Tournament scores

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Tournament scores

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 15, 16 4:54 PM
OK! We've now got a chance for 1 complete "comparative tournament results" mini-compilation, since 3 tourneys happened around the same time across all 3 platforms -
Friday afternoon results for PC & Android, and if someone can post the iOS ones I'll edit this to include those too
(man I wish this would let me do a proper or tabbed table/TSV)
Rounded to the hundred, ordered by usual number of participants from what it seems

______________PC _____ iOS _____ Android
Cutoff/diamond: _ 192.0k __________ 131.3k
Cutoff/100th: ___ 203.8k __________ 142.8k
Top Score: ____ 342.9k __________ 271.1k
Prize Pool: ____ 2,069 __________ 1643
#/Participants: _ 1,792 __________ 1402

Hmm, now that I'm looking at this, it's really 2+ different tables, and it's possibly better transposed... not gonna worry about that right now

Incidentally, if you go back & forth between PC & a mobile, how do you remind yourself NOT to click wildly once the Accuracy score kicks in again on PC, after playing on the mobile!? Asking for a friend...
Will clean up the spacing, ugh - just wanted to get it out there! -bzo

Edited on 07/15/2016 at 4:55:23 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 16, 16 9:18 AM
Sorry I missed seeing this post yesterday, BZO, or I would have posted those final scores for you. If this mornings scores will help, here they are:

3352 participants
High score 305,767
100th place score 160,584 with 14 diamonds
Lowest diamond winning score 138,976
Prize pool 3902

Yours truly was 515th, which is pretty good for me, with the first round lousy base score getting all the best spins. Every round after that, base score got better, found more chips (13 one time!), spun 10% every time, so total score just got lower & lower. {sigh}
Why is it I ALWAYS get my best spins on the first round when my base score is worst?

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 16, 16 3:56 PM
Gah, Desertdruid, I so hear you on the 10%s-later-when-base-scores-improved thing. Had that kinda a lot today (and plenty previously, tho also some surprise good stuff). That's exactly why I stopped spinning the 1st time if the score was too meh or if only 2 spins.. again, I don't know if that method is best.. but I feel saner and shriek less, so I guess that counts for something?... (to be fair, I do spin if the 1st score's half-decent & I have 9+ tokens...sometimes goes great, and sometimes makes me wail when a phenomenal base score later gets only 10s... sigh)

There were tourneys on Android and PC this afternoon. If someone posts the iOS ones I'll make up the chartlet across all 3 platforms at the same time. O/w we'll find a different time all 3 have a tourney so we can compare apples to apples

About to check out for the evening (US Eastern time + "movie night") but will at least copy down the PC/droid 411 BZO

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 16, 16 6:14 PM
Last iOS tourney:
High score 256,447
100th place 164,539 with 14 diamonds
Lowest diamond winner 139,666
Total participants 3856
Total prize pool 4631

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Jul 17, 16 11:11 AM
Thanks Desertdruid!
so, Saturday pm (GMT), July 16th -

_______________PC _______ iOS ______ Android
Cutoff/diamond: __ 194.4k __139.7k_____ 123.3k
Cutoff/100th: ____ 209.6k __164.5k____ 132.5k
Top Score: _____ 346.1k ___256.4k____ 247.2k
Prize Pool: ______ 2314 ____4631_____ 1662
#/Participants: ___ 1938 ____3856_____ 1425

Note: that base scores in PC are 5x5000 -> 25000 lower than the mobiles because of each room's 5000-max acccuracy bonus for PC only. (which is, incidentally, messing me up bigtime now that I'm trying to play both! "First world problems" I know )

Might be less PC participation or attempts than usual b/c that platform's CC had us doing a 100-HOS mini-marathon followed by a 200-HOS "airship" but really HOS not-so-mini-marathon! I could see ppl screaming at the thought of 5 more rooms even to win diamonds.
I'll try to clean up the formatting here, just thought it was interesting enough to get it out there, however imperfect BZO

[Post New]by Tandib3 on Jul 17, 16 2:39 PM
I was going to say that I got 100% accuracy several times & never got ANY points for it, instead, it always just displays a "-" in that field, so I'm not sure why it's even listed on the iOS games?

Also, yes the tips DO wear out quickly & depending on how hard the user pushes &/or how many games are played that require items be "grabbed" or "picked up" & "slid" or "moved" over to where they go before "dropping" them, can greatly increas the wear & tear (literally) on the rubber tip. I haven't tried the talcum powder trick yet, but I'm very thrilled to hear of another tip that may help extend the use of my styluses & am excited to try it soon! However, I wanted to share some other things I've found through the years of trying to make sure I always have a stylus close by & ready when I need it. 1st - I watch for sales on styluses at big box stores like Target or Wal-mart & I also try to buy them in packages of 3 or more as they are usually cheaper in bulk. Also, Walgreen's is a VERY good place to stock up on them. My Walgreen's have them in a bin next to, or up by the registers. Also check the dollar stores etc. They might look cheap but they don't need to be expensive to work. I've bought all kinds throughout the years & even the top of the line fancy ones aren't "tear" proof. However, the more expensive one's do sometimes come with interchangeable tips & they actually lasted longer. 2nd - I've started gluing the ones that only have a tear or small rip in them by the base. I use the super glue with the pointy tips so that I can carefully glue only the tear & not get glue all over the rest of it. I prefer the styluses that have very small tips as opposed to the fatter ones as they can be more precise when you're trying to click items in very finicky games & have to be exactly on top of very tiny objects to be able to get them, like very small bugs, flowers or pins. Lastly, styluses that have a more firm tip don't rip as easily as the softer ones. You have to push down a little harder with those, but they don't tear or wear out nearly as fast as the more "squishy" ones.

I'm so sorry for the length of this post, it turned out to be much more than I'd thought it would be. I hope I was able to give some ideas that they may not have been known already or was of some sort of help to someone out there at least.

Go to: