joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Sarah Maribu and the Lost World comments and reviews

[Post New]by joy4u on Feb 7, 10 4:42 AM
I loved this game found it very relaxing the graphics were beautiful I honestly do not know how some of you get thru these games so quick, my old brain just plods along
at a very slow pace.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Feb 7, 10 7:50 AM
Im enjoying this game a lot. It's fairly easy and relaxing but I like that chance of pace once in a while.

The dinosaurs are what really interested me about the game though. I didnt like seeing them in chains though. Poor creatures

But its an enjoyable game. Glad I bought

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Feb 7, 10 9:10 AM
Now this game is right up my alley. It's not too hard to find the hidden objects and the graphics are gorgeous! I don't feel as if I want to race through the scenes to get to the goal (finding the stuff) because it's so lovely to look at. Not terribly cartoony, either. It's on my February purchase list for sure.

Just wanted to add that while I can see that children would enjoy this, it's a lot of fun for adults, too, who like to play a game in a leisurely fashion and take in the prettiness of it all.

Edited on 02/07/2010 at 9:16:54 AM PST

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Feb 7, 10 1:27 PM
I liked the demo, got about a third of the way through in the hour, and bought the game, but I thought after that it got easier and less interesting. Many fewer multiple rooms as play went on (where you have to go back and forth to find something that you need in the other scene), many fewer times where you had to solve a puzzle to find something that you need to solve another puzzle, and hardly any mini games. Toward the end it seemed like a HOG pure and simple - and I've really gotten to like the games that make you do more than just find stuff.

[Post New]by jane4564 on Feb 7, 10 5:57 PM
How do you get a free coupon? Let me know. I'd like to buy this one but if theres a coupon I can get I'll wait. Thank You

peggyjuneybug
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by peggyjuneybug on Feb 8, 10 1:43 AM
I seem to be in the minority. I didn't like this game. There really wasn't a story and I never understood why they were there. Then it just ends without explaining anything. I'm sorry I bought it.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Feb 8, 10 5:13 PM
Just finished the game and agree with ducle above. Except that young children may - or may not - be put off by some of the creepy crawlies. But then, some adults wouldn't like that either.

I especially liked that no scene repeated. I easily quit trying to make any sense of the "plot."

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 8, 10 5:43 PM
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but if I entered an area where dinosaurs were touching distance away, I would quitely make a hasty retreat... and when Mr T Rex stomped by, I'd poop myself...

Obviously, this game isn't striving for realism. I think it would have been a better Indiana Jones type movie with better dialog and more character interaction with the screen, i.e. screaming...panic, a sense of urgency, suspenseful music, and I'm ok with a little blood. And also, if my husband disappeared on an island of dinosaurs and no other humans, as far as we know, I would be bat **** worried and more than likely paralysed with fear. No wait, what am I saying. If he and I were alone on a prehistoric island, we would be connected with a safety rope no more than 6" apart....

But I digress... the game was entertaining. The graphics were good, items were fairly easy to find, the games were pretty simple but varied and I agree with Poodlebear, it is great to play a game that doesn't repeat scenes. I'll buy this game as a card filler at the end of the month.

Sallyem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sallyem on Feb 8, 10 10:17 PM
I LOVED this game! Thank you Big Fish Games!!

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Feb 9, 10 4:11 AM
biomix wrote:LOVE THIS GAME! Thank you BigFish.

Love the graphics, music, it's nice and bright, lots of stuff to look for and not all of it is easy, love the bees/flies going in and out and I love the dinosaurs!
Will be a lengthy game which is also great. I would like some more games like this one
I don' t want it to end

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Feb 9, 10 6:54 PM
I don't usually reply to anything, but, had to say my husband and I enjoyed playing this game together. No, it wasn't very hard (did get harder as we went on), but very enjoyable. Wish there were more like this. The length was just fine. We were able to stretch this out for 3 nights. Better than TV!!!!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 9, 10 9:16 PM

Tooooooo many hidden objects to find, and I don't like the ones where the whole list isn't right up front. Interactive stuff extremely simple, and the minigames were okay. Plenty of hints - not that you will need them - and skip on the minis. I used it on the stupid hopping birds. I never have figured that puzzle out, and it's in a lot of games. The story never grabbed me at all. Maybe for 99 cents...

I played the Sultan's Labyrinth demo, and was sort of hoe-hum, but it is an amazingly good game next to this one.

Edited on 02/09/2010 at 9:17:14 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 10, 10 6:22 AM
After digging my car out of the snow, it was completely covered, you couldn't even see it, I wanted to play a relaxing game.
This game was just that, very RELAXING and the graphics and art where beautiful, loved this enviorment and loved looking at the dino's and feeding them.
I also enjoyed the interaction with finding and placing the items, there where a few items that where cleverly hidden.
The only complaint, for me personally, was that it was to short, I finished the game in 1 1/2 hours.
I feel there should have been another map to complete, I breezed through the game so quickly, so I hope they will listen and make future games longer.
Besides being to short, I really enjoyed the rest of the game, finding objects by the pictures of the items was a nice change of pace, and I really felt the game had a nice flow to it.
If your looking for a relaxing game, that is beautiful to look at, and not hard on the brain, but still interesting, than I would give this game a try :-)
Well it is snowing again, so off to play another game !!

[Post New]by Decoranne on Feb 11, 10 8:17 AM
Too boring and slow for me.

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Feb 12, 10 1:43 PM
Gentlsong wrote:
So far, the puzzles are easy, but I still had to think a bit on a couple of them. There are not always instructions for the puzzles, but when they aren't there, that IS the puzzle itself...figuring out what you need to do. And, it seems that the ones with more than 1 step or so DO have instructions that are very understandable.

With 40 minutes on the 1st 3 chapters, it seems to be a rather long game and well worth the price. It will definitely be a buy for me.

I really liked this game - one of the best I've tried so far. The graphics and animations are outstanding. There were a variety of puzzles and mini-games, most of them fairly easy, but some more challenging. I enjoy the level-within a level feature, and 25 chapters keeps the action going just long enough to be interesting but not boring.

To these tired eyes, probably the best part is that few areas of the game were so dark and dismal that I couldn't see anything - something that turns me off quickly to many HOGs. I'd give this one a 4 out of 5, and the nicest part is that I paid for it with a punch card credit. :-D

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Feb 13, 10 2:53 AM
SARAH MARIBU & The Lost World I thought it was fantastic!
The graphics and ANIMATIONS were terrific beautiful and the backround music was not the least bit annoying. I can't wait for the sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very Hope to see it available soon. Loved the storyline too.
The hidden objects were not too hard to find and not too easy either.
I very glad I purchased this game/ It took me 3 days!!!So length is GOOD!
It's so worth the $6.99 and will give you a lot of hours of enjoyment.

Unsinkable
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Unsinkable on Feb 13, 10 4:35 AM
I loved playing this game ! I was able to let my young great nieces play this game without having to worry about content. Just a good all around game. I am so glad brings us games for all ages.

I am not sorry I purchased this game.

Thank-You for having punch cards made this an easy buy

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Feb 13, 10 4:54 AM
I liked it! Great game to while away the hours when a head cold needs to run it's course over the weekend.

Thank goodness for the not-too-hard-to-find hidden objects -- a stuffy head makes it difficult to think.

Looking forward to the next installment!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Feb 13, 10 12:47 PM
Something about it appeals to me. It is not the hardest or trickest game I've played it is not the best story I've seen but I do like it.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Feb 14, 10 8:31 AM
This is a wonderful game.

Pros:
* NO REPEAT scenes - that's right: 25 levels without a single repeat!
* Lovely illustrated scenes
* No murder or mayhem
* Scenes are well lit
* Hints are generous, if you need them
* Interaction is easily understood, but you are not lead by the hand
* Nice long game play: over 3 hours for me. Few games are more than 2 for me.
* Hidden items are fair - no tricks

Cons:
* Music is only mediocre
* Story is disjointed at times, but at least there is a plot that reaches a conclusion.
* Replay will have to be at intervals as the interactive items play a big part and will not change.

It is not a hard game, but I played it straight through and did not have a minute's boredom due to the great graphics and constant new scenes. I was apprehensive because of the picture hints, but I easily adjusted.

.5/

Go to: