samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 1, 10 9:01 AM
Thank you all for your reviews. I'll pass on this one.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Mar 1, 10 9:21 AM
doctorgood wrote:Well now, another turkey huh? In the dark. Are you nuts! One of the reasons I play/buy these games is the visual aspect. I like great art work and visions of beautiful scenery. In the dark? Are you nuts? If I wanted to torture myself I'd go and stare in the doughnut shop window.
Getting eye strain and a migraine headache staring at a darkened room is not enjoyable. Nope, nada, huh-uh. Or as the wizard said "not no way,not no how".
Get ready boys and girls, this turkey is headed for the $2.99 graveyard.
I give this game 5 gobble gobbles.
Dr.good

Unfortunately (for me), I downloaded and started to play before I read the reviews. I say unfortunately, as I had a nasty migraine to begin with, and usually, I play a game or work on my jewelry and that _normally_ helps to take my mind off things.

With this most excruciating game I think BF has ever put out, now its a "go to bed" migraine. uh, gobble gobble. lol!

Developers, if you DO read this, come ON, I realize its a paranormal game, I fully understand (too well) that this kinda stuff happens at night. But are you offering to pay for people's vision care when they are done? I wonder how many developers actually played this game AFTER the "lights" were removed? but then they'd know where the stuff is.

The objects are blurry and fuzzy, the hints are easy, I actually found the thermal a LOT faster and better than the flashlight. and the roach game well, never mind.

one word DELETE!

come ON BigFish, you can do so much better

gellyitaly
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by gellyitaly on Mar 1, 10 9:55 AM
story sounded fun but then I took a look at the pictures and then the forum before downloading it!

thanks all for your comments you've saved me from wasting my time, downloading/playing

Charkbite
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Charkbite on Mar 1, 10 10:09 AM
Let me be the first to say that I KNOW I'm barking, but since the reviews for this game are SO BAD I just HAVE to see for myself [the demo only!]!!! I'm funny like that. I'll get back and let you know how bad the headache gets, rofl

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Mar 1, 10 10:23 AM
Like most people I found the game too dark and it put a strain on my eyes. I liked the idea of the EMF reader and Thermal Imaging, but the scenes were too dark or the images are not crisp enough for my eyes.

It's a real shame because I think this could have been a cool game.

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Mar 1, 10 10:31 AM
I always check the forums for news games anymore before trying them. I was getting ready to download this one but really appreciate everyone's reviews to not waste my time. It sounded like a pretty good game (although I'm not a huge HOG fan I do occasionally play ones that are good or IHOGs). I also don't mind "dark" games but not literally dark. I too have a hard enough time finding objects in games where you can see. Thanks and to everyone who takes the time to give their opinions.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 1, 10 10:35 AM
Lasted 2 minutes. Couldn't stand it.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 1, 10 10:47 AM
Played the full hour of demo, even tho I really don't like "flashlight" style searches.
Each scene I played, "flashlight" did not fully light top of screen, so lots of random clicks up there. The thermal thingie? Just clicked on anything red, because I sure couldn't see any details. Tried to give it a fair shake, as I do like HOG games,
but this is a definite no for me.

Oh, I forgot to mention, [i]roaches crawling across screen. ugh.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 1, 10 11:57 AM
I usually ignore some reviews if they say the game is bad. But, when all the reviews so "it's so," I must pass. Even looking at the short video pointed me in that direction. I will have to wait for tomorrow's game. No try for me -- I guess I will give the "today's deal a look "C."

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 11:57:55 AM PST

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Mar 1, 10 12:03 PM
Wow!! Everyone hates this game. Not for me too.
giggyann

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Mar 1, 10 2:15 PM
We'll try just about anything, but even the "preview screens" looked dark and fuzzy. I made it through about 20 minutes and 4 rooms before I started to use language unbecoming to a lady (! !). A rare "flashlight" room in a game is tolerable but A WHOLE GAME??? Not for me. As soon as I'm done with this post I'm going to remove it from my system. Oh, and I agree with the other reviewers who said they don't need to be scolded by a game for mis-clicking. IN THE FREAKING DARK... (Yes, I'm still a bit cross! ) Here's hoping for better games to come.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 1, 10 2:17 PM
Thanks to all of you who posted reviews. I really appreciate the time you take to let all of us know what you think. It is a big help to me. I read the reviews before I even download a game to see what most of you think. After reading what the majority thought of this one, I won't even download the trial. It would just be a waste of time. Thanks, again!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 1, 10 5:18 PM
doctorgood you are so funny. I needed a good laugh thank you. I agree with you totally.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Mar 1, 10 6:43 PM
vicalana wrote:Lasted 2 minutes. Couldn't stand it.

I thought I was giving it short shrift at 3 minutes. Glad to see someone else bailed almost right away.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 1, 10 9:00 PM
Relic Hunt was more fun

Go to: