govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:New version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera available now

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 8, 10 8:28 AM
picman050967 wrote:You should NOT assume thegame will have problems for you. With this game the estimated error rate is ~1.2%. That is just over 1 person per hundred isexperiencing an issue.
Picman

I am just wondering why only 1% of us have the hints showing incorrect places and hotspots being wrong? I can understand that not everyone uses the same hints so we don't all find the same problems but would that not be the programming and a general problem?
Just curious why as it is first time I ever struck a hint being wrong and took the hint at its word - Frustrated me for over half an hour and I would have restarted the game but lucky Margieb had come across same thing and told me where the object really was

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Feb 8, 10 1:09 PM
I adore and think they have the best CS anywhere and would never dream of being rude about a game problem.

And, I also join govegril in having a "just wondering" question about the stats, and share some general annoyance with fellow fishies, in that I can't help notice that many, many fishies pointed out the spider web problem, got the usual "check your drivers" schtick, and then lo and behold later there really is enough of a problem to warrant a rebuild.

And still so many are having problems....Just sayin' maybe it's possible that there still is a significant problem with the game?

Unless I haven't been following this right (but I'm trying, because I'm interested in the game, once it's working right.)

*runs and hides because she doesn't want to be a troublemaker*

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 8, 10 2:32 PM
Well for what it is worth I did put a ticket into customer support a couple of days ago about the hint glitch and the shepheds crook problem. Not heard back if they are looking into it yet though. I noticed support has a new turn around time of 24 to 72 hours rather than the 48 it used to state. So another days wait for reply.

[Post New]by cartsit on Feb 8, 10 2:56 PM
I redownloaded this file, three times, installed the new flash player and the electrical room is still black. This did not happen before I downloaded the new improved file. The problem was the spider web glitch, now the room is black and I can do nothing. Has this problem been addressed? I have XP.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 8, 10 3:25 PM
Hey Fishies!

Sometimes it's hard to decide whether a technical issue is a glitch with the game, or if it's something that can be fixed with a little troubleshooting. Checking drivers is just the first step to troubleshooting, and occasionally, it is the first of many steps before we find out exactly what is causing a technical issue. All of our games are tested before they are released, but sometimes there are issues that the game testers simply don’t experience. That’s where you come in.

We always want to encourage you to write in to tech support if the troubleshooting advice suggested on the forums doesn't help. The forums are great for spotting trends, but contacting support is really the only way we'll be able to get enough information about a technical issue to send in reports to the developers for a fix, and to find out how many people have experienced the same problem.

We're not perfect, that's for sure, but we do our best to give the very best service we possibly can, especially when you run into tech trouble. This is why it's so important to utilize the resources we have in place (like the Help pages and the tech team). This helps us get problems resolved as quickly as possible, whether it's a game bug or a driver issue.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 8, 10 3:25 PM
That being said, if you’re still experiencing a problem with the new version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera, please contact tech support. They are the best resource to get a technical problem resolved and they can work with you to get specific information about the issue you’re experiencing and possibly resolve the problem.

Cheers!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 3:26:06 PM PST

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Feb 8, 10 6:11 PM
cartsit wrote:I redownloaded this file, three times, installed the new flash player and the electrical room is still black. This did not happen before I downloaded the new improved file. The problem was the spider web glitch, now the room is black and I can do nothing. Has this problem been addressed? I have XP.

Cartsit, I had the same problem. I restarted the game under a different name and was able to get past the electrical room problem. Good Luck, I know how frustrating this can be.

[Post New]by cartsit on Feb 9, 10 2:00 PM
O did restart with another player name, but when I got to the electrical room it was dark...

r3t1r3d wrote:
cartsit wrote:I redownloaded this file, three times, installed the new flash player and the electrical room is still black. This did not happen before I downloaded the new improved file. The problem was the spider web glitch, now the room is black and I can do nothing. Has this problem been addressed? I have XP.

Cartsit, I had the same problem. I restarted the game under a different name and was able to get past the electrical room problem. Good Luck, I know how frustrating this can be.

[Post New]by sandispoetry2 on Feb 9, 10 3:42 PM
Is this game fixed yet? I would really like to buy it, but im not about to with all the complaints on it.

[Post New]by casualcraze on Feb 9, 10 4:33 PM
sandispoetry2 wrote:Is this game fixed yet? I would really like to buy it, but im not about to with all the complaints on it.

I downloaded the new version and to be honest i haven't seen a single bug. if you've already installed the game i would suggest you uninstall it completely and download the new build from the beginning and install it again. that should resolve any issues.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 9, 10 4:43 PM
I'm so frustrated. I have started over and over to have the game not save on three occasions. I read that you guys were looking into the problem. I just bought this today Feb. 9th. does this new version fix the save thingy? Please?

Also, my eyes are already bad. Please, lighten some of the scenes. There were some objects I couldn't find at all without using hints.

Your reply would be gratefully received,

Kirsten in Maryland snowed in 38 inches of snow.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Feb 9, 10 5:10 PM
I have uninstalled and re-installed 4 different times. I played all the way to the Shepherds Crook and that still doesn't work. There is obviously a technical problem on this game. Anyword on when it might be fixed?

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 9, 10 7:47 PM
boogienites wrote:I have uninstalled and re-installed 4 different times. I played all the way to the Shepherds Crook and that still doesn't work. There is obviously a technical problem on this game. Anyword on when it might be fixed?

In order for it to get diagnosed and fixed, anyone experiencing this problem should contact tech support and tell them exactly what YOU are experiencing along with whatever specs of your system they ask for. This is the only way they have of gathering enough information to find out what is going on.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Feb 9, 10 8:51 PM
When the update was issued I had gotten quite far into the game and just applied the update and carried on. I had a few issues with the way the game worked. However, I could see it had real potential, so I deleted my seemingly faulty game, reinstalled it and began anew. It ran perfectly with no problem whatsoever. It is an exciting game with lots of challenges, some difficult and others not so much, with lovely graphics. The only improvement I would like to see is the background colour in the items-to-be-found screens could be lightened somewhat. I recommend this game for hours of fun I have Vista and all my programs are up to date.

Edited on 02/09/2010 at 9:00:34 PM PST

[Post New]by cj4580 on Feb 10, 10 8:41 AM
Played the game last night for about an hour and a half, bought the game after 30 min of playing. I tried to play again today and won't even start. Goes back to the thanks for playing screen. Uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing. Don't know what to try next. I am running Vista, and rarely have problems with BF games.

Ylen86
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ylen86 on Feb 11, 10 8:24 AM
Had the problems with the first build that came out...but ever since the new release build there have been no problems at all!!! Are you guys sure you have the right version??

Happy gaming

Ferggy2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ferggy2 on Feb 11, 10 4:42 PM
I just downloaded the game today - 2/11/10 and it won't let me get out of the first room - the gypsy caravan. I found everything and it just does not do anything else. Anyone else have this problem? What do I need to to. It says nothing about this in the walkthrough.

Marilyn

gailyannie
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gailyannie on Feb 11, 10 7:09 PM
Before my problem was the spider. So I uninstalled/reinstalled with the fix.I can't save the game now. I see all of these entries with problems, but I don't see any answers. Maybe we should be emailing tech support? I don't get it.

Help US!

[Post New]by jamminmom on Feb 12, 10 3:52 PM
I haven't downloaded the new version yet. I haven't had any problems until I got to the jewelry box. The game would freeze, then run; then freeze again. Now it runs, but it won't let me pick up anything in the inventory. Anybody got any ideas? I really do enjoy the game.

hazy12
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by hazy12 on Feb 15, 10 11:23 AM
I have been playing the Curse of the Opera and have finally reached the final puzzle. Everything goes fine until the key comes down and is supposed to enter the slot to the door lock - then it stops before entering and the screen comes down. I have been playing this came and want to see the ending but cannot seem to overcome the key in the slot obstacle...can anyone help?

Go to: