Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jan 29, 10 10:05 AM
I will buy this game, no matter what. I like the dark, 30's atmosphere. It's a pity about Nick's voice, though. The first one was very good, in my opinion, except for one or two glitches but were gone by the second time I played it. It's good to have Nick back!

P.S. Congratulations, QEIII!

Edited on 01/29/2010 at 3:13:46 PM PST

KatzRKaren
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by KatzRKaren on Jan 29, 10 10:33 AM
Great game. Turn off the custom cursor, everything speeds up to normal.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 29, 10 10:38 AM
great game! I don't understand why everyone is having problems. I'm not using the custom cursor because it's a little floaty. Everything else is fine. I'm using vista/home premium-64 bit. I give it.
Dr.good

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Jan 29, 10 10:50 AM
Loved the first game and I love this one even more. No problems playing at all.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 29, 10 11:49 AM
Does it play in full screen? I have a 22 inch monitor and it does cover the whole screen. I've tried changing my resolution which usually works for other games that don't offer a full/wide screen. Anyone else finding this a bummer?

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jan 29, 10 12:11 PM
Congrads QEIII.

I also really like this game. The storyline follows nicely with the task to be performed. I will buy this game next month to start my next Club Card.

My approval and my purchase.

PS -- I'm running Windows XP and had no problems with the game.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jan 29, 10 1:24 PM
I liked this too, and no problems running on Windows XP. Does anyone know how long this is? I want to buy, but will also try to wait until Monday.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jan 29, 10 1:25 PM
I like this game and bought it. I like the comic book graphics and story.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 29, 10 1:34 PM
What a shame they left out Mr. Harrington's voice. Takes all the personality right out of the game. For me, that makes or breaks it.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 29, 10 2:08 PM
I really like this game but it's slow and jerky. I was able to correct the jerkiness of the cursor by changing it in the options but as for the game-play, itself, I could not eliminate the slow jerkiness of it. That's a shame because it looks like a good game. The only other thing I would have liked was to hear the actor's voices. The first Nick Chase game did have audible voices but, it, too is slow and jerky. I recently updated my graphics card so that can't be the problem. If it weren't for the game-play problem, I probably would have purchased both games. Hopefully, a new build will be available soon.

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Jan 29, 10 2:16 PM
i love this game, just play for 30 minuts but i want it. i'm at Gas Station, great graphic, good and clear hog scene and nice puzzle. this is a game

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 29, 10 2:19 PM
Great game. No problems running it on Win XP. Seems about 3 to 4 hours long.

[Post New]by nascar4_9kasey on Jan 29, 10 2:27 PM
No problem running or playing the game. I loved it. Got to gas station and almost got the truck started when 60 minutes were up. Can't wait for Monday to come so I can get this with my credit. Thanks BF for a great game!! and 5

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jan 29, 10 2:35 PM
Actually, I don't like this game. But to each his [her] own, I liked the sparkly one from yesterday or the day before.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jan 29, 10 2:48 PM
I just demo'd the game and I enjoyed it. Leave the custom cursor and I had NO problems. I run on Vista. The voice would have made it extra special but wouldn't keep me from getting the game. Fairly easy so far so would have to check and make sure it's not one of those that end 30 minutes after you demo it. I think it was better than the first one.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 29, 10 3:16 PM
prpldva wrote:
cll1950 wrote:Crashed. Don't think I'll try again. The voice over was the thing I liked best.

First one -
Very slow when text runs - Voiceover is great. Why mess it up with comic book text?
Custom cursor "floats" - no turn off choice.
Crashes
Crashes
Crashes
Too bad. Could have been a great game.

If you guys can't do better than this, don't bother with a "Nick Chase 3"

Sorry- you are playing the first game if you have a voice over.

No, I ment the voice over was the thing I liked best about the first one.
If we could get the first on with things listed above corrected and not have them type out each letter, S-L-O-W-L-Y, I would love it. (This one just crashed and I didn't think it was worth trying again without a voice over and still having the slow text) The cursor change is great but the voice was the best.

Edited on 01/29/2010 at 3:23:48 PM PST

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Jan 29, 10 3:37 PM
Felix is looking dapper once again in his detective hat!!!!!!!

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Jan 29, 10 4:15 PM
Played the demo for 30 minutes and liked it enough to purchase. Running it on Vista SP2 laptop and no problems. No slow text, no slow cursor and yes, I also liked the voice over, but still enjoy the game without it.

I did have to lower my screen resolution to get full screen and better graphics, but as soon as I finish playing my res goes back to normal and no icons messed up. Seem to remember the same issue with the first one.

For me so far
/

Will see if that rating is sustained till the end of the game

Corie

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 29, 10 4:37 PM
biomix wrote:Does it play in full screen? I have a 22 inch monitor and it does cover the whole screen. I've tried changing my resolution which usually works for other games that don't offer a full/wide screen. Anyone else finding this a bummer?

Well, no answer on this one.

But I LOVE the game and used my credit.

Works well and my computer is dying. Next week I will be on Windows 7 with A NEW COMPUTER FOR MY BIRTHDAY!

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jan 29, 10 4:54 PM
catathang wrote:I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the kit, so can anyone tell me 1 divided 0.2 is!

It doesn't really make sense "1"

Go to: