Re:Shutter Island is a Rip- Off!

[Post New]by carr7729 on Mar 4, 10 12:41 PM
I quite enjoyed the game, but was very disappointed in the abrupt ending - I had the expectation that it would build to some kind of climax, not fizzle out like a damp squib. On the other hand, it was only $6.99 and it has saved me from spending the money on going to the cinema to see it, or buying the dvd - the story's not that good!

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by my3swps on Mar 4, 10 8:06 PM
Unfortunately, I agree. It had the potential of being a fantastic game, but was one disappointment after another. I probably should have known after the 1 hr. trial, but was hoping better things lay ahead. They didn't! Knew I should have checked the forum first!! (Next time

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Mar 5, 10 6:12 AM
This game is TERRIBLE.

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Mar 5, 10 7:48 AM
I tried shutter Island,because of the movie,thought I give it a chance,but not for me....you know when we bought our dog we didn't do our home work first.....we found out after the fact that dachshounds are not good family dogs,so now when I try a game I also try to get feed back in the forums, this way I won't be displeased with my pick,I would never say the game is bad;;;remember one mans junk is anothers treasure...linda

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Mar 5, 10 4:07 PM
I liked the game but there were times when the storyline didn't make sense or I just was not paying attention. It was over quickly but a lot of these games are short if you are good at finding the hidden objects and playing the puzzles.

The game may be very long for budding gamers; saying it is short is subjective because not everyone will think so.

After I finished it I was delighted to find out that Shutter Island was made into a movie and is doing well at the box office. I'll just wait until my library gets it; then it won't cost anything to watch.

For those who are interested, there is also a book out with the same title. It is definitely on my reading list!

[Post New]by Ridnmyharley on Mar 6, 10 3:41 PM
I've attempted to use the demo....twice on two different computers. Couldn't get the game to load and if it did, it wouldn't allow the play to continue. I'm very disappointed...looked interesting. I don't usually have this much trouble with games here but this one was a flop!

[Post New]by Tackernoon on Mar 6, 10 5:16 PM
It []STINKS

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by tjwilson on Mar 7, 10 12:00 AM
Ripoff is RIGHT, played the one-hour freebie, paid for the game and then ending was right there and it was awful. Can't believe it, don't even know if I want to see the movie the game is so bad!

[Post New]by gertiegirl1 on Mar 9, 10 3:17 PM
I agree totally! You think a game based on a huge movie would be smoother,but the pace and jerkiness totally turned me off. Expected something better.

[Post New]by bobbie7 on Mar 11, 10 5:07 PM
THIS GAME IS A RIP OFF. fINISHED TRIAL BOUGHT IT AND FINISHED 30 MINUTES LATER ALSO. NOT WORTH BUYING

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Mar 12, 10 5:28 PM
All I can say is..BAD,BAD,BAD.Way too short.

powl1247
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by powl1247 on Mar 14, 10 3:50 PM
Shutter Island was a big dissapointment in my book. Items were so obscure and the hint button took foreeeeever to recharge. A big waste of my hard earded money.

[Post New]by rhc1945 on Mar 16, 10 11:20 AM
Seems i m not the only one who was disappointed.Initially the dark side of this game and the muisc/special effects made me more trhan a tad nauseous and I was looking forward to really getting involved,but then...POOF! Done...the poor sap is stuck in this hellhole! "The end". Really!? Apparently $6.99 doesnt seem to get u much these days. Should rename it "Sputter Island"

[Post New]by lolabean on Mar 17, 10 6:45 PM
Not very intereresting!!! End is really bad!!! Not a good game.

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Mar 17, 10 11:57 PM
This game stinks so bad I can't believe it. Was finished in no time and the story line stank. Super waste of money

[Post New]by foocenhaber on Mar 24, 10 11:12 AM
I agree, I tried the free trial and the game was pretty good, joined the games club just to buy the full version only to find it lasted less than half a hour after the free play, dont buy it.

[Post New]by MitsyG on Mar 30, 10 12:20 PM
Wish i had been on forum before buying Shutter Island it was an absolute waste of money. It must have taken me about 40mins to play it and the ending was just a big dissappointment. I will definately search forum before buying another game.

cat70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by cat70 on Apr 3, 10 8:13 PM
I totally agree this game is the worst game I have every purchased. what a waste of money and time the makes of this game should hang there heads with shame.

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on Apr 8, 10 1:14 PM
I'm afraid I totally agree - the joke's on us. We've parted with (admittedly not that much) money and whoever devised this fiasco is chuckling all the way to the bank. What a diabolical waste of time - to call Shutter Island mind-numbing does it the undeserved credit of implying it engages the intellect on any level whatsoever.

If you haven't bought Shutter Island yet, save your money and buy - well - virtually anything else and you will have spent it better.

[Post New]by BrittysMom on Apr 8, 10 8:33 PM
good game...the ending sucks!!

Go to: