Re:Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal

[Post New]by doodlebug2u on Feb 19, 10 8:28 AM
The Lion Area: have solved the puzzle but it will not let me leave back to the entrance. I am not sure about the game as this was the first task and it seems like a whole lot of hassle. I just kept clicking on the lion heads until they were all watering the grass.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Feb 19, 10 8:37 AM
geri_mac wrote:i also have given up at repeating the sequence at the pool and its such a shame because i had started to like the game

Hi geri... I tried and tried and could not get past the last seq of 8 till I drew a diagram. I would let it bring up a ring then pause the game write down the number. It worked!

Good-luck

carr62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by carr62 on Feb 19, 10 8:50 AM
i bought this game and i cant belive it didnt take long to complete i wished i hadnt purchased it its a thumbs down

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Feb 19, 10 8:51 AM
In the lion area if you look you see two small fountains in the middle of the right and left of the fountain. Aim the 2 center ones to those and the others towards the grass.

Fairly simple.

doodlebug2u wrote:The Lion Area: have solved the puzzle but it will not let me leave back to the entrance. I am not sure about the game as this was the first task and it seems like a whole lot of hassle. I just kept clicking on the lion heads until they were all watering the grass.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Feb 19, 10 8:56 AM
I really wanted to like this game. The graphics were lovely and the music was ok, as long as I had it on low. I got as far as putting the gems into the proper place and I was left with a key, and I had no idea what to do with it. I exited that scene and when I went back, the gems had to be put into place again. I just deleted the game.

PONYTAILGIRL
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by PONYTAILGIRL on Feb 19, 10 8:57 AM
Unfortunately, this game is extremely ambiguous. There needs to be a walkthrough or hint section for this game. Could be a nice game but has some drawbacks and flaws. Been noticing that "BIG FISH" has been throwing out games recently that have many flaws, gliches etc. Still think they need to test these games more thoroughly and tell the game providers to do a better job.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 19, 10 9:06 AM
NO "SKIP" PUZZLE NO BUY

Happy gaming for those who can play all of them

PEN

camae
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by camae on Feb 19, 10 9:18 AM
I liked the game and after being stuck walking around in circles, discovered that there were more items on my list to find, you have to scroll the list to see that. I only had a few mintues left on my trial so I purchased the game since it seemed fun. About 5min later, I finished the game, not impressed!!!!! What a waste of money

had I not been walking in circles, I could have finished it with the trial time.

Edited on 02/19/2010 at 9:19:04 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 19, 10 9:18 AM
bobobear wrote:I like a game to challange me and I get disappointed if I buy a game that ends up to easy so it's not that I want an easy game. The reason why I personally want a skip option is because I have 6 games that I have already bought that are only half way through because I had to quit due to no skip option. Sometimes they have mini games that require the gamer to be fast with the mouse or some puzzle that just can not be fiqured out ( even by a kid, lol ). I rarely use hints or skips because I want to experiance the game. But I really don't get into buying a game and not being able to complete it because of one puzzle that eludes me.

Thanks bobobear for stating my feelings so well.
I too have games that I can NOT finish because of needing to be fast with the
mouse on one mini game. Why do the "expert" gamers think it's so terrible that we just want the option?

No option, no buy.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Feb 19, 10 9:25 AM
I found myself walking in circles too and agree that there ought to be a skip option on the mini games.

All in all it it was an OK game but a no buy for me I'm afraid.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 19, 10 9:25 AM
Yet again I seem to be in the minority as I enjoyed the demo. I have had no problems with with the hidden objects or puzzles so far. I agree with a previous poster that most HOGs are made to be very user friendly and are most suited to newbies etc. I have been playing games for soo long now it makes a treat for me to be given something a bit more challenging. In the "olden" days of playing there were no hints or skips.

I really don't want to be sounding difficult, and I apologise in advance if I do - but aren't hidden objects meant to be hidden? If I was making a HOG i would probably put green stuff on a green background etc etc.

Simon says games ARE difficult I agree, but again as a previous poster says, the best way of tackling these is to make a note of them on a bit of paper.

It's a real treat to find a more difficult game. It's great that BF mixes all the games up, some simple, some difficult, M3, HOGS, TM etc. There is always something for everyones tastes and ability.

juliebr
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by juliebr on Feb 19, 10 9:41 AM
I am stuck in the gardens with only 5 screens to play. I thought the hint about scrolling to see more items to find would help but my item list has arrows like it should scroll--but doesn't. Since I only have 5 minutes left on free trial, I am going to say thanks for almost an hour of play but no thanks for spending money on frustration. Good game---not enough help to provide relaxation.

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Feb 19, 10 9:44 AM
I enjoyed the game but I had 4 of the 6 scrolls at the bottom of the screen when the demo ended so If getting the 6 scrolls is the end of the game it is a no buy for me. I used the map button a lot to get around and on paper marked where i had been. I found that if you finished some of the areas then the game wouldn't let you get back there, you could only get to areas that you had to go through to get to other areas. It is just too short to buy. I sometimes find a pen and paper next to your computer is a handy tool for some of these games.

[Post New]by puddleduck4946 on Feb 19, 10 9:47 AM
this game was way too short. didn't much care for it. wish i had saved my $6.99 for another game. too bad they don't have customer satisfaction so we could get our money back on really bad games. ha ha oh well maybe one of these days i will learn to check the forums totally before i purchase a game. my bad!!!!!! i don't recommend purchasing this game unless you just want a quick game to play.

Southla
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Southla on Feb 19, 10 9:47 AM
I'm afraid I'm with the general consensus on this one: even though the graphics are lovely, not having a SKIP button for the puzzles that I don't care for (repeating sequences would be one) is a NO SALE for me. Sorry.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 19, 10 10:29 AM
I could not take it any more after playing the game ten minutes. This game is a loser. I will go back and play Sweeney Todd again today for about the tenth time. Seeney Todd is a great game!

[Post New]by JohnDet on Feb 19, 10 10:36 AM
I agree with most comments....what the heck am I supposed to do???
and the cursor is no help either....how about a walkthrough??

Koodle
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Koodle on Feb 19, 10 11:01 AM
It's a no buy for me, too. The hidden objects are way too hard to see..I'm old, but I'm not THAT old. You can't skip any puzzles and only three wrong clicks and your cursor does a dance. And for what? It's not like you're losing any time or hints for wrong clicks. Just silly.

Otherwise, great game.

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Feb 19, 10 11:21 AM
Well, finished the game and as everyone is saying it is very short and the end is very sudden. I went through the maze collecting picture pieces and then emerged from the maze to put the picture together. When I did that the game suddenly stopped and went back to the title page, no ending scripts or anything, certainly not worth the money in my opinion.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Feb 19, 10 3:25 PM
I tried the demo. Spent most of my time at the pond trying to match those stupid circles. I to had to draw a diagram for the 6-7&8 circles to follow. Got tired of walking around in circles trying to find the next "spot" I was supposed to find. Hidden objects weren't very hidden. I found most of them without even checking the list first. I had 4 scrolls before game ended. Ok game for beginners maybe? No skip, even though I try to complete the task without using it, is frustrating. Would I buy it? No not after reading all the negative comments and it was pretty basic and would even be boring after playing most of the more challenging games on BF. Sorry, no buy for me.

Go to: