meldan5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by meldan5 on Aug 7, 16 8:09 PM
My game also crashed in the Hatter's workshop. I've tried reloading the game and everything but I still get a message stating Access Violation, Windows tries to figure out what's wrong and then the game shuts down. I'm on a 1 year old Dell running Windows 10. Please fix this since I'd love to finish the game!!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by difficult1 on Aug 7, 16 10:11 PM
I am also getting an Error Access violation. It happened in the Mad Hatter's shop. This is the second game in a week that has refused to restart. Please fix this bug Big Fish!

[Post New]by sweetie3333 on Aug 7, 16 10:13 PM
G'day
I got half way through the game then was unable to play anymore due to multiple error messages. Please organise a fix for this ASAP or I will be asking for a refund.
Thanks

Joyce2159
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Joyce2159 on Aug 8, 16 5:38 AM
nflynn wrote:in a ho scene and cannot sew star..it keep saying wasting fabric and will not let me sew when clicking the start button on every angle!

I have the same problem.

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 5:39:08 AM PST

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Aug 8, 16 10:51 AM
Hey all. Just read through and don't know if this is what is happening to anyone else but in Hatter's workshop I get to the access point in the closet and the game just flat freezes. No access error messages, no nothing, just flat frozen screen. Have to sign out of account to regain control of my PC. And yes, I have run the appropriate software, yada yada yada. The game is the problem not my PC.

reg1strar
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by reg1strar on Aug 8, 16 10:55 AM
Chapter tweedledum and tweedledee. Error - access violation at 0x0043918B (tried to read from 0x00000010). I have also uninstalled the game and then re-installed it bu to no avail. Most disappointed as I was looking forward to finishing this game.
Managed to finish the game. Instead of using the mouse after playing the HOG I used
the map to move around and everything worked fine.
According to BFGPANTHALASSA there is an update to this game. I can't get any update. Anyone else got this problem.

Edited on 08/16/2016 at 3:43:45 AM PST

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Aug 8, 16 1:22 PM
I bought the game and everything was fine for a while, then suddenly it crashed, and when I tried to reopen it it crashed again. After several futile attempts, I uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing.

I'm on Mac and everything is current.

daubee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by daubee on Aug 8, 16 2:01 PM
i am having the same problem as everybody else with the access violation. game keeps crashing won't let me get any further. very disapointing. tried averything nothing works

tsj1769
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tsj1769 on Aug 8, 16 2:23 PM
my game also crashed after putting the sewing machine in place...please fix I want to finish the game....

Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Aug 8, 16 3:01 PM
Same thing here...can't play any more...screen froze half way through what was an awesome game...reset computer to get out of it only.

HERE'S A SOLUTION FOR THE BUG IN THE HATTER'S SHOP!

[Post New]by KinetteM on Aug 8, 16 3:18 PM
silverfairy31 wrote:
Before you click on the glittering HOG scene, place the feather medallion on the cage, which will give you a sewing machine medallion. Once you get the sewing machine medallion, place it on the sewing machine and this will open the HOG scene.

IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, AN ACCESS ERROR OCCURS AND THE GAME WILL CRASH. THIS IS A BUG IN THE GAME! THE HOG SHOULDN'T BE AVAILABLE WITHOUT THE SEWING MACHINE MEDALLION, BUT IT IS! IF YOU FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS, THIS BUG WON'T OCCUR! I HAD TO START A NEW PROFILE TO TEST OUT MY THEORY, AND LUCKILY IT WORKED!

adnerbfaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by adnerbfaye on Aug 8, 16 4:40 PM
Used the feather first, then sewing machine emblem; game crashed. Don't want to restart game from beginning. Fix in the process?

[Post New]by owlotterwoman on Aug 8, 16 4:45 PM
I cannot use the compass to capture the chair when I return to the tea party. the compass wont go low enough on the screen to capture the chair in the window of the compass please advise

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Aug 8, 16 5:45 PM
Since I already put the sewing machine in place, I can't even restart the game because it crashes on opening. This is very annoying.

[Post New]by SicarioXUroboros on Aug 8, 16 7:48 PM
I have also been getting the same error as the majority of people here, it seems.
I get an access error and my game crashes when I put the sewing machine key in. I have tried this on two different computers with very different specs and I am fairly sure this is a game issue.

I would like to be able to finish the game I purchased so I look forward to any updates about the issue being fixed.

[Post New]by Cera28 on Aug 8, 16 8:35 PM
I also got close to the end of the primary game and received an access violation. I have restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and still get the error. I would like to see the error resolved soon or I would like a refund. I have an older computer that I have successfully played games on prior to this game.

[Post New]by marfa923 on Aug 9, 16 7:49 AM
I'm having the same issue. I set up a new Profile and that worked fine so it's not my computer it's the game and I believe I was in chapter 5 as well. So now I need to replay the whole game and I don't know if it's going to happen again. Very frustrating. I've had it happen before and I've not gone back and played the game again. Very unhappy with this, hoping for a fix but not seeing anything so far.

[Post New]by KinetteM on Aug 9, 16 11:09 AM
I had the same issue with putting in the teapot to open the chest and then coming up with the error message and not being able to continue the game. I really don't want to go back to the beginning and start all over and try to remember to do a HO after rather than before putting in the "teapot" when 3/4 of the way through a game. Yes I did do the HO scene first as it was available. Hopefully a better fix will be found for this situation. I have windows 10 and had a tech update all of my drivers several days ago so it is annoying that perhaps updated computers no longer can work with even brand new games. Please talk to the developer to fix this!

mnkid
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mnkid on Aug 9, 16 3:27 PM
This game desperately needs a patch to prevent the access violation from happening around the scene with the sewing machine emblem. I updated my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Ever so frustrating to be this far along in the game and have to start completely over.

mazomaiden
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by mazomaiden on Aug 9, 16 5:00 PM
I'm using Win. 7 if that makes any difference
The game crashed and I can't even get into the game anymore an error message comes up.

There is no way I'm going to reinstall the game with this glitch not fixed.
When will BF get this done?!

I can't even send you a report on the problem because the game isn't listed and when I pick "other" it comes up in yellow and still wants me to pick a game.
This sucks

Go to: