TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 29, 16 4:55 PM
Solgud wrote:

I'd suggest all zz, airships, flowers, HOS, whatever count towards the global goal. Keep personal goals but you have to get at least the second one to be in the pot.


Or maybe require a bit more for the 1st and 2nd personal goal.

Would making the goals 25 - 50 - 75 or 15 - 40 - 75 have made it impossible for lower level players to take part?




 
Shadow3814
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Shadow3814 on Jul 29, 16 5:25 PM
I'll probably put a damper on this, but.... When I saw how many people needed to contribute for the Global Goal, I thought... "Not gonna make it." Sorry, guys. Yes, I did contribute over my personal goals, but I wasn't about to continue until I had no inventory left. My main game, at level 71, still has a lot of inventory because I set a limit, period. Sorry, that some players continued and now, basically, have no inventory left, but you should have set a limit. Plus, you have to take into consideration, that there are a lot of new players out there, that started playing after the 1/20 up-date, so they don't have the inventory that some of us have or had. I also contributed on my second game.... only because I am still trying to level up, which means I am still doing ZZ's' so.... duh! Needless to say, I didn't set a limit there because it didn't hurt me, but I wasn't about to lose any sleep over it, either.

Yes, I agree, that the Global Goal, in the last two challenges, were outrageous and the DEVS need to reconsider this because neither one was achieved. I think a goal of 250,000 or even 300,000 would be more obtainable. But... this is called a "Challenge" and I believe that 500,000 is too much of a challenge. We now know, for a fact that it can't or won't be achieved. If the next challenge calls for 500,000, you can count me out.

As for the rewards? I agree that the 25 Pet Medallions was a little out of sync with the rest of the rewards. Everything was played or set towards Pet Food. What should have been offered, instead of Medallions, was 25 Special Food. I would have been more happier with that.

And as for compensating those that went above and beyond? I disagree... this is a challenge! Why should those that contributed get a little something extra? Going above and beyond is a just chance we all took.

Again, sorry that some of you used up your inventory, you need to start setting a limit of what you feel you can contribute and let others take up the slack. Why ruin your game? If the challenge is made... fine. If not.... well, perhaps some players set a limit, like I did. And, perhaps others just didn't have the inventory. (now, here's where I make some people mad and I apologize, but these are my opinions) Please.... don't post about those players that DID NOT contribute Above and Beyond their personal goals. How do you think they feel, coming here and seeing this? Bad impression for the forum. Nough said, thank you....

Edited on 07/29/2016 at 5:35:09 PM PST


 
Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Solgud on Jul 29, 16 5:37 PM
The thing is over 29000 players participated in the event! If each had done 25 that's 725000! Each doing 75 would be around 2.2 million! We needed 13000 players to do 75 zz to hit the mark. We had plenty of players, the problem is 20-25000 of them did 5 and no more.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 29, 16 5:44 PM
Solgud wrote:The thing is over 29000 players participated in the event! If each had done 25 that's 725000! Each doing 75 would be around 2.2 million! We needed 13000 players to do 75 zz to hit the mark. We had plenty of players, the problem is 20-25000 of them did 5 and no more.


I agree. The goals are reachable IF the players are willing to do the tasks.

Part of the problem may be that there's a lot of people who have spent most of the past year just doing the rounds and gathering inventory. Much more inventory than each update has asked for. They may already have had 1,000 bags of simple food and therefore the reward for reaching the global goal just wasn't enticing enough.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 29, 16 5:48 PM
Somewhere it's been suggested that the completion reward should be based on what personal level a player has met, and that makes a lot of sense to me. We all know there are people who will do the minimum work for the maximum rewards, or gift the cheapest items while asking for expensive or rare ones. On the other hand, there are a lot of us who truly can't contribute as much for whatever reason. Some of us can't play the game a lot for physical or time constraints, so please don't lump us in with those people who try to cheat the system. I did 25 and stopped because I knew there was no way I could get to 100. I would have been very happy with a lower completion reward since I know I didn't contribute as much as those who did 100 or more. Suggestions to better the game are worth more than complaints about your fellow players.

 
Shadow3814
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Shadow3814 on Jul 29, 16 5:51 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Somewhere it's been suggested that the completion reward should be based on what personal level a player has met, and that makes a lot of sense to me. We all know there are people who will do the minimum work for the maximum rewards, or gift the cheapest items while asking for expensive or rare ones. On the other hand, there are a lot of us who truly can't contribute as much for whatever reason. Some of us can't play the game a lot for physical or time constraints, so please don't lump us in with those people who try to cheat the system. I did 25 and stopped because I knew there was no way I could get to 100. I would have been very happy with a lower completion reward since I know I didn't contribute as much as those who did 100 or more. Suggestions to better the game are worth more than complaints about your fellow players.



 

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 29, 16 5:53 PM
The lack of participation shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Both the airship mini-event and this zz mini-event required a lot of inventory. If a player is playing the DQs and Trina, they alone use a lot of airship items, so I think many players either didn't have those items to spare or wanted to concentrate what they had on their quests and not the mini-event.

As far as the zz mini-event, many players just don't have the inventory they once did. Doing DQs, Trina, Blue Key Quests and the Monthly Challenge combined with the reduction in the drop rate of inventory items from HOSs have depleted stockpiles.

It's wrong to point accusatory fingers and judge other players for how they choose to play the game. It's a game, for pete's sake. No one forces you to play. No one forces you to contribute more. This isn't a mini-event for personal goals where you alone reap the rewards based on how much you do. It was a global event. That means everyone shares the reward, no matter how much or how little they contributed.

Perhaps one player with a vast inventory can contribute more to zzs, or another player who can play more throughout the day can contribute more to playing HOSs or collecting morphing objects, or maybe a player with a ton of coins can spin the wheel more or craft more.

It really shouldn't be an "us versus them". I played more, I contributed more, I earned more....therefore I deserve a reward and you don't.

Okay, so we didn't make it this time, or the last. So what. We'll try again with the next one. But the vitriol towards fellow players must stop. That's not what the MC community has ever been about.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 29, 16 5:56 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:
It really shouldn't be an "us versus them". I played more, I contributed more, I earned more....therefore I deserve a reward and you don't.

Okay, so we didn't make it this time, or the last. So what. We'll try again with the next one. But the vitriol towards fellow players must stop. That's not what the MC community has ever been about.



 
Shadow3814
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Shadow3814 on Jul 29, 16 6:07 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:

It really shouldn't be an "us versus them". I played more, I contributed more, I earned more....therefore I deserve a reward and you don't.

Okay, so we didn't make it this time, or the last. So what. We'll try again with the next one. But the vitriol towards fellow players must stop. That's not what the MC community has ever been about.





Thank you, Ms. Whitebutterfly!

 
NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 6:18 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Somewhere it's been suggested that the completion reward should be based on what personal level a player has met, and that makes a lot of sense to me. We all know there are people who will do the minimum work for the maximum rewards, or gift the cheapest items while asking for expensive or rare ones. On the other hand, there are a lot of us who truly can't contribute as much for whatever reason. Some of us can't play the game a lot for physical or time constraints, so please don't lump us in with those people who try to cheat the system. I did 25 and stopped because I knew there was no way I could get to 100. I would have been very happy with a lower completion reward since I know I didn't contribute as much as those who did 100 or more. Suggestions to better the game are worth more than complaints about your fellow players.


Rose, I think it's been said in this thread and others that there are very valid exceptions. I believe I know you well enough to know you are one. My main suggestion to make things fair would be for every item, be it zoom zone, airship or whatever to count towards the global goal and I think I said that elsewhere, using the example of the gal who could only do 54 before she had to go to work, but only got credit for 25. I also suggested extending the time to compensate for those who were time pressed (such as yourself), and I also suggested making the goal more realistic. I do however think that those who for whatever reason (panicked looking at the number, got caught up in the excitement of the event, or perhaps WANTED to "just because") contributed over and above are to be commended and thanked, because they deserve to be. Also, had we won, I feel you should have received the same as everyone else. Opinions will differ, but I have been a part of many global goals with my sales background, and sometimes I was more deserving than other times. That's the way a team event works, IMO.

Not everyone will agree with the opinions of others, myself included. But I am hoping this thread will remain a constructive "idea" thread for BF.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 29, 16 6:21 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:

Okay, so we didn't make it this time, or the last. So what. We'll try again with the next one. But the vitriol towards fellow players must stop. That's not what the MC community has ever been about.


I agree but I'd also like to see the vitriol towards the DEVELOPERS stop.

They are not giving us impossible goals to reach.

They do want to see us reach the goals, why else would they change the rules and allow what players do past the 3rd personal goal to count toward the global effort?

Why did they adjust the iOS players goals from 4 times what PC players have to do to only 2 times (even though the last 2 events show that there are 3 times as many iOS players as PC players)?

The global goals have all been possible, but only if players want to do the tasks. If some players prefer to stand pat rather than swap inventory for coins (as in sending airships) or for different inventory items (as in opening zoom zones), that is out of the developers control.

After each event, we gain more information as to how many players are out there on each platform, and which events they are more likely to want to contribute to and which they aren't.

Use that information to help you decide just how much resources it is wise for your particular game to expend rather than letting yourself be seduced by the global reward, because not all players are going to place the same value on that global reward as you do.

 
ozziebasia
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by ozziebasia on Jul 29, 16 7:25 PM
NoFishToday wrote:RE: UNREALISTIC MINI-EVENTS

Before this event ends, which obviously we are not going to win, I have thoroughly read all the posts, encouragement, and statistics posted by other players. One player was right on target...that we would finish at 300,000 because the goals are too high by approximately 40% and that we would come in at 60%. And that is exactly about what we will do.

It was clearly obvious to me at first glance that the airship challenge was an impossible dream. And that proved itself to be true. I for one, only had enough inventory to send 3 airships....10% of the personal goal.

But, back to this event before it's too late. I have friends who have done 200, 300, 400, 500, and 600 Zoom Zones. I have one friend who has completed ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED. I myself have done over 200. The personal goal was 75.

At 5am EST this morning, both PC and IOS were at the halfway level, meaning that the target for both platforms was skewed by the same 40% elevated statistic.

Before this event ends, I am asking Big Fish to modify this challenge. It is breaking my heart to see the phenomenal effort that some were willing to contribute to the global goal. And for what? 25 Pet Medallions. PLEASE FIX THIS MINI-EVENT BEFORE IT ENDS, AND ALL PLAYERS ARE FACED WITH ANOTHER LOSING EVENT AFTER GIVING THEIR HEART AND SOUL.

At the beginning, someone posted a thread called "Mini-Event-is it doable?". In hindsight, I should have taken this literally instead of just jumping into the pool with both feet. Because the team effort took over, and an undoable mini-event has now left many of us with severely depleted inventory, "the thrill of defeat", and probably wondering if they will EVER do another mini-event. I know this is where I stand.

So, Big Fish, please fix this event before it's too late. Either lower the global goal, extend the timeframe, or count each and every zoom-zoon opened by a player...not just the ones at the 5, 25 and 75 mark. If someone did 60, COUNT all SIXTY.

If the players find that they can't trust Big Fish to come through with fair events, the whole concept has been for naught.

Sincerely, NoFish Today (Linet)


Well said Linet Maybe if the 5 and 25 mark were taken away players would be able to make the decision to commit to the 75 and go for it. Kudos to all players who tried and OMG 1,200 zz's that effort deserves a medal Maybe next time Barb

 
MaryM1980
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by MaryM1980 on Jul 29, 16 8:31 PM
I agree that these mini events have gotten way too unrealistic especially when we are only given two days and not very good rewards if we complete it. I also think that there are some players that don't even log in every day to play and don't come to the forum regularly if at all, so, who knows how many people didn't even see the event in time to do anything much? I was able to reach the 75 but because there was only about 10 hours left to go and most of those hours were in the middle of the night and at that time I don't even think we were at the halfway point I didn't bother doing any more than that.

 
AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 29, 16 8:37 PM
When I first read the forum at 09:00 this morning my time, It is now 13:30 pm on Saturday the 30th, I was really taken aback at the posting and I wish I had stood up and posted.

This thread, to me, bullying the players who did not, could not or would not make their personal goals.

I made the goals on Trixie and Cattiepuss, but on my 3 lower level games there was no way I could even make the minimum goal. I had not played them for the last 2 years and had given away most of the inventory and spent diamonds to do it.

I am NOT stating that for any form of kudos as I had never intended to play them ever again.

Others braver than me have made a stand, Shadow3814, RosieBVT and WhiteButterfly,, for example, have stated things extremely well.

If anyone wants to do more than the personal goal, that is their affair, and there is no need to shame or bully, those that cannot do more, or even attain the final level for their personal goal.

As for wanting an extra reward for doing more than was asked, words fail me.

This is supposedly a family friendly forum, and people should feel good to be here.

This is a game, not a workplace where your pay rise depends on your performance.

Trixie

 
mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jul 29, 16 8:46 PM
I'm reposting something I posted on another thread because it's more appropriate to this one, with a slight edit that deletes irrelevant stuff. I also must say that many of you have good suggestions, too. I hope the mods send this thread to the developers. I think there are a lot of people who like these events, but are frustrated because the rules pretty much guarantee we won't win the global reward on a regular basis.

I think there are a couple of things they could do to improve the mini events. One-let every whatever-zz, HOS, etc. count toward the global goal. But, keep it that you have to reach at least the first personal goal in order to win the global reward. Or, perhaps, prorate the global reward. If you do the lowest personal goal, you get an equivalent amount of the global prize and so on.

And, since it's obvious that many people aren't interested in this type of event, as shown by the downward trend in participants, make the global total more reasonable-300,000 for PC; 750,00 for iOS or something like that. If they don't want to reduce the number required for the global reward, make it three or four days instead of two. Again, that makes it a challenge we feel we can do, so more people might participate.

Last suggestion, put the rules for the event in the email the mailman sends. I doubt most people click on that little "i" to read the rules. So, I don't think people know that they don't have to get to the top to win the global reward. So they think it's not worth even doing a little bit. Not everyone comes to the forums or reads the Facebook page where they might get that information.

That would give us all a fighting chance at winning the global reward, even if this type of event isn't everyone's favorite thing.

I've noticed that they seem to have an ongoing problem with figuring out appropriate balances between rewards and effort. Too often they seem to be requiring the kind of effort that would be put out if this were our job, rather than a casual, fun game. I think they need to reduce every challenge by at least 20% from where they want to make it so people with jobs, kids, lives can enjoy the game without feeling like they can't ever win.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 29, 16 9:26 PM
Linet, I want to clarify what I was referring to (and some of the others, I believe). When I referred to the complaints about fellow players, I wasn't talking about this thread. There are other threads I've read talking about players not doing their fair share or being lazy. That bothered me enough to post the other side of the story. That and the general tone of disrespect of each other that has crept into the forum over time is likely what Whitebutterfly meant by the vitriol that needs to stop. This seemed an appropriate place to put my comments since it's been a reasonable discussion of the events. There was no intent on my part to complain (!) about your thread. We need more threads like this that discuss issues, not just rant.

 
NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 29, 16 9:58 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Linet, I want to clarify what I was referring to (and some of the others, I believe). When I referred to the complaints about fellow players, I wasn't talking about this thread. There are other threads I've read talking about players not doing their fair share or being lazy. That bothered me enough to post the other side of the story. That and the general tone of disrespect of each other that has crept into the forum over time is likely what Whitebutterfly meant by the vitriol that needs to stop. This seemed an appropriate place to put my comments since it's been a reasonable discussion of the events. There was no intent on my part to complain (!) about your thread. We need more threads like this that discuss issues, not just rant.



Thanks Rose! My only goal in starting this thread (and in my own posts) was to do exactly what you suggested: provide suggestions to better the game (in this case, the mini-event) and to open a constructive discussion.


Edited on 08/03/2016 at 11:27:17 AM PST


 
Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Jul 29, 16 11:05 PM
I'm one of the baddies that didn't do their 75 ZZs. The reason is not because I wanted to coast off everyone else's effort but because I viewed the 'challenge' as just a way to induce everyone to give up their inventory. Because items for ZZs are so difficult and time consuming to acquire, even if I had been assured of getting a hundred simple food bags, I wouldn't have done it. To me that seems a very paltry reward for such a high cost. And the 25 pet medallions? Seriously?? No, thank you.
I'm sorry for all the people that spent so much for the team effort and commend them on their generosity. But everyone has to play the game their own way with the time they have available; only these mini-events are group effort, but they still have to fit in to an individual person's total picture of their game play.

 
gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jul 30, 16 12:22 AM
Feel like I wasted lots of items with nothing at the end . Sure could have used all that simple pet food

 
Flirtmd
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:AN URGENT MESSAGE TO BIG FISH

[Post New]by Flirtmd on Jul 30, 16 5:48 AM
I agree with all of you. These goals will continue to be unobtainable as long as the minimum goals are very low. I play on iOS and did 75 +

I have surpassed all the personal goals in every mini challenge.
The only one we made on iOS was the one they extended time to.

When the developers took away the earning of an actual item in the HOS and started giving us gold and shards the game changed. It took away the gifting to friends and the ability to do Zoom zones out of want to necessity.

If I earned a token each HOS I could decide to use it, stockpile it, gift it or sell it for gold or shards (often at a higher value since it could be used to build something else.)

If the developers are going to give us these mini challenges that utilize all our inventory then give us the inventory we earn on each HOS.



 
 
 
 
Go to: