Re:Questions about Dire Grove answered by BFG

[Post New]by grandmutter on Aug 16, 10 12:34 PM
I got to the end of the game with the relics, and have no sunflower seeds. I had put the coins in the vending machine, but never got the seeds. Now I am stuck at the game's end and don't know what to do. I went back to look again for more coins, but put three into the machine. I did them as I collected them, not all at once. Would that have made a difference?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 19, 10 7:26 PM
That wouldn't make a difference. Been a while since I played, but I believe you need to pull (click) on the button for the seeds. It won't vend automatically.

[Post New]by WhiteBubba on Feb 3, 11 4:50 PM
Jettepet wrote:I am stuck. I need the potato chips from the hunting lodge. Trouble is, the hidden pictures puzzle never loads. So I can't get them to give to the wolf. I've tried to follow the walk-through.

Also, I never got the "Felix Puzzle" from the museum office. It wasn't there unless I missed a step in the walk-through. I've tried the game on 2 different names tho, so I have 2 games going and this is the place I've gotten stuck on both of them.

These 2 places are where I"m stuck and I can't go forward in the game unless I get them I guess.

I am having the same problem..no matter how many times I try I just cant get the chips to come up. Anybody got any anwsers?

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 4:53:54 PM PST

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 4, 11 12:07 AM
Hey WhiteBubba!

Which version are you playing? The chips (as well as the rabbit head) are one of the extra features in the Collector's Edition and they aren't supposed to come up in the Standard Version. Their only purpose is to lead the player to a tangent bonus area, so you can skip this task (no matter which version you're playing) and it will have absolutely no effect on the actual game.

Good luck!

[Post New]by Magnolia52 on Feb 12, 11 3:24 PM
I posted on the "Collection Edition of Dire Grove" and that was a mistake. I love the game but have a problem in that I don't get the morphing items. I bought Dire Grove as a two game pack and wonder if that is why the Mysterious Morphing objects don't appear. Also, the second time you need to go to the lodge there is supposed to be a hidden object game at the fireplace and you need to pick up some potatoe chips. That hidden object game does not appear. That means that later I don't have the chips when I need them. Can anyone help.
Thank you

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 13, 11 2:45 AM
Welcome to the pond, flipsing & Magnolia!

Flipsing: To solve this puzzle, you need to look at your crime computer (where you played the video tapes) to see how the relics should be arranged on the stone wall. The placement is random for each game, and the journal gives an example of one possible solution.

Magnolia: The morphing objects, potato chips, and rabbit head are all extras in the Collector's Edition. They're just tangent bonus features, so you can simply skip these tasks and it will have no effect on properly completing the game ... I'm unfamiliar with the 2-Game pack, so I can't tell you if you were supposed to get the Collector's Edition versus the Standard Version, but if you feel like you should have the CE and got ripped off (or something), I suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking the on the right side of the page.

Good luck to both of you!!!

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 2:46:11 AM PST

[Post New]by Melatonine on Apr 2, 11 11:21 PM
Hello, I have a problem with the bottle of mercury; it doesn't fit in the hole.

[Post New]by Melatonine on Apr 2, 11 11:35 PM
Oeps, I already know what whent wrong; I forgot to hit the thermometer with the hammer

ByCracky
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ByCracky on Apr 3, 11 8:55 AM
dreherg wrote:
boredaccnt wrote:I cannot seem to get past the wolf. I have tried the frozen meat. ALso I cannot lift the grate to get the showshoes in the basement of the store. Nor can I reach the coin behind the grate in the graveyard.

I am at a standstill now and cannot get anywhere and the hint button in the game does not do anything.

Thaw the meat in the microwave in the basement.
You are on your way.

[Post New]by Tricia1964 on Jun 9, 11 3:47 PM
Anybody out there. lol I need help. I'm at the Relic Puzzle and put everything into place, but it is not lighting up. Grrrrrr Am I missing a step? Thanks

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jun 11, 11 11:46 PM
Welcome to the pond, Tricia!

Make sure you're copying the pattern from your crime computer (and its 4x4 grid of video tapes). The solution is random, so getting it from your journal or a strategy guide won't be any help.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Jul 9, 11 2:38 PM
After reading the walkthrough, I found out that I chopped the wood and started the fire TOO SOON. That means that I can't get the cell phone charger, and that means I can't finish the game. Is there anything I can do now, or do I have to start the game all over?

TigerToy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TigerToy on Dec 3, 11 8:03 PM
I am stuck stuck stuck. I got the kerosene from the store, but when I went to fill the lamp it was gone. Really gone, I used the back and forth arrows on my inventory and it's just. Gone. Have been back to the store, the basement, the museum, the farm, everywhere multiple times and can't figure out where the kerosene went. Help? Please? Thanks in advance...

Thanks newcomer for info on the mercury.. Could not and never would have found it.

[Post New]by millie143 on Dec 12, 11 7:10 AM
Beth8 wrote:I'm stuck. I have the ashes and i'm down with the ice lady. I don't know what to put for the clue word to get the ashes to be accepted. Help!

[Post New]by carbesse on Jan 12, 12 5:17 PM
dreherg wrote:
boredaccnt wrote:I cannot seem to get past the wolf. I have tried the frozen meat. ALso I cannot lift the grate to get the showshoes in the basement of the store. Nor can I reach the coin behind the grate in the graveyard.

I am at a standstill now and cannot get anywhere and the hint button in the game does not do anything.

[Post New]by maggien35 on Jan 31, 12 4:45 PM
All my relics disappeared I was at the ruins and had all of them I couldn't figure out how to use them. So I shut my game off. Tried again next day and they where all gone?? So now what do I do??

[Post New]by Lordflashheart on Jun 18, 12 6:09 AM
Please could you tell me what the name of the prequel game is to this. Apparently this is a lead on from a previous game. Could you tell me which game please. Thank you

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jun 18, 12 6:25 AM
I cant figure out what prequel means, I belive you mean earlier games?

If so,

check out
- Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst

-Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst

Hope this helps, there is also the latest

--Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst

Edited on 06/18/2012 at 6:26:44 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 18, 12 8:59 AM
prequel - game immediately before
sequel - game immediately after.

Return to Ravenhearst was the prequel to Dire Grove.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jun 19, 12 7:32 AM
Thanks for that Mr.Russ, I did try google translator but only got the same word in Norwegian. Well..they are not the best hm... lol

Go to: