind of game. No challenge and so easy it's boring. Definitely not a buy for me. But I can see where a lot of people would enjoy this game.

[Post New]by drpepperkid1983 on Jan 25, 10 6:21 PM
I had the same problem that after I played the demo I bought the full version and it didnt save. Then I played the game for a couple hours and my computer came unplugged and shut off then when I went to play the game again it didnt save it again....anyone else with this problem???I am pissed!!!

[Post New]by 5jsplayer on Jan 28, 10 10:23 AM
can you earn more hints?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 28, 10 1:46 PM
In every scene there is a small round blue house symbol. Each one you click on gives you one hint. If you have 5 hints when you click on it, you can't collect it. 5 is the max you can have at any one time.

DRG_Ben
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by DRG_Ben on Jan 29, 10 7:34 AM
drpepperkid1983 wrote:I had the same problem that after I played the demo I bought the full version and it didnt save. Then I played the game for a couple hours and my computer came unplugged and shut off then when I went to play the game again it didnt save it again....anyone else with this problem???I am pissed!!!

This has often been a case of DirectX needing to be updated from what we've seen so far. You can find DirectX on Microsofts site. Give that a try and let us know if it helps you.

[Post New]by MissFloob on Jan 30, 10 8:30 PM
I am extremely disappointed with this game. After the free trial, it completely falls apart in terms of playing and plot. My pet peeve: the text is full of typos; ordinarily, if I encounter a lot of these in the demo, I don't buy the game, but the demo portion was edited perfectly. Really too bad, because the demo was fun.

lisslar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lisslar on Jan 31, 10 6:06 PM
I'm pretty heartbroken and I feel like I wasted my money- BIG TIME. The game only lasts about 6 or so days, and in the last three days the story is completely rushed so that events are totally disconnected from what you've been informed of so far. I really want to read the book now, because it sounds remotely interesting, but I'm totally ticked right now with BFG for the first time ever.

I definitely had to restart after installing the full version, as in - start the game from the beginning - in all it took me about three hours to finish the game. There's hardly any additional scenes, you just keep searching the first few areas for objects and their are a couple of really really lame minigames - and worst of all, there's no resolution with anything except the criminal charges against her?! You don'teven know if she finishes working on the stupid house! I was totally oin love with this game, and then BOOM. THE END

I want to read the book! Is she gonna be a douchecanoe and kick out the old broad? Is she dating Tee? Did she try to shtupp her boss? Why does her dad look three years older than her and her mom looks almost 60 years old? Why doesn't she want Ella Kate to call her mom, her MOM? Is she going to stay in the small town or head back to DC? I spent 10 years in Richmond VA and I don't know of any boarding schools there! I NO LONGER KNOW WHAT I AM YELLING ABOUT!

[Post New]by laurag12363 on Feb 2, 10 9:47 PM
What were they thinking when they made this game? The storyline is jumpy, there is no flow to it, and this is supposed to be a game not a badly done movie. We don't even get to finish fixing the house. Why oh why did I buy this one??

[Post New]by Tmyers526 on Feb 5, 10 11:35 PM
The only real problem I had with the game was the end. It stops so abruptly! You don't even see the resolution of the confrontation with Hodder, the house isn't finished, Ella Kate is still living in the house. There wasn't even anything to hint that it would be continued. All of a sudden -- The End.

SGOLDSAC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by SGOLDSAC on Feb 16, 10 5:07 PM
totalduchess wrote:I have to agree the "talking" was boring and inane as well. I finished the game only I was surprised when it sait "The End" whats up with the ending. It is a boring game, quick and easy, at least for me it was easy, I got through the entire game in about two hours, and that was with breaks to deal with the dog. Not a game I would recommend purchasing.

SGOLDSAC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by SGOLDSAC on Feb 16, 10 5:09 PM
SGOLDSAC wrote:
totalduchess wrote:I have to agree the "talking" was boring and inane as well. I finished the game only I was surprised when it sait "The End" whats up with the ending. It is a boring game, quick and easy, at least for me it was easy, I got through the entire game in about two hours, and that was with breaks to deal with the dog. Not a game I would recommend purchasing.

I thought when it said "the end" it was idiotic. It was a bit mindless but I enjoyed the HOG however having said that I was not expecting it to just stop. I didn't get past day 4 of what was supposed to be a week. I send a question to tech support to see if in fact there was some kind of error.

[Post New]by carlyrb on Feb 17, 10 12:18 AM
Stuck in the attic, trying to find a single piece of chandelier, even though I have a '0' at the bottom, and all other parts found. Any ideas team? aaarrgghhh!

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Mar 10, 10 8:55 AM
Hello
I like this game but cant seem to get out of the basement. Cant seem to find last problem.
It is a good game, but very frustrating at times, like the demo I am stuck in the basement. LOL

[Post New]by Heademup on Apr 16, 10 11:22 AM
snooze12 wrote:After the animal hospital minigame, you are supposed to go to the attorneys office. When I click on it, the game closes. It's done this 3 times. Is there a solution?

The same thing happens to me. I really like the game. I find it relaxing when I do not want to overtax my brain!!! I hope it gets fixed or already has been - any body no????

Go to: