Shilom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews- Million Dollar Quest

[Post New]by Shilom on Jan 25, 10 11:03 AM
Just finished my free trial and am so tempted to buy this but I cannot buy anymore this month. I might use a credit next month on it. I really like the variety of this as well as the storyline. It is a nice mix of hidden objects, puzzles, finding differences and so on. I love games that have a nice variety, keeps it interesting and fun!

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Jan 25, 10 11:08 AM
[b] Thought it was a fun game. Some of the puzzle's I had to skip. It took me about 6 hour's to play. Felt I got my money's worth. Don't think I've tried Mushroom Age. Going to look that up. Alway's enjoy good HOG's.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jan 25, 10 11:29 AM
I was excited when I realized that the same people who made this game also made Mushroom age and Dream Sleuth. (and Mysteryville, which I bought from the store). I knew it would be one that I would purchase.
I enjoy these games. Graphics are good, and so far the puzzles aren't too puzzling, plus I like the story line.

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jan 25, 10 12:25 PM
Thanks for the posts saying that it is like Mushroom Age!
Loved that one and does anyone know if there is a
Mushroom Age 2 coming out? I will be DL this one now.
Thanks for the info.

Prissi
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Prissi on Jan 25, 10 12:47 PM
This game is far too easy. It's quite predictable, and not in a good way. There are far too many interruptions; however, you can click through them.

But I think the greatest peeve I have with this game is that it contains too much "busy work," or too many meaningless tasks. You are literally forced to take baby steps in order to get through the game.

I quite enjoyed the challenging puzzles in Safecracker, MCF: RTR or MCF: Madame Fate, (these last two, to me, represent the pinnacle in recent casual gaming). But lately most games, it seems, make you jump through too many hoops just to do one little task. It's very annoying and has gotten to the point where I'm spending more and more of my time playing browser-based games on social networking sites rather than buying cookie-cutter games.

Please, BF, get better games. I am tired of waiting for Azada, and I'm getting bored waiting for something worthwhile to play.

Thanks for letting me vent, and I apologize for the thread drift.

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 12:47:48 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 25, 10 1:00 PM
I finished it awhile ago. I liked it. But then I am a fairly easy mark with the hogs...there are only a few that I really disliked and haven't bought. Some are better than others, and this one is better than some. I liked the first Sulton one better than the second but still played it out, lol. Still trying to figure out Green Moon...I really want to like the game but I am so stuck...it just won't let me open that left door in the beginning. Oh well, will try again one rainy day.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Jan 25, 10 2:21 PM
i love this game, it's like Mushroom Age, i can't wait to buy it!

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jan 25, 10 2:32 PM
Ok game. I see it compared to Mushroom Age but I thought MA was better. I didn't play for very long, just not for me. I have discovered Mortimer Beckett and am really enjoying those games. Wish Big Fish had these games.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jan 25, 10 3:14 PM
Ok game. I see it compared to Mushroom Age but I thought MA was better. I didn't play for very long, just not for me. I have discovered Mortimer Beckett and am really enjoying those games. Wish Big Fish had these games.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 25, 10 3:25 PM
Played enough of the demo to determine that I liked it. Reminds me a lot of Mushroom Age, which I enjoyed. It sure beats the heck out of the stuff that's been coming out lately and all those 'rip off' games like E.A. Poe, which was a waste of money since it was SHORT! Nice to find something other than a HOG these days on Big Fish, too! Thought for a while they were gonna have to change their name to HOG FISH, lol!

Moma_King
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Moma_King on Jan 25, 10 3:40 PM
I haven't been able to get off of the page where it downloads the file after game starts. Anyone else haveing this problem?

Moma_King

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 25, 10 3:40 PM
On the Maybe list entering Chapter 4. Definitely not as wacko as Mushroom Age, which can be a good thing. Objects are easier to find until now too.

Game made me go lol sometimes. When Sandra pronounces advertisement totally wrong for example, or that black guy speaking broad American accent as a taxi driver in Beijing...

Add: Game played without a problem for me.

Edited on 01/25/2010 at 3:41:43 PM PST

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Jan 25, 10 4:52 PM
Yes, it is easy, but I really enjoyed the demo. Cute little game.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 25, 10 5:07 PM
lineck wrote:Need I saw more all been said. and nearly missed it I though it was another match 3 type until I read the reviews Mushroom Age is one of my favourites, this is very similar. and it looks like it has a half decent story behind the holiday.

I can get out of the stress of Green Moon and enjoy 9.5/10 never gave a 10 yet.

Cheers
lineck

LOL .. Thank goodness for something that will calm the nerves and add some simple enjoyment to my day. I totally understand the STRESS of Green Moon. Do not know what I would do without the walkthrough.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 25, 10 5:28 PM
This is a fun little game where I can relax and enjoy the storyline and feel like I have accomplished something. The graphics are realistic, except the facial features and movements are definately off. I don't usually turn the sound on when the dialogue shows up on screen, so I don't know if the voices are annoying or not. Another one to put on my wish list.

[Post New]by RoslynStorm on Jan 25, 10 6:32 PM
I liked the game itself but not its load time. That was ridiculous! I lost almost 20 minutes of my demo to loading and crashing!!

I'll wait on getting this one, but eventually I'm sure I'll get it.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jan 25, 10 9:04 PM
Did not like this game at all! Quit after 20 minutes. When are some worthwhile games being released? Running out of good stuff to play!

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Jan 25, 10 10:24 PM
I bought this today and enjoyed it till the end. I liked the variety of different mini games that you play throughout the game! It did remind me of MA but on a easier level! It was well worth the money for the enjoyment I got from it!

[Post New]by sha4756 on Jan 25, 10 11:22 PM
I purchashed the game and like it fine until I got to the muesum. I shut down the alarm ayatem, then gave the dog his bones, that is as far as I can go. When I click by the dogs paws the comment is in Russian. One says "he's barking he must be hungry" could someone tell me what the other comment is, or how to get the dog to go away? Are there more then 5 bones?

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 26, 10 3:16 AM
jaxxgirl wrote:"same problem for me as vickie39 and marniem"

have deleted and am downloading again

can't escape the game unless I turn the computer off manually - escape doesn't work and neither can I ctr alt del to bring up the task manager

add me to the list of those having that exact problem.

Same as above, except I am not redowloading again.
After I shut down the computer manually and started again, Microsoft
showed up with disk check.
Reported to CS, waiting for the bug to be ironed out.

Go to: