Re:Your comments and reviews for 3 Cards to Dead Time!

[Post New]by stressedoutinde on Mar 1, 10 4:18 PM
This game is just terrible. Played for 10 min. Couldn't delete it quick enough.

kathymably
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kathymably on Mar 1, 10 4:35 PM
Much too much dialogue and not enough game play. I won't be buying this one.

MIRNI
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MIRNI on Mar 1, 10 5:51 PM
THIS GAME REALLY WINS A GOLD MEDAL FOR THE MOST BORING.

[Post New]by sphinxvictorian on Mar 2, 10 1:21 AM
I loved this game. The cut scenes were only annoying when I was first demoing it, once I decided to buy it and had the time to enjoy them, they became interesting. The voice acting was pretty good, I thought, though the computer-modelling on the characters was a bit stiff and unrealistic.

What I really liked was the unusual plot and the themed object hunts. The puzzles were challenging, but I only had to skip a couple.

I hope this bunch at Big Finish make a sequel or another game. Excellent writing, and a fun plot!

Also, man, do I want that tarot deck! Does anyone know if it's a real tarot deck, or just created for this game? I didn't see anything about it in the credits.

[Post New]by songsmith2003 on Mar 2, 10 4:51 AM
Sphinxvictorian, did you play the first game? Jess's shirt was skin colored. She looked topless when shown from a distance of only a few feet. Ew.

The tarot deck is a slightly modified RIder-Waite (I think that's the name) deck as far as I know. There are several different styles of decks, so it's possible it's an actual deck. I wonder if the developer's site would say?

Dragonella
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Dragonella on Mar 2, 10 1:38 PM
Just want to play, not get interrupted with tedious dialogue. Please BFG-
can we have more like Dire Grove.

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Mar 2, 10 3:01 PM
This game just down right sucks. Way too much dialog and not enough game playing. It's more like watching a bad movie than playing a game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 3, 10 5:56 AM
mara_59 wrote:I was really excited when this game came out because I enjoyed 3 cards to midnight so much...........but what a disappointment! I felt like I was spending more time pressing the skip button then actually playing the game. A BIG 2 thumbs down!!!

I've just finished and I agree with you. I really enjoyed the first one, but this one became laughable. Character that had been a man for years and suddenly turned out to be a woman - totally daft. Lines like 'we still called him/her whatever the name was' were ridiculous. I got my money's worth, but sort of sorry I bought it now. Won't be buying the next one.

rosieroo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosieroo on Mar 3, 10 12:37 PM
Gosh, I have just trialed this hog for 10 minutes ,how annoying .. There is no
way of turning the sound off on options, or skipping the dialogue. It comes on after finding about 5 objects.
The content of the game seems quite unusual , with items been connected to leading words , could be quite good if it was not so annoying.
This is my first post in 2 years of playing hogs , it really got on my nerves and I had to share .

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 3, 10 1:13 PM
Welcome to the pond!!!!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 3, 10 3:14 PM
You either love or hate it. I simply LOVE it, as much as I loved the first one. It is so intriguing, mysterious. The unknown, unexplained, always attracted me. I find this game to be very well put together. The storyline approach is unique. I understand that there is a lot of dialogue but it is so important to understand the meaning of Jess' dreams and thoughts, where she comes from, the threats, in order to unravel the mystery.

At least in this one you don't get penalized by clicking the wrong item, which was happening to me a lot in 3 Cards to Midnight. I am approaching this one differently and I really take my time. I didn't go very far with the trial but now that I will buy it I can approach it with less tension and simply ENJOY.

It's very different from any game I've played so far since I've become a BFG's member 3 years ago. It's good to dive into your imagination. The unexpected adventure in the paranormal world.

jjoh553028
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jjoh553028 on Mar 3, 10 6:23 PM
Just finished playing...I loved the story and game for me was good. Kept my interest until the end. But the time it took moving between dialogue and games was so slooowwww... I probable could have finished the game a lot sooner but the time it took to read the dialogue.. some games let you click when you are done reading,, not this one, I did like it but i would never play again.. i am actually looking forward to another.. just hope they take the hints and make the next one better..

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Mar 4, 10 8:22 AM
I too liked the idea of categorized objects but this game is soooo slow between lists of objects. Way too many interruptions. I quit the demo after 15 minutes. Wish there were more Big City HOGs, Mystery PI's, Ravenhursts, & Prime Suspects. I'm actually running out of HOGS--I thought the Murder She Wrote was a good one--so was Robinson Crusoe.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Mar 4, 10 10:32 AM
Bleah, boring and too much talking and not enough game play didn't last long for me to delete it.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Mar 6, 10 8:34 AM
Its a gloomy game and I don't like the storyline or the objectives, I deleted the demo quickly will not purchase

Susanne13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Susanne13 on Mar 6, 10 8:15 PM
I loved it. I get bored with travelling to exotic locations to find yet another rolling pin.I like puzzles and finding objects that relate to what's going on. I love the story and can't wait for the next one,

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Mar 7, 10 5:09 PM
I played the demo - but to be honest, it's more story than game. Some puzzles, but the HOG is fairly non-existant.

I didn't mind the creepiness or dark theme or even the the cut away story telling - it was just barely any game playing.

Karen

HerrFlick
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by HerrFlick on Mar 9, 10 7:06 AM
Too dark and too much talking.

[Post New]by kimmishy5 on Mar 10, 10 5:09 AM
A LOT OF DEAD TIME ON THIS GAME , GOOD IDEA , BUT VERY BORING

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 13, 10 2:47 AM
I christen this game Marmite! I've never seen views so polarised. Unfortunately it doesn't help me make a decision on whether to buy it or not.

Thank you to everyone who posted in this thread.

ETA I used a credit. You play this on easy for the story and hard for the game.

Edited on 03/13/2010 at 12:22:21 PM PST

Go to: