4mem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re: Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches technical issues

[Post New]by 4mem on Mar 7, 10 7:29 AM
I have the three pieces of slate but I can’t right click on any of them. I can right click on some other things in the inventory but not on any branches or on any slate pieces.
I tried to take the book of the trees but disappeared.
I continued playing the game that I saved from the trial version. If I start a new game will I be able to play without any problem?

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 2:03:47 PM PST

pamalee444
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by pamalee444 on Mar 7, 10 1:55 PM
FYI When ever I want to go between 2 screens, just use the alt+tab keys and you can go to any open window. Hope this helps you out!

[Post New]by cat3995 on Mar 7, 10 10:45 PM
I am having the same problem. It will not let me right click and open the close up view. So basically I am stuck at this point in the game until someone comes up with a fix

4mem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by 4mem on Mar 8, 10 8:59 PM
cat 3995 unfortunately you must restart the game!!! I'm sure that you continued playing the game that you saved from the trial version. I restarted it and I played till the end without having any serious problem. Restarting a game it's boring and nerve-racking but give it a chance! Trust me! Unless some technical problems it's a GREAT game! Playing again the only problem was that I should wait toooooo long whenever I wanted to save my game! But the story, the puzzles, the graphics are GREAT!

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on Mar 11, 10 6:48 PM
Wow, I wish I had read this thread first!!!!

I have the full verseion and am enjoying the game however now realise I have to start over as I continued my game from the trial version - frustrating......

Good game though keeping me on my toes!

Disappearing Cradle ad?

[Post New]by alleycat91706 on Mar 18, 10 6:52 PM
yorkdigger wrote:Alright, I'm at the standing stone and bonding the sword, claw etc with their corresponding branches, I got to the cradle, added the Ad from the Furniture place, and then added what I though was the correct branch. I got the puff of smoke and laugh telling me I did it wrong. The branch (branch #4) popped back into my inventory, but the Ad is GONE. Not anywhere in my inventory. I even checked back to the entrance way to see if it was back under the newspaper. No dice. Also checked to see if it was still in the pit at the base of the stone but it will let me add two items again as if there is nothing there. HELP!

I have a similar problem. I added the wrong branch to the claw charm and the claw charm disappeared. It is not in my inventory and not where I originally found it. I don't know what to do know. I am not using a saved game from the trial version. This is a game started after I purchased the full version. Any help please?

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Mar 18, 10 8:29 PM
Okay, this is totally absurd.. I have spent a lot of time getting to where I am in this purchased game, only to have inventory items start randomly disappearing..

Telling people to simply start over again is totally unacceptable. WHY was the trial version left up for download, when it was known by both BigFish games and the game's developer that this "unfixable" issue was being created by installing the trial and then installing the purchased version of this game??

Totally disgusted here. Utter waste of my time, effort, and money.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Mar 19, 10 4:53 PM
warmbear wrote:Okay, this is totally absurd.. I have spent a lot of time getting to where I am in this purchased game, only to have inventory items start randomly disappearing..

Telling people to simply start over again is totally unacceptable. WHY was the trial version left up for download, when it was known by both BigFish games and the game's developer that this "unfixable" issue was being created by installing the trial and then installing the purchased version of this game??

Totally disgusted here. Utter waste of my time, effort, and money.

Hi warmbear

I do apologise for this. If you started a new game after installing the full version of Rhiannon, then you shouldn't be having these problems. Unfortunately, if you already saved a game in the original trial (which I assume has been updated now) then the problem is in the save and you would have to start a new game in any case just to rid yourself of the original save (sorry I'm making this sound really complicated).

However, I can help by sending you a save from the start of chapter 2 or later (if you send me your latest save so I can see where you're up to). Could you send me a PM so I can help with this?

Best wishes
Karen

roxop
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by roxop on Mar 20, 10 6:12 PM
I am really ENJOYING this game. But I came up to my first technical issue, or so I think:
I am trying to freeze the slides, put them in freezer but I can't get them out. Looked at my notes and it says I have to read the Magical Water article. I have done that several times but the note is not crossed out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Maria

roxop
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by roxop on Mar 21, 10 9:24 AM
Never mind my last post. Solved the problem.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Apr 9, 10 1:50 PM
Aggravating!! That's how I would sum up the 15 minutes I invested in this game. When I first downloaded it, I could not get the cabinet with the electrical panel to open. I had to reload the game and go through the entire lengthy beginning credits and dialog without a skip option, again. At the second download, I was able to open the electrical panel, pick up the wood for the fireplace, find the lighter, but could not put the firewood on the hearth. I am guessing you cannot move further into the game unless lighting the fire has been achieved. I was allowed to save at this point, but seriously, now I am just aggravated with the whole thing and doubt I will go back to it. Like most people, I want to be challenged and entertained, not frustrated to the point of no return. Well, that's my two cents. Too bad because I read the reviews and was very excited to give this one a whirl,

[Post New]by RavynWoolf on Apr 11, 10 8:57 AM
I wish there had been an answer about the magazine article not getting crossed off the list. It reads as though there should be a second page, but I've pixel hunted the entire page (NOT amusing) and didn't find a way to flip it over. I can't seem to continue with the water puzzle, so something isn't working correctly. While this might be another puzzle, it isn't a very good one. When a game has this many interface issues it can be very difficult to tell if you are running up against a puzzle or yet another technical glitch/interface quirk. Having already started this game over again from the beginning when I was halfway through the second chapter I am NOT pleased. I'm very impressed with the puzzles and storyline in general - it is one of the more interesting and pleasingly tricky adventure games I've played in a long time, but I'm getting tired of fussing with game quirks and guessing about whether I've hit a glitch or a puzzle.

Someone please tell me if I'm missing a puzzle or if I need to give up on a poorly designed game (maybe both?). Thanks.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 11, 10 4:09 PM
Hi RavynWoolf

There is only one page to the article - it does contain much of what you need to know about how to do the water puzzles. It won't get crossed off the list because you'll need to read and use the information to solve the water puzzles and crossing it off the list may stop you from looking at it again.

I'm not sure what you're stuck on though so I'm not sure how to help. Can you be more specific? It might be worth a peek at the walkthrough so that you can see if there is something you've missed doing. If you've restarted the game and got into chapter 3, then you shouldn't have any more problems with glitches but please make sure you create new saves rather than overwriting previous saves as overwriting will slow down the loading/saving process.

If you can let me know what tasks you've done so far in this chapter, I can maybe point you in the right direction to continue without giving too much away.

Karen
Arberth Studios

[Post New]by Eddy34 on Apr 19, 10 12:05 AM
Having problems in chapter 2 with the tree plan & books not appearing in inventory. I can hear the noise, bit nothing appears. I did play the demo, however I did not save any demo games. All save games are from the main game. Really fed up as was enjoying game. Will the new download sort the problem.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 19, 10 12:01 PM
Eddy34 wrote:Having problems in chapter 2 with the tree plan & books not appearing in inventory. I can hear the noise, bit nothing appears. I did play the demo, however I did not save any demo games. All save games are from the main game. Really fed up as was enjoying game. Will the new download sort the problem.

Hi Eddy

I've just replied to your other post but this one is more specific and highlights that you are having other problems. It is probably that you need the new version of the game. Having got it though, you're going to have to start again or I suspect you'll have the same problems. That's where I can help. I can send you a saved game so you can start at chapter 2 rather than from the beginning. I'll send you a quick PM so I can arrange to do that for you.

Best wishes
Karen

pzldoer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pzldoer on Apr 19, 10 3:16 PM
I have read all the posts and am having the same problem as many others. FIrst of all I did do the demo before I bought the game, but started a new game after the install. Now I have no books in inventory and can't combine the slates. When I right click now on an item in inventory it does not give me a large version. When I try and use an item IE: Trying to get oil and gas, the pitcher disappears. I finally got the weed wacker running and in inventory, but with no books and no ability to combine the slate, I am at a dead end ((((
I have read that Kazkaz1957 has a save at start of chapter 2 and was wondering if it could be sent to me? I just don't have the ooomph to play from the beginning all over again. How can I get the saved game and then how do I get it into my puter?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 19, 10 3:51 PM
pzldoer wrote:I have read all the posts and am having the same problem as many others. FIrst of all I did do the demo before I bought the game, but started a new game after the install. Now I have no books in inventory and can't combine the slates. When I right click now on an item in inventory it does not give me a large version. When I try and use an item IE: Trying to get oil and gas, the pitcher disappears. I finally got the weed wacker running and in inventory, but with no books and no ability to combine the slate, I am at a dead end ((((
I have read that Kazkaz1957 has a save at start of chapter 2 and was wondering if it could be sent to me? I just don't have the ooomph to play from the beginning all over again. How can I get the saved game and then how do I get it into my puter?

Hi pzldoer

Yes, I have a save that will let you continue. I can only send it to you by normal email so we need to contact each other by PM to arrange this. I'll send you a PM now.

Karen

[Post New]by cherylcarle on May 3, 10 1:43 PM
I have collected the three stones but am not able to combine them. None of my items in my inventory are maximizing when I click on them. I have read the walk-through to see if there is something I need to do first but the directions for combining the stones seem relatively easy. Have I missed something or is this a glitch in the game?

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on May 4, 10 4:06 PM
cherylcarle wrote:I have collected the three stones but am not able to combine them. None of my items in my inventory are maximizing when I click on them. I have read the walk-through to see if there is something I need to do first but the directions for combining the stones seem relatively easy. Have I missed something or is this a glitch in the game?

Hi cheryl

I've responded to your PM - please check your messages.

Best wishes
Karen

[Post New]by ooeepooee on May 10, 10 1:35 PM
I have restarted my game several times but am still not getting the down pointing arrow that is necessary to get the key from under the flower pot. It worked in the demo, but even after starting several new games in the full game, I'm left wandering. What should I do?

Go to: