bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 3, 16 5:06 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to post here and for your patience. When a technical issues occur, we will generally encourage taking a look at our help articles as they are the quickest way to resolve most common technical issues with our games. I've gone ahead and included one below that contains some great, versatile steps for a variety of situations and a specific article dealing with Access Violation errors:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation

If you are getting an error in the Big Fish Games app with a numbered code, the following article may have more information about that particular error and steps to try:

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

If you are playing on Windows 10, this article may be helpful:

Windows 10

And, if you are using a Mac computer to play this game, this article may have steps that can help:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If this issue continues, the help articles above are unable to help, or if you would just like some personalized assistance, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide customized support and are always happy to help.

We appreciate your effort and time to let us know you're experiencing these things and the Forum Moderation team will be sure to continue to advocating for our players and providing this sort of information to the appropriate teams. Thank you again for your patience everybody, and please continue to post any issues you come across for this game.

bfgIlinalta

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's Metzengerstein CE here.

[Post New]by mhansen25 on Aug 3, 16 7:34 PM
Played mini-game with matching 3 or more fruits to get apples for solvent. Received apples, but not in my inventory and cannot go further? Windows 10 - no other issues so far.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Aug 30, 16 11:57 PM
I can't get the candle to work, it just rises above the outline and keeps resetting

Just finished the game and bonus game and found more glitches

Main Game:

1) The candle either goes above or to the right depending on my resolution and I tried all of them with no luck

2) Like the last installment the game isn't in true Full Screen and has black above and below

3) The mini game with the blocks where you need to get the four symbols into their places doesn't have a RESET so either you have to get it or skip it

4) The puzzle with the fruit where you have to click and drag along a line to collect them won't let you select or gather fruit from the bottom 2 rows

Bonus Game:

5) The stable door puzzle doesn't give the instructions (it's garbled) and the game will not let me move the horses beyond the middle of the column so it is impossible to complete the puzzle

6) Near the end the game started freezing and I had to exit and reenter...other than that no lag

Edited on 08/31/2016 at 6:41:32 PM PST

[Post New]by vewdewkitty on Aug 31, 16 6:20 PM
Kacey5 wrote:Access violation. Game won't open. Windows 10

exact same problem.

Supernerd
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Supernerd on Sep 11, 16 3:25 AM
I am getting "Error: Access violation at 0x030B0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated."

I have tried all the troubleshooting hints mentioned in your help pages and no joy. This is not the first time this has happened, and I suspect it won't be the last.
It's starting to happen more and more often.

My PC is a Win10 machine.

I'm not going to report this error to helpdesk as all I get is an automatic acknowledgement and a free game code (which I have no use for). Then I hear no more.

This is the second faulty game I've come across within the space of 1 week.

[Post New]by AleteiaParis on Sep 14, 16 6:04 AM
Stuck at "arranging the herbs" in the kitchen. Have done everything else up to that point (double-checked with the strategy guide to no avail).
I just can't seem to switch the herbs around. Bought the game on Mac.
Thanks!

[Post New]by trinitylynn on Feb 5, 17 9:42 AM
I used the buy one get one deal (for collections)this morning and they BOTH still have time limits, saying I need to buy them yet!!!!! I cannot find a restore option plz correct this asap

Edited on 02/05/2017 at 9:42:41 AM PST

[Post New]by flossymae on Feb 9, 17 8:46 PM
Parrotfish wrote:There is a problem with the bucket. I've collected all the parts and put the bucket together but it is not shown in the inventory. The only thing in the inventory is the bucket bottom. Clicking on the bucket bottom brings up the completed bucket but you can't retrieve it. Clicking on Hint shows the bucket bottom and we go round again. What happened to the completed bucket?
try to tie the ends of the rope together that worked for me

[Post New]by flossymae on Feb 9, 17 8:49 PM
aowyn wrote:I am playing on a MAC. It's been going pretty smoothly until I try to make the potion for rust remover...I can't arrange the herbs correctly. I have done everything else, I checked the guide, but I cannot switch the herbs around into the correct of three containers... please fix or advise. Thank you!
same problem here

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Feb 18, 17 7:06 PM
The flame is still glitchy and while there is a fix for The Raven nothing has been done for this one

The candle rises above the outline when I click it and the game resets....I'm forced to skip the puzzle along with one in the bonus game (I posted last Nov and think I even sent in a report)...the voucher for a free game is nice but I'd rather have a fix so I can enjoy the game I paid for

Go to: