folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Diner Dash 5 Boom CE Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by folkdance on Feb 22, 10 6:29 AM
Well, I bought the game and finished it yesterday. My opinion: Not worth $20 - I wish I had waited for the standard version. Then there's the thing with the Facebook button always there - I definitely do not like that and will not buy another game if that's stuck on it. It should be an "opt IN" somewhere at the beginning for people who like it, but not there staring at you all during every play.

The game is fun, but not $20 worth in my opinion.

Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by 741741 on Feb 22, 10 12:36 PM
Boom collection doesn't have the explosion it should. I'm almost to the end and the only difference between the games now is the amount you need to be expert. There's no challenge. I'm still trying to get to the last level in Flo thu Time. Now that's challenging. Boom lets you put the customers in their colored chairs almost automatically. I barely have to move them to the right color coded chair. This game was NOT worth the $20 or $13 since they did give you a free game club credit. Nope, not impressed. Not at all. And what's up with the Facebook connection. How annoying is that?

Edited on 02/22/2010 at 12:37:01 PM PST

[Post New]by espy25 on Feb 22, 10 7:44 PM
I agree with all who say it's not worth 20 bucks! Don't waste your money on this; there's no real challenge; you can blow through it in a matter of hours Fun, but way too easy and way too expensive.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Feb 22, 10 11:22 PM
Add me to the ones feeling ripped off. I bought it pretty much outright because after all this was Diner Dash! But there's nothing to this one, it's easier then all previous versions and obtaining expert on all the levels was no challenge whatsoever. Even the Bonus rounds are easy. There's no endless game to keep you going so once you've played through once, what have you got? A big fat nothing! Lots of junk in the extras area, not a one of which I was interested in and the facebook connection is stupid because nobody I know on facebook plays the game. I wasted $30.00 and I will think twice before I ever buy another Diner Dash game.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Feb 23, 10 3:06 AM
As there's a trial for the new CEs (there wasn't one for the first), I pretty much start to wonder about the many complaints here. Especially people who have played the previous "Diner Dash" games should have realized within one hour of playing that this one is easier (won't deny that). If I'm not sure whether or not the CE-version is something for me, I wait for the standard version.

I do get the feeling some people merely complain about the higher price for CEs, because they think they deserve to get every game for 6.99$. The CEs all have additional content, whether it's worth the higher price is something you have to decide for yourself. If you think the game's too easy, don't buy it at all. If you think the game's okay, but the additional content isn't worth the extra price, wait for the standard version. If you think the game plus the additional content are worth 19.99$ and later on change your mind, it's your problem.

I like the game and the additional content. I have to admit, though, that I never got all that far in previous DD games. I like the screensaver that comes with the game, I like the pictures from the various DD games and I like the game as well. So, for me, the CE is worth the price. (But then, I'm from a country where you pay up to 50 € for a game. 20 $ - about 15 € at the current exchange rate - actually are cheap compared to that.)

tm501
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by tm501 on Feb 23, 10 6:36 PM
This was definitely not worth $20. I feel ripped off and wish I hadn't bought it. There realy is nothing all that special about this game. So if you haven't bought it- wait until its a normal price. Don't waste you rmoney!

[Post New]by espy25 on Feb 23, 10 8:52 PM
b00kworm, I own All of the DD series and my "complaints" are to warn others to save their money. I played the Demo, but believed that, based on prior experience and DD reputation, this game was going to get a lot more difficult as time went on. The 'extras' are worthless; should have been extra levels, not useless sketches, etc. I don't think I deserve to have every game be $6.99, or I wouldn't have sprung for the $20 version. However, for that amount of money, all DD fans should have gotten a much more challenging game with some REAL additional features. Didn't get to discover they were crap until the end.

cjathome
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by cjathome on Feb 24, 10 8:22 PM
I too own all the previous DD games and I don't think I ever paid $6.99 for them since I normally grab them as soon as they are released. So complaining about the price was the not point at all in my opinion. I have no problem paying full pop for a fully featured game that is going to keep me occupied for more than a couple of hours. DD5 Boom 5 is just not that game and fans DO have a right to know that.

Diner Dash has a very good reputation and lots of people will buy it without using up all their demo time. It's purely a money grab promo and now they've risked their reputation with this game, imo, because they've promoted a product that doesn't deliver and that can be deadly to game developer.

Furthermore, I think we have every right to speak honestly of our feelings about the game. After all, isn't that what this thread is for?

[Post New]by lailai625 on Feb 25, 10 3:10 AM
There is a lot of new stuff in this game, I'm really bad at TM games and this one was something that I actually enjoyed beyond the first 15 levels. I think there should be 2 difficulty levels, one is the current and one for harder ones. Also, $20 for some useless extra content? Would have being better to price it at $9.99 and able to use 1 game credit (pay extra $3)..

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Feb 25, 10 10:41 AM
I like it... Not sure if 20$ was a fair price, but it is definitely fun. I think I just was happy to be playing a new diner dash

alleybaba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by alleybaba on Feb 26, 10 12:06 PM
Worst game in the series! Not worth $20.00. I am very disappointed with the developers.

[Post New]by kim1001 on Feb 26, 10 2:33 PM
I thought the game was fun and I was glad that they added some new concepts such as weather conditions. I will probably buy the game later on when the price goes down because I don't think its worth $20.00.

[Post New]by missy7133 on Feb 26, 10 4:10 PM
Love it!! Just finished and it wasn't long enough!!! Did any one get the expert score of 30,000? That sure was high!! I want more!! Can live with out the facebook though! Too busy playing the games.

Dea2112
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dea2112 on Feb 27, 10 11:00 AM
Really pissed that this game is $20. This is the first DD that I haven't bought

I feel really betrayed by Big Fish that they would allow a game that cannot be purchased through a big fish game credit. I have been a loyal customer here for 2 years and now I am wondering why.

Boooo on you Big Fish and Booo on you Diner Dash.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 27, 10 11:30 AM
Dea2112 wrote:Really pissed that this game is $20. This is the first DD that I haven't bought

I feel really betrayed by Big Fish that they would allow a game that cannot be purchased through a big fish game credit. I have been a loyal customer here for 2 years and now I am wondering why.

Boooo on you Big Fish and Booo on you Diner Dash.

*sigh* Just buy the normal version that's out in 2-3 weeks. Buying a CE for three credits is a work in progress that is not implemented yet. No roadmap given though. Nobody is betraying you.

Dea2112
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dea2112 on Feb 27, 10 1:39 PM
Yeah they are. It's wrong to have a $20 game. period. Why be a part of a special club when there is no price break?

[Post New]by LaMariposaNero on Mar 3, 10 2:51 PM
Love it, Love it, Love it!!

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Mar 6, 10 10:20 PM
Once again I was not disappointed! Love Flo!!! Bought the collectors edition and am finally proud to post something in my facebook! This is the first game I have bought that has that add on. Now my friends can truly see what I am doing with the games I play! I love every aspect of the game. Always great to have new adventures with Flo and the gang. I have not finished the game as I do have to work for a living...but enjoying the time I get to spend with the game and just taking my time. I never like getting to the end of the DD games. All experts earns you extra gaming time, which is a nice feature in all the games.

Well worth the $20!!!! Thank you BFG!!!! Love it, love it, love it!! Can hardly wait for add ons!! Maybe some special things for us that bought the deluxe edition?

Paws

[Post New]by MetalJanie on Mar 7, 10 5:35 AM
nardia wrote:Unfortunately, I found this DD game to be quite disappointing, especially for a "collectors edition". I wish I had something more positive to say about it, but I was bored within the first ten minutes. Sorry

[Post New]by MetalJanie on Mar 7, 10 5:36 AM
Is this game released yet? It's been over 2 weeks since I played the trial. I really liked it but when I click on the shortcut icon it says it hasn't been released? Is it

Thanks

Go to: