bplh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Epic Adventures: La Jangada comments and reviews

[Post New]by bplh on Feb 6, 10 9:22 AM
Hi
All I get is a blank screen and music. I'm using Windows 7.
Is there a fix?
Thanks

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 6, 10 4:20 PM
For me the best part of this game is the story line. The music is good. The voice is pleasant but way too slow. I was grateful you could click next at your own speed and still be able to read it all. I wasn't crazy about how the hidden objects were done. Or the difficulty in selecting some of the objects. I found the hand annoying when clicking on the wrong item. I enjoyed the puzzles. I'm curious as to the ending but not curious enough to purchase at this time.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 6, 10 5:44 PM
Firstly I am English and I do not know anyone that would pronounce it a "Scepter" with the emphasis on the "C", well unless you were not very good at English.

For me the graphics were very grainy and this made the objects much harder to find, secondly how much talking can one person do!

I like a game where you get to actually play the game, if I wanted a story I would download a book, or read one.

Not one for me, the grainy screen, the annoying talking, the irritating clicking and the most ridiculous tiny objects that even an eagle would not be able to see. I have excellent vision the optician has told me so and even I had problems.

This is what makes a forum work though, some like it and some do not, just the nature of game playing.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 6, 10 8:34 PM
I also must have been playing a different game than all those who praised it. Find a dozen roses in a garden full of roses ans then get the circleing arrow when you keep choosing the wrong ones. Find one particular parasol (no description) out of many. Opps, ther egoes that circleing arrow again. Find and set of earings among dozens, again, no description, and again that arrow, around and arround. I chose the same set of pearls 5 times and it wouldn't pick them up untill I wasted a hint. Lovely Idea, beautiful graphics, nice music. Sadistic programmer. Sorry, I get enough frustration for free, don't think I'll pay for it. If this game affected anyone else in the same way it did me, please let me know. After Reading all these glowing posts, I think maybe my game came from the "Twilght Zone".

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 7, 10 6:24 AM
Shadowfax-maybe at 2 different sites?

dachawawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dachawawa on Feb 7, 10 9:07 AM
I got hooked into the story during the trial and had to buy it. The items were very small and hard to find, but it's a good thing the hints aren't limited. Anyone that could do this without hints is either an eagle eye or just not truthful. I enjoyed the game and the story though, and will probably play it again after I finish the other games I bought.

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Feb 7, 10 10:19 AM
most other game sites allow you to demo, just like BF. Visit any of the other sites on the web.

[Post New]by liliane33 on Feb 8, 10 12:11 PM
i can not finde the last plate

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Feb 8, 10 5:36 PM
Just started playing the demo today, and uninstalled it after 16 minutes. I found it boring and incredibly unintelligent. In addition, I know I'm picky about such things, but the heroine's pronunciation of Spanish words was absolutely awful!

If the game had begun with some more interesting searches, I might have kept going. But after 16 minutes, it still felt like it was designed with an 8-year-old in mind.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Feb 8, 10 7:35 PM
I enjoyed the game (though it was slow and the narrator became bothersome after awhile) the graphics were good and the story different.

I am not a big lover of romance novels but this game was a welcome change!

Happy Gaming!

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Feb 9, 10 5:27 AM
I don't like a lot of yakidy yak in my games unless it's a large file. Although this game sounds interesting...think i'll wait awhile.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Feb 9, 10 8:10 PM
I didnt care for this game, the graphics were beautiful and the voice acting was clear but i find myself hitting the skip botton. The story was slow and after 45mins of hitting the skip button, i felt i had put myself through enough torture.

[Post New]by gamerboy1983 on Feb 10, 10 4:13 AM
I like the game very much.

The hidden object scenes seem different, there is no clutter anywhere and the objects make a lot of sense. I really loved this as I am sick of digging non-sense objects out of "junkyards"...

So far I have finished the demo and I am going to buy it if there are more puzzles in the game. Can anybody please tell me if there are any interesting puzzles after the trial hour?

I don't want to check the blog walk-through as i do not want accidental spoiling

[Post New]by Alan_cook on Feb 11, 10 3:43 AM
I have just completed it

Yes, the game has got very interesting puzzles after the trial hour. If you follow the story closely, you will find the puzzles easy and fun to play!

Happy gaming....

[Post New]by retire2007 on Feb 14, 10 5:44 PM
Total waste of a credit for me. Way too dark in a lot of places. I even restarted to be sure I gave it a really fair chance. The swamp where you are looking for mushrooms & berries is totally a random click scene for me even after using multiple hints. It seems that the trend with HOG games has become either that mini-games take over or as in this game "hidden" means invisible.

1Camille
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Camille on Feb 19, 10 2:16 PM
Is there awalthrough for La Jangada? I need help with the boxes and keys. Love the game so far

1Camille
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 1Camille on Feb 19, 10 2:19 PM
Is there awalk through for La Jangada? I need help with the boxes and keys. Love the game so far!

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Feb 25, 10 2:13 AM
I tried to like this game. I really and truly did. I adore Jules Verne with every fiber of my being. But from first sight of the cross-eyed main character to first exposure of the whining and simpering she did, I just couldn't bring myself to even make it to the end of the hour. Poor Jules! The programmers and designers hide the objects almost too well. And frankly, if you're going to insist on a game being 'period' at least provide us with a clue as to what something is supposed to look like! It's like asking somebody what a caduceus is. Most of don't know, but mention 'that stick thing with the snakes around, you know that doctor symbol' and most of us go 'oh that thing has a real name?' Nice game, just not for my speed.

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 2:13:46 AM PST

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Feb 25, 10 6:42 PM
This wasn't the greatest game I've played on this site. The story is what prompted me to buy it. Plus my mom liked the graphics. The HOG parts and puzzles were ok. I'd give it a 2/5 stars. The main character's crossed eyes were driving me nuts, otherwise I might give it 3/5 stars.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Feb 26, 10 8:54 PM
I loved the graphics, the tasks are fun, I loved the demo and will purchase the game

Go to: