runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Escape from Lost Island

[Post New]by runewarden on Mar 10, 10 4:33 PM
Tried the demo, deleted after completing the first scene.

I don't mind junk piles, I don't mind far-fetched storylines. But - really, the ship is sinking, we must get off now, and she's messing about packing her cosmetics, her bottle (of wine?), rather than just a life jacket and compass. So wait - was it really the ship is sinking tomorrow but she's just so scatter-brained, she's preparing in advance?

So no, not for me. I can deal with the black edges to my laptop screen. The interface that I don't like much, but not a drama of ''Escape'' where we spend ages finding inconsequential things.

I would reccommend ''Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island'' over this game any day.

lynniam1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lynniam1 on Mar 10, 10 11:36 PM
HEY BFG .... HAVE YOU FIXED THIS ONE YET...............
NOT!!!!

I want my $$$$$ back!!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 14, 10 9:16 PM
There was a lot about this game to like: the objects in the scenes were easy enough to find and the premise of the story is awesome and the graphics are good. For me the music was TERRIBLE! I like jazz okay, I have to be in the mood for it. Just like in a movie...the music sets the scene! Whiny electronic soft jazz music just didn't fit with the premise of the story, LOL! Granted I can just turn down the music and listen to whatever, but I like music in my HOGs it's part of the whole experience for me. I have never felt like turning down the music in any of my HOGs until this game. It was so annoying I couldn't tolerate it...my apologies to the composer...so sorry.
I might get this one as a DD later and just have my own music ready to play.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 14, 10 9:17 PM
runewarden wrote:But - really, the ship is sinking, we must get off now, and she's messing about packing her cosmetics, her bottle (of wine?), rather than just a life jacket and compass. So wait - was it really the ship is sinking tomorrow but she's just so scatter-brained, she's preparing in advance?

...exactly! LOL!

[Post New]by pigletto on Apr 5, 10 3:45 PM
Poodlebear wrote:It has been my experience that every Nevosoft game is glitchy. Not broken exactly, just clunky, slow, not terribly well engineered if you will, and this is no exception. Granted all our systems are different etc. but right off I chose to turn off the sludgy game cursor. (I normally do not need to do this). Then I discovered the excruciatingly long load times. Sometimes, if I let the story play out, the game would hang all together, just sit there at the end of the cut-scene waiting for the next active game part to initiate. Or maybe it *was* going to initiate but I got tired of waiting - hard to tell. I wonder if (given the rather small file size of the game) that this wasn't just deliberate time padding for a short game, or maybe some arcane file handling system to unpack files as we go to keep download size small. But that's just ol' geeky me speculatin'. Let's put all that aside for now.

Graphics - pretty good, pretty clear, pleasant to look at. Music - think Pink Floyd fan on Xanax is left alone in the recording studio... Kinda cool the *first* time thru but on a pretty short loop it soon had me diving for the off button.

Gameplay - absolutely nothing new or inspiring here. Pocket type ("open" one object into which you must place others) hidden object stuff along with standard, some interactivity, very very bog standard mini-games. Look, concentration is all well and good but lets face it it's pretty much just pass-time and pretty cheesy when it's a larger than normal field that repeats symbols. Snooze. Spot the Difference and jigsaw were the others encountered. Now I must say had this game come out (and run properly) at the beginning of IHOGs arrival I would probably been pretty tickled, but with so much more sophistication in the genre out there this just felt flat and uninteresting. I did not even make it to the end of the demo, and for me on an IHOG? That's rare. Granted had it run better on my system I might have slogged thru those last 20 minutes but I felt absolutely *no* compulsion to continue. With games as good as Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island, Treasure Seekers (any of 'em) and to a lesser degree Empress of the Deep: The Darkest Secret recently released this one just falls flat.

(Up given begrudgingly cuz it's an IHOG at least. Down for the mediocre game and glitchiness)

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Apr 12, 10 11:04 AM
Can't get passed the opening credits. Click play and just a frozen black screen - any suggestions?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Escape from zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 10 12:50 PM
GoddessOdd wrote:Not much for me here. Bland graphics and elevator music. The designers phoned this one in. Stock graphics and free library music. I think I made it thru about 15 minutes before deciding that there were far better ways to spend an hour...
The music actually detracted from the game. Imagine a lost island where you are compelled to listen to the worst dentist office waiting room music you can imagine...I couldn't lose the music without muting my PC, and since I wasn't having much fun anyway, decided just to skip it altogether. 3 of 10 stars.

i'm in agreement 100%! i felt like they robbed an old '70's crime drama for the music, which kept getting louder whenever i advanced to the next scene... what was the worst for me: i felt like i was dozing off after going through the underground room, so i just quit... not doing this one - not if it isn't stimulating enough to keep my eyes open!
good luck to the rest of you...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 13, 10 12:54 PM
Tink44 wrote:Can't get passed the opening credits. Click play and just a frozen black screen - any suggestions?

uninstall, then reinstall... if that doesn't work, reboot and see what happens... if that doesn't work, post to tech thread and send to CS to let them know about the problem you're having... make sure you include the game name and system info along with the 'exact' problem in the ...

if you still haven't gotten a resolution and really want to play this game, this bad... my last resort suggestion would be to have a few shots of tequila and watch 'fantasy island' - it would make for a much better use of an hour in my book...

good luck

[Post New]by chatnshar on Apr 15, 10 9:37 AM
I found this the most ridiculous game ever! How many times can one woman get herself captured (and tied to a stake) by 'savages' and end up in a cage WITH all the gear she needs to escape? THEN to find they only wanted to 'feed her'?? Pahleese... that's some hospitality! rofl.. But first, why put out a fire on a sinking ship? Then see it still in flames when it sinks? Hellooooo she put the fire out!!

THEN she needs a small raft to cross a very small river to reach a house... ahem.. a raft with a sail and a HELM? You're kidding me right????

She's escaped the savages three times (as far as I decided to play before deleting the game from my PC), then sets up camp fires to announce her whereabouts! Stupid story line, dippy plot, no imagination and the mini games way too easy. The graphics are hell and the game froze at the 'push the bubble up the hole', it was then I decided enough was enough, I was bored out my skull and had absolutely no right to do this to my brain or self any longer, thankfully the horrid music didn't continue to echo in my brain.

Waste of money, waste of time definitely a thumbs down from me.. I'll stick to my MCF's thank you very much. This game way to repetitive and very slow.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 21, 11 3:07 PM
I mostly was liking it, but too many scenes where you have to find hidden objects that look like everything else. For example, you need 3 ferns, and the entire screen has ferns that look the same, and you end up randomly clicking. Altogether it's okay, but don't think I'd buy it. Maybe for a DD, but not otherwise.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 7:43 PM
I like this game, is just a nice game to take your time with when you want to relax as it have many hidden areas to play along.

It may be repetitive at times but that is why you take a brake from this type of game so you can become bored with it.

I love the treasure seekers series so this one was ok.

Mardenoir
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Mardenoir on Jan 18, 12 7:07 PM
the game was okay.. Not my cup of tea though

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Feb 18, 14 1:59 PM
Boy, is this a bad one. I was wary of the developer's half off sale today and I know why. Their older games are subpar at best (my opinion only) but even the quirky ones have their own charm, like Mushroom Age and Pirateville. This one does not. It's called Lost Island for a reason. No one wants to find it. I only played the demo but found no redeeming features. Nonsensical plot has a lone passenger of a sinking cruise ship (how did everyone else leave?) having to use catapults to put out fires (why if it's sinking?) before leaving the ship. Then she gets captured by natives but is still able to get around the island finding things to do. These things are in the form of objects to find but they're the kind where you click on an area and five circles appear with a single item in each one. Once you find all of them, that "task" is done. You now have the fun of doing four more tasks in the same scene with four different areas containing the five circles...yada yada yada. It's a lather, rinse, repeat kind of game with slow movement between scenes and zero movement of storyline. Try it and see for yourself. The artwork is not bad to look at but the items to find are frequently very small or in dark places. There are no voiceovers but you get to hear dentist office music throughout. This game is very old and plays like it too. I just found it odd and boring.

Go to: