Ellerhoff
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Heroes of Hellas 2: Olympia comments and reviews

[Post New]by Ellerhoff on Jan 21, 10 2:34 PM
I really enjoyed the first adventures, but eventho' I play the easy game the timer I find irritating. Yes, I'm one of the oldies. I like the variety of the games, the graphics & the match 3 format. I could use a freeze for the timer or its elimination.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 22, 10 6:17 AM
Love, love, love this game !!!
As soon as the trial period was over, I was off to purchase this game, and was addicted instantly.
I personally think this is another game, that has it all, I love the little people and do my best to make their lives better..lol!!
There are difficulty levels, to choose from, so even with a timer, you can choose what level suits your own personal needs, so I think the developers did a great job trying to please everyone, with this game.
I do not like match 3 games that have timers, with know option to choose the difficulty level, and than you are stuck with a game that you can never finish.
This match 3 is not like that at all, as a matter of fact, I usually get master or expert after playing a round, and that builds my confidence and makes me feel good :-)
Plus you never get bored, this game is very involved, in many aspects, so I give it ..love this type of match 3!!
Please don't disregard this game because of the timer, just try it and I think you will be surprised at just how good you are at match 3's :-)
Happy gaming everyone out

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Jan 24, 10 7:53 AM
I have to admit I had not purchased a match 3 game in a long while. This one has the variety and detail that I look for in a game. I purchased immediately after the demo. I like that if you die the level just restarts. I don't have to go back to the very beguinning of the game and start all over. Nice addition with the puzzles levels and mini games. It all works very well together. GREAT job!

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Feb 4, 10 7:21 PM
What a fun game! The puzzles drove me wild - so glad there were spoilers! I never played the first one, but it reminds me of Cradle of Rome - my all-time favorite match 3 game. I also usually buy HOGs, but love variety. Good job BF!

drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Feb 7, 10 7:11 PM
Love match 3 games and tried this one out and in less than 15 minutes, I bought it. Very well made game and excited to play it more. I agree, we need more match 3 and time managment games. Hidden object games are okay but they kind of wear on you(get tired of them) Thumbs up , awesome game

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 9, 10 12:22 PM
I've been playing this game for over 11 hours now (not all in a row ) and I still have quite a few levels left to go. Great game!

[Post New]by Kings_Kongs on Feb 10, 10 9:27 AM
Great graphic, and compared with other games of the same genre, this game has more depth. I love this game.

scrpbkr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by scrpbkr on Feb 11, 10 12:41 PM
I normally don't purchase Match games because I find them to be a bit repetitive and boring, however, I am pleasantly surprised with this one. It is challenging enough as you get to the higher levels. I also like that based on your progress, you get to build a city and have new citizens move in. I also like that you can use special powers by different gods to help you solve the puzzle. The sounds are great and the minigames are also good (although I bit easy). I highly recommend this game if you like Match games. I bought it after the trial and I was hooked.

[Post New]by BaloogaWhale on Mar 6, 10 2:57 PM
I liked this game, I went by to fast, was worth it. I wish BF would offer more match 3.

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Mar 15, 10 9:05 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
pratchettfan777 wrote:
rumtmtiger wrote:Bought this a couple of weeks ago on another site. Definely worth the money!!! I loved it. Let's have MORE match 3 games. I am really tired of hidden object games.

Ditto for both comments !

Veto, Veto, Veto!!! - now, when BF conjoined PF, all match-3 and dashes can pass to PF, and leave here the HOGs, Adventures, and IHOGS...thus nobody will vent, and everybody will be happy...

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Mar 15, 10 9:07 PM
Rebecca....what is PF? Is that a new site that BF started?

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Mar 19, 10 5:00 PM
A good match 3 game. Fun graphics and the match 3 sessions go quickly. I enjoy getting new heroes to help with difficult spots on the match 3 play. It's fun to design the city, guard the gates and watch 'my people' build my palace. All in all a very good game. My problem is that when I play too much match 3 my arm and shoulder really bother me. Could be ergonomics, not sure, but once it flares up it takes several weeks to simmer back down. This game, although good, is not great and not worth the pain that follows, so it's a no buy for me. But Match 3 lovers will want to add this one to their collection!

[Post New]by maxx_1 on Mar 29, 10 7:59 PM
I cannot get thru level 8-12, anyone have any suggestions. I cannot get the locket to fall to bottom. Help

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Mar 31, 10 7:55 AM
maxx, you might try reading through the discussions in this forum to see if you can find a solution. If not there, please describe the level to me and I will see if I can help you. I think it is the level with the row of coins with an arrow on top in the middle and monoliths all around so you can't get to it, but I'm not sure. You can also PM me with a question and I will try to help you.

[Post New]by santae34 on Apr 11, 10 10:53 AM
Please i need help on 7-14, i do love this game, but i am stuck 'big time'. think i do not have enough defense, incidentally, how does one gain defense? wish there were more M3's on the same level as this one, it doesn't seem like a kiddie game. thank anyone for any info on the 7-14 level.

[Post New]by santae34 on Apr 12, 10 8:15 AM
It is the one that has 4 monoliths down the center, then four down there is a space, then a row of double ropes. There is one space and then after that there are 5 monoliths. Below that are the feathers, with the 'wing man' at the very bottom.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Apr 13, 10 12:59 PM
santae, when you have the herme's wings (the big wings), it is best to try and get those first, then other areas of the game will open up for you.
The defense thing is what you do in the main city screen (where all the people are running around). You click build and the options for what you can build should come up. Select the one with the shield in it (assuming you have enough coins) and your defense should improve. This doesn't make any difference in the levels though.

[Post New]by disneygirl01 on Apr 18, 10 11:50 PM
Hello Everyone.
OMG, This game is so addicting... LOL
It's like my night cap. I play every night before
I go to sleep. It's also like a sleeping aide.
I would like to find more games like this one.
Not the kids stuff how ever. I already played
the first one for ever,
Is there a spell check on this? I could probably
use it about now
LOL...Take Care All and Be well
Nite!
Dis,

[Post New]by theothora on Jul 27, 10 6:13 AM
After playing Luxor which is the most torturous game I have ever played and a complete waste of money I am now playing heroes of Hellas 2 Olympia. Wonderful. This is a true game. A real pleasure to play. If you get stuck you can always skip, which is what a game should be. Thoroughly recommend it

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 8, 10 10:36 PM
A very nice and enjoyable game that is well made. I thought it was a little too easy but there are so many extras in this game, it's nice to kill time by anyway. Of course there is a Greek God theme, you are clearing puzzles and in turn, building a city - there are tons of various bonuses. This game is similar to Simplz Zoo, except I liked Zoo better as it is much more challenging. Each time you get one of the particular gods to help you, you get to do a mini game. I only got to do the first one in the time of the demo but it was a hidden object game where you had to find pieces of items and then place them back into the scenes. In the matching puzzles (this is not standard match 3 - this is one of those draw the connecting lines from piece to piece types), various gods can give you different bonuses. You often have to allow a locket to fall to the bottom of the screen or release jewels that are entrapped in the puzzle. You can tell a lot of time went into this game and it comes with bonuses, such as free wallpaper for each god you unlock. If this is the sort of game you enjoy, then this one is definitely a winner.

Go to: