Re:Your comments and reviews for Dracula Origin!

[Post New]by funandgames3 on May 30, 11 6:35 PM
What a great suprise . I haven't been good at picking games lately, but this is a winner. Some of the games are hard so get you a good walkthrough handy. Second favorite game . First favorite was Syberia.

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Jun 11, 11 4:48 AM
This is absolutely fantastic, I'm not used to point and click games and usually don't play them, but I discovered this one through dracula-love kills, and after reading the reviews I decided to buy.
I haven't regretted it one second, took me a few tries to understand how to move about, how to see the items, diary etc, but it was well worth it.
The story is good, the graphics are exceptional, the characters also, the voice overs are not at all annoying. The level of the mini games is very high and I admit it takes me a while to get through them. Luckily there are some good walkthroughs for this game online.
Why isn't there a demo version to try?
A really good experience for me so far.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 11, 11 6:31 AM
This is one of the best of the Frogwares adventure games. For the experienced player (and that includes of Frogwares too as the game mechanics are consistent), this game has everything - beautiful graphics, tricky puzzles and useful help (the space bar).

Why isn't there a demo version to try?
Large File Adventures usually have demos on the developer / publisher website rather than trials here.

Regarding navigation, using inventory items etc - the retail version has a printed manual. There is a pdf version on the developer website.

Edited on 06/11/2011 at 6:34:07 AM PST

swissraven
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by swissraven on Jun 11, 11 10:51 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the pdf manual, I downloaded it and found it to be very useful.
I also saw plenty of other interesting games there
Is there any one in particular that you'd recommend?

eedebeep
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Dracula Origin! PLOT SPOILER

[Post New]by eedebeep on Jun 17, 11 4:27 PM
This game is pretty good, maybe I shouldn't have played the sequel first and I'd even like it better. The main problem is Van Helsing, he is so dull and his comments so insipid that I was rooting for Dracula! Way too many holes in the story, like how come Harker has to be staked but Mina mysteriously becomes cured even though Dracula doesn't die? Also it's a good thing I found a walkthrough because sometimes it's hard to figure out what they want you to do next. Game gets a B

Help! Stuck in museum

[Post New]by Marooka on Jun 23, 11 4:50 PM
Can anyone answer this question for me: Is there a way to restart a 'segment' of the game? I'm stuck in the museum in cairo because I believe I didn't 'save' the game at one point and now all of the items I found are not in my Items list. I've looked and looked their gone. So, I know I picked them all up. I would hate to have to start the game all over again just to get to this point again. Help!

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jul 2, 11 7:38 PM
I feel like the game is only okay. I haven't gotten far in the game but I've been playing for about 2 hours I think. I can't stand how slow he walks. He gets annoying when you don't know what exactly to do and you need to walk around a lot.
A little more instruction probably would have given the game better reviews from newcomers. I only knew how to get back to the main menu because of the walkthrough I found.
I'm starting to think I need way to much help to finish this game. Sucks because it took and hour and a half to download and install.

[Post New]by lusciouslatte on Jul 4, 11 6:48 PM
I find too many items that don't work properly, need to get rid of the many faults and haven't seen much of dracula. Humm, I played it but not a favorite.

maggisaxby
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by maggisaxby on Aug 27, 11 3:07 PM
this takes an AGE to download. Is it in anyway worth it?

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 20, 12 7:40 PM
OK...this was a waste of a credit. Took for ev er to download even on my machine. No hints,no guide...you have to guide this dude around with you mouse and there is no direction. Stuck on the stupid map...thats how far I got. Absolutely no explanations as to what to do anywhere. Not fun at all. Going to delete this. I have no idea what to do. Unfortunately there was no demo offered to try it out so, what a scam to buy it. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.....not even a 1 in my book....maybe it didn't dowlnoad right because everyone seems to be so enthralled with it.

[Post New]by sandy3456 on Mar 28, 13 6:12 AM
I cannot get past the map where you find where the murders took place on the web it says to click on the manor where the paths intersect but nothing happens.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 28, 13 6:37 AM
sandy3456 wrote:I cannot get past the map where you find where the murders took place on the web it says to click on the manor where the paths intersect but nothing happens.
Have you read all four newspaper articles? They have "suspect went from ... to ..." in common. Once you've read all four, a red pencil will appear at the map at bottom left and you have to draw all four from / to correctly before you have somewhere to click.

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Oct 23, 13 5:57 PM
I don't see a tech section on this game- which I just discovered

I had a hell of a time downloading & installing

At the start- there is no way to exit menu items, reports- have to force quit

In the sitting room- after going to all the places there is a 'hand'-

the girl never comes back

When he is looking at the large wall map- there is an item there that I think should go into inventory-

but there is no way to do it

I haven't played any further & have to force quit to exit

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium

Are there adjustments I should make when game is first starting??

ThanxMuch

CookyFish

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 22, 14 6:15 PM
I hate this game. I can't get out of the room with the map. I feel like an idiot. I've put "X's" at the locations. I even connected the dots. Nothing. I left the map and came back and everything I penciled in is gone. What is the point? I was able to access some items but I can't leave - he won't go. So I am stuck. The game is so clunky although I will admit it's not as bad in that respect as the few other LF games I have tried.

Why I ever purchased this game is beyond me. I don't want to have to access a WT every few minutes and I doubt it would do any good as I can't even figure out what to do with the map. And the pencil. I am not having any fun at all. Even getting rid of a pencil takes forever. Why doesn't right-clicking work?

I can't even save the little progress I have made. Every time I have gone back I have had to start at the beginning. I thought that clicking on "save" would SAVE my progress. Nope. And I am tired of seeing the same things over and over, including the opening credits which cannot be skipped. This is NOT a user-friendly game. If there is a tutorial, I can't find it.

I'll chalk this one up to a bad decision on my part. Evidently I am too stupid to understand a lot of things that should be obvious and are obvious to others.

Edited on 09/22/2014 at 6:37:12 PM PST

[Post New]by toomanycats on Dec 7, 14 10:53 AM
I cannot understand all the people who rave over this game. I HATE IT!!! It makes me crazy but I hate to give up on it mid-game. I found a walkthrough on another site (thank goodness) but I keep having to exit the game to get a hint. Maybe I'm just spoiled, having hints available, but this thing is not the least bit intuitive. I had it previously as a game I bought that had to be reloaded each time and never got past the map at Mina's so I sold it in a garage sale. Got this one as one of my free games before I realized it was the same game so I am determined to play it. I am stuck in the cemetery--have found 2 martyred angels but just keep walking around and around. I have to take a break before I throw the computer out the window.

Go to: