nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 6, 10 1:51 PM
saltonuph01 wrote:cant find branch #4 its supposed to be on yhe right inside the blue gate but not there can anyone help with this?

To find branch # 4 go through the blue gate. Walk all the way down the path until you come to the river. Turn around and the branch will be on the right.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

Welcome to Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches forum

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Mar 6, 10 9:41 PM
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum which I find it full of nice people and I enjoy your comments very much.
I've been playing BF games for some years, it is really a respectable site
Now let's talk about the game which I just finished. It is an excellent game, it keeps me thinking all the time. I admit at the beginning I had to check the walkthrough for few hints to check that I'm on the right track then I enjoyed the challenge to continue on my own. The notes really make it easy to know the next step, very helpful. The only thing that some may find boring is that you have to take notes for everything you find and where you found it. That was not a problem for me because I always take notes when playing this style of games. The 1 hour trail is not fair to judge this game but as soon as the game starts, I knew it…it is going to be great. I bought it before I finish the trial time.
Highly recommended, BF please give us more of this.....NouniSmile

Olivia47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Olivia47 on Mar 10, 10 5:59 AM
I am stuck trying to get into Rhiannon's room. I went in all the other rooms, looked at everything like I was supposed to (like the walkthrough said). But when I come to her door and click on the handle no words appear on the door like they are supposed to. What am I doing wrong? Please help!
Thank you

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 10, 10 6:24 AM
Olivia47 wrote:I am stuck trying to get into Rhiannon's room. I went in all the other rooms, looked at everything like I was supposed to (like the walkthrough said). But when I come to her door and click on the handle no words appear on the door like they are supposed to. What am I doing wrong? Please help!
Thank you

Welcome to the forum. Some people with glitches in their game have found that uninstalling, reinstalling and starting a new game has solved the problem. It is important to start a new game rather than continuing with a saved one.

[Post New]by lunawolf1313 on Mar 10, 10 10:19 AM
This has been one of the best games I have played since the early 90's! you really do have to be patient and thoroughly think your way through this game...great way to keep the old brain feeling young!

beltie
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by beltie on Mar 11, 10 1:25 PM
Didn't like at all. Read everyone else's comments about the graphics being great. They were HORRIBLE on my computer which has NVIDIA and is usually fantastic. The drop downs I found cumbersome and annoying. The fact that the intro takes forever to load is also another minus for me. I'm really bummed - was looking forward to playing as I'd heard good things

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Mar 15, 10 5:45 PM
Just finished game. It is really good. I didn't like the walkthrough either because it takes that long (1 hour) to get the game going. Once you get used to the inventory system, saving often and don't be afraid to take a peek at a walkthrough to get a hint about what you need to be doing. The interactive map is perfect for those that hate running around to pick up needed items. It's like magic, once you've been there it is on your map. Like Nancy Drew games, it has a notebook and tells you what your next thing to do is.The ending is awesome, the story is awesome and IMO one of the better LFG I've played.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Mar 18, 10 1:47 PM
doxiega: Problem with joining the 3 slates

Click on the first slate and see it in close up view then select 2nd slate and click it on the close up view of the first one..they will be joined .. do the same on the 3rd slate which is to click it on the close up view of the 2 joined slates .....hope this will help
...enjoy this lovely game...Nouni

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 18, 10 4:42 PM
doxiegal5 wrote:I clicked on the rock by the car but the rock disappeared. Where can I find it? It's not in my inventory

Hi doxie

If you are having these problems you need to ask customer services for help. It could be that you don't have an updated version of DirectX - Rhiannon needs version 9 to run properly. It may mean that you end up reinstalling the game - if so please send me a PM if you don't want to have to start the game from the beginning.

Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by Bookworm44 on Mar 21, 10 2:49 PM
I am hopelessly stuck. I can't get the slates to combine, and some things I have collected have disappeared. Should I totally start over? I love it, but it's frustrating!!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 21, 10 4:39 PM
Bookworm44 wrote:I am hopelessly stuck. I can't get the slates to combine, and some things I have collected have disappeared. Should I totally start over? I love it, but it's frustrating!!

Hi Bookworm

I'm sending you a PM

Karen

[Post New]by Biffnben on Mar 25, 10 7:21 AM
Dreadful game!

Firstly it has a fault that requires you to reload and replay the game (after using the trial) to combine slates. Then, having reached Chapter three...... the Map has disappeared! (another fault?)... should I reload it and start again? again!

The mouse interface is awful.. with a pop-up inventory top and bottom that continually distract from the gameplay. To give an example of this... the car door handle is close to the bottom of the screen and I had to read the walkthrough to discover that that you had to carefully position the cursor (avoid the pop-up) to rattle the door handle before I was able to pick up a stone....

A great deal more testing is required by the producers of this game before they are allowed to release another

[Post New]by Biffnben on Mar 25, 10 7:28 AM
....and if you didn't understand what I meant by 'Map'...

The one on the bottom pop-up with the Notes and Information is the one that has disappeared

[Post New]by stewart976d on Mar 30, 10 12:47 PM
this game was a total waste of my time restarted this game 5 times and every single time something different doesnt work i cant get the crown from under the stone tried everything and im nearly finished the chapter

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 30, 10 3:23 PM
stewart976d wrote:this game was a total waste of my time restarted this game 5 times and every single time something different doesnt work i cant get the crown from under the stone tried everything and im nearly finished the chapter

Hi Stewart

When you say you have started 5 times, are you loading up a save from the trial or starting from the beginning and creating new saves?

If you are using any save from the trial then I'm afraid you will keep introducing a known glitch. You need to start from a new game and play the game through without using any saves. Any new saves you create will be fine.

SPOILER ALERT

The crown only becomes available after you have combined the slate pieces and completed the puzzle on the exterior walls. You should see a cut scene upon taking the slate showing the 2nd part of the spell which leads you back to the standing stone and the crown is then available. Please let me know if I've misunderstood your problem with the crown so I can provide a better answer.

Hope that helps
Karen

tia31
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tia31 on Mar 30, 10 7:17 PM
Glad I not the only one having trouble....my inventory items keep disappearing too, driving me nuts!!

Car window and stone

[Post New]by jennikj1975 on Apr 1, 10 4:30 PM
I found the car and picked up the stone to break the window, but when I look in my inventory the stone is not there...any suggestions?? Thanks!

P.S. I have direct x 9.0 already...

Edited on 04/01/2010 at 4:37:48 PM PST

[Post New]by kilachick on Apr 3, 10 7:23 AM
Can't seem to use the ladder on the scaffold??? been stuck here for days!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 3, 10 11:04 AM
kilachick wrote:Can't seem to use the ladder on the scaffold??? been stuck here for days!

Hi kilachick

Are you in chapter 3 (Water)?

Are you using the 'long' ladder from the terminus building? There is also a step ladder in the house but that won't work on the scaffold.

If you have the long ladder, have you looked up (up arrow) so you can see a 'cog' cursor on the scaffolding? If so, then you should be able to place the ladder there ok. The 'up' arrow can be a bit tricky to find. You need to be facing the back of the house by the scaffold. Move your mouse slightly to the right and towards the top of the screen. Click it and you'll see a slightly different view of the scaffold and also the cog cursor (I hope).

Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by BeadedLady on Apr 6, 10 6:01 AM
I love this game, as others have commented - logic, logic, logic! HOWEVER, I can't seem to combine the three pieces of slate. When I right click on a piece, nothing happens, then I left click and bring it over to another piece and left click again - nothing happens - no matter which of the three I try to combine with another. Is it me?????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Go to: