Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by Lulu_chubbs on Jul 11, 16 8:44 PM
MAC Computer Same problem as everyone else. The tent has disappeared and now I can't progress because I didn't put the swan together. How many more times are you guys going to sell us games that are defunct? I am very very disappointed in Big Fish lately.

I don't understand it, tons of people are complaining about the same thing and still nothing is being done about it. Makes no sense.

Edited on 07/11/2016 at 8:47:07 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by Duztoff on Jul 12, 16 12:20 AM
Count me among the tent disappearing/up a tree without any GLUE victims. I wouldn't be so PO''d if this were from an up-start dev, but EPIX???? Come on! I've beta tested numerous games from much smaller devs and haven't run into anywhere near the number of errors/glitches/over sights that the all mighty giants (yeah, that includes you EPIX!) have let get out in their final releases lately! What makes it all the more infuriating is that they pretty much just ignore the complaints on these "Post any tech issues" boards - I can't remember the last time I saw any response other than the tried and true party line of "If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our help pages..." Argh! Maybe they'd pay more attention if these "issues" were to make their way to the game reviews on the main page for any and all potential buyers to read prior to deciding if they are going to buy or not...

Oh, if it makes any difference (NOT) running Win 8.1 fully up to date.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Jul 12, 16 3:52 AM
Hi Duztoff,

You can post a game review on the main page for that game that includes technical issue remarks. I've seen reviews mentioning technical issues for other games that made me decide to wait to purchase until bugs were fixed, and even some games with older programming platforms I avoided altogether (the kind that make you download other programs to make their game work).

Because there are so many complaints about the tent issue, I'm sure Eipix will want to fix it soon, especially on such a popular series. It is frustrating to have to wait, especially 5 long chapters into the game.

If you were lucky like I was and got the glue first, the tent doesn't disappear, but then the puzzle in the archive doesn't complete properly. At least you can skip the puzzle and continue on with the game. How frustrating for the disappearing tent players.

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Jul 12, 16 2:46 PM
Add me to the people with a missing tent. I've played dozens of games via Big Fish and don't remember another issue quite like this one.

jaf21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by jaf21 on Jul 12, 16 2:50 PM
On my Mac same, don't have tent, can't do anything with Broken Swan Figure. Hint says "I suppose I'd better move along. Nothing. You need to fix this. Can't move forward

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Jul 12, 16 2:58 PM
Just got my update notice...hope this helps

theswede
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by theswede on Jul 13, 16 6:24 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 13, 16 9:49 AM
New issue. I'm near the top of the Dire Tree. Inside the guard post there's a place to use keys for magical seeds. I had one key, went to place it, the keyhole lit up and the key completely vanished. The game keeps pointing me back to the key hole area. When I'm on the key holes and hit Hint, it makes its musical sound but shows nothing.

So with game coders would actually play through their entire games as if they'd never seen them before. This is a long ways into the game to encounter a glitch, have to start all over again and hope to get past yet another bug. And the thing is I love the Dark Parables series. The graphics and stories are so awesome. The bugs are HUUUUUGE downers.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 13, 16 10:28 AM
Howdy Everybody,

Thank you all for continuing to provide your experiences for this game. I wanted to make sure that everyone here had seen the announcement made for an update for this game that addresses the tent issue that has been reported. We appreciate everyone who kept in touch with us about this, and you can read more about that announcement here:

UPDATE! New PC version for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree Collector's Edition

If you continue to have technical issues or if a new issue crops up, please be sure to post it here and let us know. We on the Forum Moderation Team really appreciate it when players speak up about what they are experiencing so that we can advocate for them and provide their feedback and experiences to the appropriate teams.

When technical problems come up, we definitely recommend checking out our updated Help Pages. Those pages contain many articles that can help in a variety of situations, including this particular article that can assist when issues like a game crash or freeze crop up:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Or if you are using a Mac computer, this article can help out a lot:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Lastly, if the guides don't seem to help, or if you'd like some personalized assistance, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, provide customized assistance, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

bfgIlinalta

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Jul 13, 16 2:06 PM
sonofstar wrote:New issue. I'm near the top of the Dire Tree. Inside the guard post there's a place to use keys for magical seeds. I had one key, went to place it, the keyhole lit up and the key completely vanished. The game keeps pointing me back to the key hole area. When I'm on the key holes and hit Hint, it makes its musical sound but shows nothing.

I'm having the same issue with the key...so frustrating, near the end of the game. It has been wonderful so far & I did install the update. Please fix this glitch, I can't believe I would have to start all over after almost getting to the end. I've bought hundreds of games & Dark Parables is one of my favourite series.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jul 13, 16 2:47 PM
Another blocking issue after installing the update and starting the game over. I have just used the triskelion and the lever has risen. I cannot activate the puzzle to continue. The mouse cursor turns to a magnifying glass when I hover over the area, but the puzzle does not open when I click.

This is NOT a game "crashing, freezing or blank screen" issue - I can move around freely and explore other areas. It is not a Dr Felix issue. It is an issue for the attention of the developers. I can NOT progress in the game because the puzzle that is meant to appear does not appear.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Jul 13, 16 2:51 PM
sonofstar wrote:New issue. I'm near the top of the Dire Tree. Inside the guard post there's a place to use keys for magical seeds. I had one key, went to place it, the keyhole lit up and the key completely vanished. The game keeps pointing me back to the key hole area. When I'm on the key holes and hit Hint, it makes its musical sound but shows nothing.

So with game coders would actually play through their entire games as if they'd never seen them before. This is a long ways into the game to encounter a glitch, have to start all over again and hope to get past yet another bug. And the thing is I love the Dark Parables series. The graphics and stories are so awesome. The bugs are HUUUUUGE downers.

That's actually a puzzle. You need to click the keyholes until they all work. Took me some time to figure that out.

My problem is now I can't create the weapon for Ross. The worktable in the tent won't interact anymore and I am now stuck. This is with the fix, although I did not have to start from the beginning - at least i thought so. Maybe I'll try again when I'm really bored.

[Post New]by snickrah21 on Jul 13, 16 6:14 PM
are you also planning on releasing an update for the tent issue on the Macs?

[Post New]by Dragonwolf on Jul 13, 16 7:41 PM
I installed the update. No tent. I deleted the game and reinstalled it. No tent.

[Post New]by PegasusD on Jul 14, 16 1:59 AM
I've installed the update and still no tent...

[Post New]by lovebigfish8 on Jul 14, 16 3:04 AM
I'm having the same issue...the tent disappeared and I cannot go back and pick up the glue.

i use a mac

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Jul 14, 16 4:53 AM
Different issue from disappearing tent...Got all the way to the top of the tree and the guide says to use a crossbow. What crossbow??? I have seen other posts outside of tech issues post that have the same problem. Not happy.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Jul 14, 16 10:40 AM
New tent issue! My problem is now I can't create the weapon for Ross. The worktable in the tent won't interact anymore and I am now stuck. I've already updated although I did not have to start from the beginning - at least I thought so. Maybe I'll try again when I'm really bored. I really hate being so close to the end and having to replay the whole game.

[Post New]by ihateglitches on Jul 14, 16 11:04 AM
Installed update - STILL NO TENT.

I want a refund.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 14, 16 3:46 PM
Howdy Everyone,

Thanks you everyone who has tried the update for the tent issue that was announced here:

UPDATE! New PC version for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree Collector's Edition

As a reminder of what was announced in that update, the fix is unable to restore the tent if it is already missing in your playthrough. After installing the update, be sure to start a new player profile and the tent progression issue won't be experienced.

If you are still having trouble with the tent being missing even when starting a new playthrough after updating the game, then please be sure to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can also help us gather data on and report issues to the right team, and they're always happy to help.

I can see there is also a question about whether an update for the Mac version will be made available. At the moment, the update that was released is for the PC version only. We have also reported that the Mac version is experiencing the same tent missing issue, and we will update the forum as soon as we hear back about that. Thanks for your patience.

We on the Forum Moderation team continue to pass on the information being received here to the appropriate teams, so thank you all for being willing to take the time to let us know when a tech issue is encountered. I'm passing along the contents of this thread so that we can all start looking into it.

We'll be keeping an eye out here and will be sure to provide any updates or announcements we are given as soon as possible. Thanks again everybody for your patience and time.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: