mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Welcome to Penny Dreadfuls™ Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition forum

[Post New]by mirror75 on Jan 14, 10 11:54 AM
Had the same cursor problems, had to click above everything. Some things would take several clicks in the same place for no particular reason.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Jan 14, 10 12:10 PM
Feistey5 wrote:I agree with most of the comments on the graphics and the sounds but have also found the cursor very jittery, actually had to point it above each item!

i have had the very same problem. unless my cursor is above some of the items, i get the little red X. i've only played for 15 minutes. because of this issue, i will not purchase the game until there is a fix.

dkv64
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by dkv64 on Jan 14, 10 1:17 PM
mirror75 wrote:Had the same cursor problems, had to click above everything. Some things would take several clicks in the same place for no particular reason.

same exact problem for me.

glascot
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by glascot on Jan 14, 10 1:41 PM
Have had this game for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it, think it was worth the money more so than EAP. I have been playing almost non stop as I do not want to be the worst policeman in London. The chapters do get longer but I love the way they get a check mark on the map when you are done in a certain area. This game was not too hard and not too easy the graphics were great I have a Windows 7 computer with an HD wide screen monitor and have had no problems. Once I figured out to click on the item on the list that I was stuck on and not the hint button I was on my way. Decent length game even when you skip the talking, singing etc., which I did after the first time.

Everyone has their own tastes so some will like it and some will not, the graphics reminded me of RTR and DG and I wondered if the people who developed it used to work for Big Fish LOL.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 14, 10 2:29 PM
OLDBAY wrote:I love Surf & Turf ,..

Hey Oldbay, I adjusted both the brightness and contrast down and it helped on the graphics. But the clicking problem is still there. Maybe the'll fix it before the reg version comes out. Have already decided not to do the CE thing again.

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 14, 10 2:44 PM
Great game. No clicking problems. Running XP. Computer has an old graphics card and I have not updated the driver in a long time. - But I do have 3 gig RAM and have not had ANY clicking problems, display problems, or game play problems that did not actually originate from a game bug - and only one of those.

Everyone's computer equipment is SO different that it is very hard for a developer to produce a game that works for everyone. Increasing the RAM (now really cheap, by the way) seems to even out the bumps. Any computer shop will help upgrade this easily.

Cuddle

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 14, 10 3:14 PM
I wasn't sure I would like this but I must say I enjoyed the hour immensely! Nice graphics, interesting puzzles, hilarious dialogue...when you try and use an inventory object somewhere you shouldn't, you get told off sometimes quite rudely, which made me laugh so much I lost precious trial time!

This will be a definite buy for me but not just yet. I'm saving my credit to buy Mortimer Beckett, which is due on the 20th. Just hope BFG will have it!!

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Jan 14, 10 3:26 PM
Thanks for the demo big fish, a must buy when regular version is available.

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Jan 14, 10 4:16 PM
I am a sucker for these type games, grabbed me from the get go had to have it, I just know someday they will use me for a heroine in one of these CE games <weg>.

I also bought MCFDG & EAP CE editions. Was not disappointed there and yes there could be this nit pic over certain things with each, but over all was well worth it for me so no nit pic from me, I think it has all been said and then some.

Music perfect, graphics fantastic, loved the voices, everything about it was a winner for me. Everyone has different taste's, I always come to the forums to view them but with that being said I go with my gut instinct on each game and what works for me.

Times are tough I here that a lot but anything that gives you this much pleasure and takes you away from it all even for a little while is worth giving up something else to me. I also look at the replay value and all the CE's I have Purchased have that .

Kudo's to BF for bringing the good ones to us. I so remember the days when all games were this price that I seen and then I found BF and thought it was a little piece of heaven (flapping wings) yeah I know nothing is perfect but in the world we live in I love the escape. I know I could have waited but like I said the games grabbed me from the beginning and would not let me go (I'm inncoent I tell YOU) wonder if Hubby will BUY that LOL. (If not lots of back scratches ahead for me)

Just a little fish in the BIG pond with hooked on GREAT game scales attached <giggling>

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 14, 10 4:27 PM
cll1950 wrote:
OLDBAY wrote:I love Surf & Turf ,..

Hey Oldbay, I adjusted both the brightness and contrast down and it helped on the graphics. But the clicking problem is still there. Maybe the'll fix it before the reg version comes out. Have already decided not to do the CE thing again.
Had the cursor worked I wouldn't have wasted 20 min clicking on that damn paper , !!! Need I say anymore ? Don't get me started ..I really wanted it to be a good game , if at had been working ,,I probably would of spent the

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Jan 14, 10 4:47 PM
I must be haing a very bad day. This is the 2nd game I've tried today and been bored to tears. Oh well. Can't win them all.
I guess if we all like dthe same there would not be any variety of choice. As the saying goes 'Variety is the Spice of Life'.

Enjoy the game but for me it's

Snags2

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Jan 14, 10 4:49 PM
Boy, that was quick. I beta tested this one and it was only a little while ago, thought I'd have to wait ages.....really liked the game.

The dialogue was great, and had me laughing at some of the comments. I'm an ex Brit, and hence understood the odd phrase/item name. I haven't downloaded the trial but am wondering if they kept that in? Did anyone run into bangers?

What I saw of the story line, was great, graphics great and no problems running at all. It's a definite buy for me, but alas I'm going to have to wait for the 'regular' version, since I'm all cashed out!! I purchased Dire Grove and the Poe special editions and am not sorry at all that I did. Dire Grove deserved $20.00 just for the graphics alone.

So , don't wait too too long to release the regular version..........please, pretty please!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 14, 10 5:33 PM
I played the demo and it is a good game but I will wait for the $6.99 version. I am so glad BF listed what the extras are in the walkthrough. It seems like you don’t get anything in the extras that you wouldn’t get from just playing the game a second time.

Acording to the walkthrough here is what the $14 extras include:

You can replay any of the hidden object scenes in the game and the game will keep track of your time and you can try to beat your best time.

You can replay any of the puzzles you played during the game but the solutions are always the same for these puzzles.

You can watch different scenes in the game.

You have access to a folder that contains the songs from the game.

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 5:34:06 PM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jan 14, 10 6:38 PM
Enjoying the game so far and no problems with the game. Like others have said, I am not that fussed on the hint system where you click an item on the list and it gets crossed off. If I have spent 5 minutes looking for the item I want to know where it was hiding darn it. Other thing I found strange..... at the end of a H.O screen it says you have found such n such item and it goes into the inventory. What is strange to me is the item I have "found" wasn't even on my list of things to be found. Otherwise it's a great game for me.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 14, 10 6:48 PM
MsFreddie wrote:What is strange to me is the item I have "found" wasn't even on my list of things to be found.

There are 2 "lists": a list of evidences to be found in the chapter (written in the left of the **** list, and the regular **** list. Thus, if you find some of the evidences, it is added to the second list. When you find all the evidences, you pass to another chapter, even if you still have in your inventory object for use.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Jan 14, 10 7:13 PM
Thank you Rebeca I didn't realise that.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jan 14, 10 7:47 PM
This message is for bfgflounder. I liked the game, but it really brothers me that in one of the hidden object scenes it was asking to find England. I did not find England. I found Great Britian instead. I am from Scotland and WE ARE NOT ENGLISH. It is a different country. Sorry for speaking out, but it's the same as calling America,Canada.Different countries.England, Scotland and Wales are three countries. Thank you

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Jan 14, 10 8:29 PM
Way To Go BF !!!! I like the fact that you have given us the option to try the game first. I just finished playing the demo and I must say I really enjoyed it. I am definitely buying this game. I am just not sure if its worse the 19.95 price or 6.99. The graphics are great. The storyline is interesting and the operatic music and songs are really good. The game its self has enough of a challenge to keep me interested.Even the HOG are good.And that's saying a lot from me. So far I have not used the walkthrough and I am playing in the challenging mode. I am not too sure about the hint system. It just deletes the object from the list but it doesn't tell you where it is. Hmmm. I am still at the fence about buying it. Although I did read somewhere that it will count as 3 games on my game card. Thinking about it.

All in all I give it

More later

Edited on 01/14/2010 at 8:36:39 PM PST

oinka
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by oinka on Jan 14, 10 11:40 PM
I bought the collector's version for Dire Grove.

The "perks" they offered for the extra money really weren't worth the price.

I will wait for the regular version of this game.

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Jan 15, 10 12:12 AM
jboliver1999 wrote:I am so happy that BFG has this game. I tried it elsewhere and loved it. The only part I didn't like was in the hidden object part, clicking on the hint only took it off the list and you never find the item. Other than that, it is worth the extra.

Go to: