Re:Welcome to Green Moon forum

[Post New]by jennifred71 on Jan 31, 10 10:26 AM
REALLY liked this game. Very challenging -- needed the walkthrough in several places. I love the obscure pictures in the scenery that give "clues," the fact that you have to remember where you've seen objects to use later in the game, and the feeling of independence in playing. I bought before I even finished the trial run.
VERY grateful for the walkthrough, LOL.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Jan 31, 10 2:20 PM
After I visited the Ruins, I time travelled back to the house to collect the jacket, sword and hat. But there was no jacket. I looked around every scene in the game figuring maybe I picked it up and dropped it elsewhere but nothing. No jacket to be found. Where did my jacket go? I started a new game to see if it was there, and it was. I don't want to have to start the game all over again. Is there anyway to find the jacket?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 3, 10 12:49 PM
reddleman wrote:After I visited the Ruins, I time travelled back to the house to collect the jacket, sword and hat. But there was no jacket. I looked around every scene in the game figuring maybe I picked it up and dropped it elsewhere but nothing. No jacket to be found. Where did my jacket go? I started a new game to see if it was there, and it was. I don't want to have to start the game all over again. Is there anyway to find the jacket?

Its possible you are already wearing it. Pick up the sword and hat put them on and continue on to the spot where they are used to see if it worked.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 4, 10 1:30 PM
Now I'm stuck in the Wild West. I ran out of gold coins to give to the cowboy so how do I restore it so I can try again to win the bullet?

Katysmom1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Katysmom1 on Feb 4, 10 1:46 PM
Help. I have made the vinegar,clock, mouse whisker, brown glass, iron, garnet, copper shot, formula. Drank it and nothing happened. Now it won't accept a re-do and the note is gone in the back yard. The glass container has pink liquid and when I drink it it says something about tasting like sodium something.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 4, 10 10:15 PM
You can redo it by clicking on menu and then quit. Don't click save the game. By clicking quit it will do an autosave. Click load game and then click autosave and it will take you back one step before the formula step.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 5, 10 10:26 AM
I'm stuck in the wild west. How do they expect you to shoot the glasses when the damn thing moves around too much. Is there a trick to this? And why doesn't anyone help anyone in this forum? No one responds to the questions asked. So why is this forum even here when you can't get any help.

HorseMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HorseMama on Feb 5, 10 11:50 PM
reddleman wrote:I'm stuck in the wild west. How do they expect you to shoot the glasses when the damn thing moves around too much. Is there a trick to this? And why doesn't anyone help anyone in this forum? No one responds to the questions asked. So why is this forum even here when you can't get any help.

HorseMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HorseMama on Feb 5, 10 11:55 PM
What I did on shooting the glasses is I aimed between two glasses - did not try for the ones on the ends and waited until the crosshairs were at the general level of the glasses. Worked good for me.

HorseMama
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HorseMama on Feb 6, 10 12:17 AM
wlfsm8ak wrote:no problem downloading game. i just wanted to say that i thought its the best game ive played in a long time.
it made you use your mind, the puzzles were very good, grafics were out of this world.
i will play any games these desiners make.
keep of the good work

I have played the "Big Games" from this site (Return to Ravenhearst, Dire Straits, Sweeny Todd) took a chance on this one and I absolutely LOVED this game. It is my number ONE favorite game. I would like to know if there are comparable games on the list now as I am a newbie

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 6, 10 5:57 AM
reddleman wrote:I'm stuck in the wild west. How do they expect you to shoot the glasses when the damn thing moves around too much. Is there a trick to this? And why doesn't anyone help anyone in this forum? No one responds to the questions asked. So why is this forum even here when you can't get any help.

I have to take issue with your statement of "no one responds to the question". If you look at the forum it is full of posts of people answering questions. I personally responded to one of your earlier questions.

There are no full time "employees" watching the forum 24 hours a day. Sometimes the volunteer who might be able to answer your question just isn't on the forum at that time.

You can sometimes get an answer right away if you are willing to spend the time scrolling the forum and looking. It only takes a few minutes to scan the threads looking for a particular topic. For instance your "unanswered" question concerning shooting the glasses and getting more gold had been answered twice already under easily found threads.

Edit: Actually answered four times. Twice under threads clearly titled as the shooting game and twice under threads titled "gold coins"

Edited on 02/06/2010 at 6:37:09 AM PST

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 6, 10 12:25 PM
Thank you, nwl43. My apologies. I never looked under those threads. This game can be frustrating at times and the walkthroughs tell you what you need to do to complete the task but not what you need to do to successfully complete the task. Like in the Wild West task where you have to shoot the glasses. The walkthrough just tells you that you need to shoot the glasses to receive the bullet. Not how to successfully shoot the glasses. Thanks to this forum, now I can approach the shooting of the glasses at a different angle. I had to repeat this task ten times so far and I'm tired of having to go back to autosave and start all over again. Since this is a hard task to complete, the game should have an unlimited amount of coins you can give the cowboy so you don't have to quit the game then go back to autosave.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 6, 10 2:16 PM
reddleman wrote:Thank you, nwl43. My apologies. I never looked under those threads. This game can be frustrating at times and the walkthroughs tell you what you need to do to complete the task but not what you need to do to successfully complete the task. Like in the Wild West task where you have to shoot the glasses. The walkthrough just tells you that you need to shoot the glasses to receive the bullet. Not how to successfully shoot the glasses. Thanks to this forum, now I can approach the shooting of the glasses at a different angle. I had to repeat this task ten times so far and I'm tired of having to go back to autosave and start all over again. Since this is a hard task to complete, the game should have an unlimited amount of coins you can give the cowboy so you don't have to quit the game then go back to autosave.

I don't know how far back you have to go and how much replay you have to do with autosave, but this might be easier. Save the game under your current profile name just before you enter the saloon. If you lose the game, click menu and choose load game. Choose the correct profile and click OK. This instantly takes you back to the saloon door ready to play the game again. I did it this way to begin with instead of trying for the gold coins.

Edited on 02/06/2010 at 2:17:51 PM PST

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 6, 10 2:57 PM
Thanks. I'll try that.

spruella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by spruella on Feb 6, 10 3:28 PM
WTF was that?! LOL!! I just finished playing green moon..and NEVER have I EVER played a game that had me so confuzzled..I completed the game, never knowing what the heck was going on. I still even upon completion have no idea what so ever as to why I did the things I did or even have a slightest hint at the story line, as there was no front story or anything,it just started with me standing in a living room. very wierd and bizzarre game, with no meaning, no story, just wierd.

on another note, i love bf games.

Edited on 02/06/2010 at 3:33:52 PM PST

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 6, 10 9:01 PM
HorseMama wrote:What I did on shooting the glasses is I aimed between two glasses - did not try for the ones on the ends and waited until the crosshairs were at the general level of the glasses. Worked good for me.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 6, 10 9:04 PM
I did what you said HorseMama and it worked. Thanks.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Feb 6, 10 9:07 PM
What am I suppose to do at the swamp after I visited the witch?

[Post New]by cougar72971 on Feb 7, 10 11:57 AM
WOW...I just finished. LOVED the game. Keeps the brain wondering and working. For the first couple of "tasks" I had to use the walkthrough just to know what I was doing, after that it just took some reading of the book and remember things that was found.

I found that if I skimmed over the words in the book, I couldn't understand it. But if I read the book and used some thinking power, I could figure out what they wanted and where.

Anymore games like this???? I'm ready :-)

If you liked this game, you may like the Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express.. or..Mushroom Age. I've played these 2 as well and loved them and the green moon reminded me of these 2.

[Post New]by cougar72971 on Feb 7, 10 11:59 AM
reddleman wrote:What am I suppose to do at the swamp after I visited the witch?

did you already get the wolf tooth?....after that, then the dino scale?

Go to: