mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

Re:Devs..Please Please change the new update!!!

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jun 23, 16 7:40 AM
There is another option the developers could consider. Instead of having night mode, which I don't care about one way or the other, they could do a reverse silhouette mode. That would be more difficult, as night mode is, but wouldn't cause the eye strain and headaches that some people suffer. It also wouldn't mean they have to program one mode to be different from the rest, by making it the only optional mode.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Jun 23, 16 7:53 AM
If you make a difficult search, i.e. Night mode. The reward should be higher. It can take these old eyes almost 2 minutes. UCK. Then only get the object of my search and coin is a bummer .

In silhouette mode one was done in 45sec, yea. But still minimum reward.

Another gripe is no "pink boxes" to gift. I have gotten 1 "box" in 3 hours of play. If I gift a total of 15 times a day I will quickly be out of gifts for my friends.

Okay I have spouted off, thanks.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jun 23, 16 11:10 AM
Firedragon13-I'm a bit confused. How are you gifting pink boxes? They were part of last year's Christmas Event only. I'm hoping that they keep the gifting aspect of that event this year because I was moving and didn't have enough time to complete the achievement for the Mrs. Santa avatar.

What we gift in the game is on our wish lists. We gift the things from our inventory, or buy it with gold or diamonds, that are on our friends' wish lists.

Were you talking about something else?

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Tibtt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Tibtt on Jun 23, 16 1:47 PM
I'll start with - I like new modes, I like them a lot! (didn't used Light Flash even once - now I have 10 of them, planning to give it away or shard them)

But I also had a problem reported - headache. But I dont blame Night Mode - but flashing glow on the edges of display (PC version), and arrowes moving around the LightFlash (In each of 3 new modes).

So I would like to suggest - can Devs disable the flashing glow, and the animation around Light Flash?

Still thinking that MC is the best

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jun 23, 16 2:25 PM
I tried using my anti-glare sunglasses to play the nightmare mode. Helped some, but still came away with eye pain.

wings59752
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

SimplyRe:Devs..Please Planyease change the new update!!!

[Post New]by wings59752 on Jun 24, 16 4:42 PM
For me, I have simply decided to back out of the HOS that are night mode. I am sure it will be hard in some cases to advance. I simply have a hard time with them. Next step is to quit.......I am not playing nearly as much these days anyway.....best of lu k to you all

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jun 24, 16 5:43 PM
I finally broke down and updated one of my Android games. The first night mode was a pain in the you know what. By the third one my eyes are strained and the headache moving into the first stages.
I have always been able to adjust to the many changes the developers have made over the last two years, but this night mode is an absolute deal breaker. It's painful and has ruined the fun, in fact it increases the stress that I use this game to alleviate in my every day life. I refuse to pay for a part of the game that causes physical harm to what looks to be quite a problem to more then a few players.
I love this game and will be absolutely devastated to have to quit unless the developers come up with a solution that fixes this. Paying with gems for those of us with a disability is just plain discrimination.
Just my two cents for this year.

wings59752
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by wings59752 on Jun 25, 16 4:39 AM
Well, I suppose I am done for a while.........my method of simply skipping the night mode is backfiring...........I just tried making rounds ..........OVER HALF were night mode. I think there will be a lot of people other than me that this game will lose. Why change a game that so many people love to one that is not fun anymore? Just make it optional. Let those that like this challenge do it.........not for me though......

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Jun 25, 16 6:19 AM
Frankly, because I like to make achievements, I'm giving the night mode every chance while I let the lightning flashes accummulate while I hit that achievement. It is not working. I am not "getting used to it" though, fortunately, though it's a bit tiring on the eyes and causing slight eye strain in that regard, I'm not suffering some of the health problems others are. What it boils down to for me is going to be this in the end. When making rounds, I'm going to back out of HOS that are night mode. If I need the HOS for any quest, I'll use the lightning flashes. If I find that those accummulate at enough of a pace to keep me going forward, I'll have no choice but to give up on this game. I'm sure not paying to bypass horrible. I also sure don't want to start suffering migraines etc.

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Jun 25, 16 6:38 AM
wings59752 wrote:Well, I suppose I am done for a while.........my method of simply skipping the night mode is backfiring...........I just tried making rounds ..........OVER HALF were night mode. I think there will be a lot of people other than me that this game will lose. Why change a game that so many people love to one that is not fun anymore? Just make it optional. Let those that like this challenge do it.........not for me though......

I did that as well. I found it was quicker to do the rounds but only took 2 rounds before I was having to wait for HOS to reopen. Another round later and all but a couple are night mode
I'm lucky that the scenes don't cause me physical problems but the ratio does seem to be wrong. And I do sympathise with those who are struggling. Such a shame.

By the way I'm on level 62/63 and only play new scenes when needed so they aren't included in the rounds.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 25, 16 8:01 AM
Night mode is simply unacceptable to those it is causing pain. This might be fine for some & those that enjoy it are welcome to it, but it should be completely optional. No one should be forced to suffer through something that causes them pain hundreds of times, just because someone else enjoys it. That's cruel & inhumane. Night mode needs an "off" switch!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 25, 16 9:19 AM
Just a note to all those who are backing out of night mode (or any other mode, for that matter).

Backing out doesn't make that mode go away. It will still be there the next time you try to play that scene. And this might be the case why people are claiming that 'most of the scenes are in night mode'.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 25, 16 9:29 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Just a note to all those who are backing out of night mode (or any other mode, for that matter).

Backing out doesn't make that mode go away. It will still be there the next time you try to play that scene. And this might be the case why people are claiming that 'most of the scenes are in night mode'.

and if someone skips night mode and only completes the ones they like... it's not a question of "if" it will happen but "when" it will happen that all the HO's will become night mode...

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Jun 25, 16 11:33 AM
If the reason we have nearly all of our HOS playing in night mode is due to skipping, then how do you explain starting a new round with unskipped hos and getting nearly every HOS playing in night mode? I don't like night mode, it hurts my wrist and messes with my vision. Not to mention the fact that it creates a never ending loop of continuous play so that I don't loose what I have accomplished. I am not playing anymore until there is an option to permanently opt out of Night Mode.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 25, 16 12:48 PM
Why is a thread addressed specifically to the devs not being addressed at all by the mods? Are the devs even seeing this to know how big a problem they have caused?

ctaylor56
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ctaylor56 on Jun 25, 16 1:04 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Why is a thread addressed specifically to the devs not being addressed at all by the mods? Are the devs even seeing this to know how big a problem they have caused?

Once again, you hit straight to the heart of the issue. I would also ask, if the developers are not being made aware of this problem, is there another way we could make sure that they do know?

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 26, 16 5:05 AM
Our access to the developers is pretty much limited to what the moderators here pass along, so…
Mods, can we please get some assurance that the devs are getting our comments? You've got people suffering here.

wings59752
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by wings59752 on Jun 27, 16 5:10 PM
My understanding is that this will not be addresses until the next update

thesuz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by thesuz on Jun 27, 16 8:34 PM
I am not liking the night mode either, the other 2 new modes I can work with. But, the night mode is horrible. Tonight I was trying to go through the scenes for the "mini-event" and my first 6 (yes 6) scenes were all night modes and then at least every 3rd one after that. I do try for some of the achievements (especially since these ones are for money & diamonds). So, I do try to play them but, I am running out of the Crystal Balls (aka globes) & the Wands; then what.
From what I am reading a lot of people need these items or the "Lighting Flash" (interesting enough: they cost you 10 diamonds or 100 coins to gift~~but, are only worth 50 coins or 1 shard to cash in) however, if you use them, you don't get anything towards your achievement.
My MC game just isn't dropping the wands & crystal balls like it used to.
I get the night mode (aka flashlight mode) in some games...you have to venture into the basement, attic or dig around in the closet and gee the light is missing or burned out yet, you have to find the next item to advance in the game but, here I am sorry, I find it stupid. I am playing on a PC desktop with a 21" monitor and I don't have the eyesight, headache or other issues and it still bothers me. I just find it annoying; in every game. I am only on level 48 and have been playing for 2 years now as, I have limited play time each day but, I at least make sure to go in everyday to send gifts to my friends and get my reward for logging in. I was annoyed with the extra coins and shards in place of the inventory items but, I moved on and NOW this "night mode" thing...the game just isn't as enjoyable for me. As I stated I have limited time each day for games _ I have other things that need to be done around the house when I get home from work so, I do what I can each day and keep fingers crossed I can put in some hours on the weekend however, now...not so sure I want to.
YES, I get those people that have made it to the higher levels (60-71) are bored with the same old scenes and I agree some changes are a good thing. I also, appreciate the information the higher level people have provided to us on the forums. However, I just do not understand why we need the night mode... when it appears so many people are having trouble with it.
One last note: I do apologize for the length of the rant, was on a roll but, now_out of room to continue typing.

Edited on 06/28/2016 at 7:11:02 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jun 28, 16 2:03 AM
Hi All,

I have to say that I don't get seasick or have a balance problem or inner ear problem and my eyesight is 20/20

Today while trying to do 2 rounds of the castle to try to get halfway towards the global challenge I had to leap from my chair and was throwing up until I was seeing stars, the different modes really got to me,
I have never complained about the HOS before but now I am really angry, who wants to play a game that should be enjoyable to a game that makes you sick (physically),

Not happy at all and will not be playing towards the global challenge, it is not fun to have a game that makes you heave......

AG1

Go to: