Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches

[Post New]by Dragonfish89 on Apr 3, 10 5:07 PM
Hi Magicalnat and others who found this part a bit frustrating and tricky...

I found this worked for me...look at slate 1 in close up by RIGHT mouse clicking, then LEFT mouse click slate 2 from inventory and it willclick/combine with slate 1, and then LEFT mouse click slate 3 and it will click/combine with slate 2...hope this helps.

My favourite games are Adventure games and am loving Rhiannon and am very happy to see a bit of adventure games coming into HOG, such as Mystery Case Files (Ravenhurst and Dire Grove).

psSorry guys, I am new to posting and couldn't work out how to quote and reply all in the one go.

Edited on 04/03/2010 at 5:09:32 PM PST

124u
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by 124u on Apr 5, 10 2:57 PM
Zula:
This game is absolutely Magnificent!!!!!! So awesome for those of us who go thru games too quickly & feel like it wasn't even a game. Please come out with another!!!!! LOVED this1

[Post New]by JadedCalifia on Apr 6, 10 6:02 PM
I tried the trial period and I could not stand the controls on this. It drove me nuts. I liked the story, but if it had been easier to maneuver around, I would have been more inclined to purchase it except for how difficult I found it to move and interact with it. If you're interested in a story and easy mobility try Syberia, it's a blast in my opinion and something I'd love to see more of on this site.

[Post New]by Dragonfish89 on Apr 7, 10 3:56 AM
A tip for getting around more quickly is to open up the map and click on the red arrow nearest to where you want to go to and it takes you straight there. Although sometimes you need to walk away first such as the first time you leave the garage, otherwise you miss a cut scene. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by okanaganbeat on Apr 10, 10 8:22 PM
I just finished this game and absolutely loved it! One tip tho, if you do try the demo, make sure you get rid of it before buying the game, or you'll have issued. Download the game and start fresh. The graphics and story line was great, and the puzzles actually made some logical sense, they weren't impossible to figure out! I got tons of great hours playing this, and would highly recommend it!

roebur
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by roebur on Apr 16, 10 11:13 AM
i agree with all the "POSITIVE" comments you received. i just love- love this game, wish the next one i pick will be as " great " dont really care for the hidden objects games, but play them on occasion,( when desperate ) any more similar to this type ?

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 18, 10 6:05 PM
Well, more positive than negative comments. I got a coupon code from PF and I'm giving it a try. I'll post my comments if there's no glitch and if I can make my way around. I really look forward to playing (and liking) this game.
Later

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 20, 10 11:19 AM
WOW, I LOVE and HATE this game. I did do the demo first and then purchased it. I love it because it makes you think with minimal clues. Well, the clues tell you what to do but you have to figure things out in the order of the plan of action. Ex: you are allowed to pick up objects only when it is time. Lot's of areas to roam in and out of and I found myself knowing the house like it was my own lol. But I'm also fogetting where I saw the next object in play and finding myself scratching my head, "where did I see that object".
The hate part is that I would be wandering hours and hours not making any leadway to advance. Found the objects but putting things together, opening, or fishing out objects made me want to pull my hair out. Ugh...had to purchase the Stradgy guide and glad I did. I will say that it is best to read everything you pick up in this game, it will help alot. Felt like I was doing more reading then playing but all is good.
Still playing now (on second day) and at Chapter Three. Very long game and a must to follow directions. OH,another thing, that darn cat and its gift. I'm feeding the feline but it still brings me that surprise which I hate. Well getting back to the game and finally getting the hang of this one. Yippy, I think my IQ went up on this!

[Post New]by mazzro2 on Apr 20, 10 5:27 PM
this game is really good, and i'm looking forward to playing it more. so far i've loaded it 4 times. the first time, the computer wouldn't take my password, so i deleted the game and reloaded it. the last three times i can't get to the main to turn on the electricity. i was going great guns in the first instance, but i'm getting REALLY FRUSTRATED with the logistics of this game. please help!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Apr 21, 10 11:07 AM
mazzro2 wrote:this game is really good, and i'm looking forward to playing it more. so far i've loaded it 4 times. the first time, the computer wouldn't take my password, so i deleted the game and reloaded it. the last three times i can't get to the main to turn on the electricity. i was going great guns in the first instance, but i'm getting REALLY FRUSTRATED with the logistics of this game. please help!

Hi Mazzro

When you first enter through the front door of the house, straight ahead of you is a light switch (there's a zoom in cursor over it). You need to click the switch to show you that the electricity is turned off. Then turn around and head back to the front door that you came through and just before you go out, turn left and open the little cupboard there. You should be able to switch on the electricity at that point.

Make sure that you save your game before you quit because it doesn't save automatically. Just go up to the top left of the screen and click on the menu button that appears there. Chose 'save' from the menu and enter a name for your save. Don't be tempted to overwrite previous saves. Always create new ones as there are 100 save slots.

Hope that helps
Karen

Edited on 04/21/2010 at 11:09:40 AM PST

frankib
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by frankib on May 6, 10 6:53 AM
Just finnished playing, very good game lots of frustration plenty of serching.Some areas dificult to control cursor to go where it was required. overall very enjoyable even though I gave up twice and went back. Percivier its worh it. Walkthrough is short by five pages!!!
Happy Day's

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on May 31, 10 7:44 AM
I am so in love with this game. I am a die hard MYST fan and love wandering through gloomy landscapes solving puzzles.

Speaking of MYST, I notice the noise of the pages turning sound very familliar.

colieleigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

good game

[Post New]by colieleigh on Jun 10, 10 9:17 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I love games that are lengthy and this one was... took me a couple days to work through. It is challenging and I cant honestly see how someone could figure some of these puzzles out w/o help from a walkthrough... the notes are helpful and give you a bit of guidance. The most irritating thing for this game in my opinion... the audio. There are points where the background is super loud... others where it is deathly quiet... the "spooky" noises when you see the spirits etc are just laughable and the music played at the very end of the game is very annoying. This game was definately worth the purchase for me.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jun 25, 10 6:52 AM
I loved playing this game. Sometimes I like fast paced timed games and sometimes I like slow games where I wander back and forth through landscapes, looking for things and solving logic puzzles.

At first I would not use the map to jump from place to place. I thought it would be more “realistic” if I took the long way. But then I relented since there were many times I couldn’t find what I was looking for.

I don’t know if it was just my computer but this game took forever to load and save. I also had the habit of crashing.

This is not a fault of the game but I couldn’t pronounce the names. I also thought the house had a weird layout but this is not an American game so names and houses are not what I am used to.

All in all a great game with a satisfactory ending.

[Post New]by jgbird on Jun 25, 10 1:59 PM
Great game. Made you think. Good story line that made sense - most of the time - and some nice surprises. I had saving and loading takes forever problems but even with that, it was a good game. More games like this please, preferably without save load delays.

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Aug 16, 10 8:55 AM
I loved this game. I get so tired of playing games that take only a few hours to a day...but this one was a challenge. It was very nice that there were "notes" to look at that gave hints (and more, sometimes) what to do next. I like that once you had visited a location, you could navigate there automatically via the map. I wish that the notebook, however stayed on the most recent page. It was irritating that I had to page through it each time I wanted to look at my "notes." A slide bar on the inventory would have been nice, too. Clicking back and forth was an inconvenience. All in all, it was WELL WORTH what I paid for this game....and the game people were VERY responsive when I had a glitch. It was fixed easily. LOTS OF FUN!!!! FIVE STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 16, 10 12:05 PM
I have had this game for a while now on disc, but never had played it. Due to all the great feedback on the forum, I finally did play it - and loved it! My version unfortunately did not have the map or notes feature, which really would have helped I am sure - I had to rely on the walkthrough more than I would have liked - I guess I loose patience when I can't seem to figure out what to do after a while. It really was a great game though - it reminded me of Barrow Hill, which Big Fish hasn't gotten yet - but I would recommend if you liked this one.

Rhiannon was a nice change of pace - well made with an excellent story that kept you thinking - it also took me days to get through. It is great that Big Fish does offer this type of game - I just love the large file adventures. I really wish more games like this one were out there - they seem to be few and far between...

valhollis
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by valhollis on Aug 21, 10 3:46 PM
This was an incredible game. The story was original and enthralling. The puzzles were challenging. I would rate this as one of the best games I have ever played. I have one complaint, once I got into the graveyard, I placed the orbs and they were accepted by the game. After saving the game and coming back to it, the orbs were gone! I checked the walkthrough and found out that I had placed the orbs in the wrong places. The orbs were not in my inventory. The only way I could get the orbs back was to go back to an earlier saved game and replay everything to get the orbs back. I would suggest that in the future, you do not allow a scene to accept an object if it is in the wrong place. That way it can stay in the inventory. I had hours of fun playing this game and highly recommend it to those who appreciate the large file games. Five stars! I read on the internet that the same developers are suppose to come out with a game called Coven. When will this be available?

[Post New]by oldlady1935 on Sep 4, 10 9:21 AM
Great looooong game. I needed the walkthrough, but I am sure a good many of the BF minnnows did. The graphics, story line were outstanding. If you wander around before you get serious about playing, the map becomes very handy. I have played a few large file (LF) games and this one has joined my favorites. If any of you want to try some great LF games try White Wolf of Icicle Creek, a Nancy Drew, (I learned how to play fox and geese in this one) and Destination Treasure Island. Large file games give you more bang for the buck. They also provide you with a walk around experience. I love playing a game where I can explore the territory. I do get myself lost every once in a while, but it is so much fun trying to get back. Anyway...give this one a shot.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Sep 13, 10 2:19 AM
kiddledo wrote:Hate this game!!!!!would like to get my money back if that is possible. Love long stories and games but do not have the time to wander around and around..tried to play when it down loaded but with so little results... I quit. Not worth going step by step with the walk through blog
How about it, can I have a do over?

that's why they offer a demo..so you can try BEFORE you purchase..

Go to: