Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by Ndangered1 on Aug 17, 16 12:02 PM
Same issue here, but I made the mistake of purchasing before trying. Also running on Windows 7 platform. I have run Dr. Felix and will send in the results now. Hope there's a quick fix for this. Thanks

LadyGooner
Clownfish
Clownfish
536 Posts

[Post New]by LadyGooner on Aug 17, 16 1:09 PM
Having exactly the same problems as the other mac users. Screen size way too big and no way of changing it! Even changing the resolution from system preferences has no impact. Cannot understand how they can release it with such a major problem. Totally unplayable from the get go!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 17, 16 1:31 PM
Hello Everybody,

First of all, thank you for your patience while the Forum Moderation Team gathered the information provided here to give to the appropriate teams. We have contacted the developer and they are currently investigating the display and technical issues that have been reported here. We are continuing to provide the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams, so if any other players are experiencing similar or different issues with this game, please reply to this thread so that we can also provide that information to them.

Once we receive more information or an announcement, we'll be certain to provide that to everyone here on the forums. Thank you so much for providing your experiences here for us to pass along. If you are having trouble with this game and would like some personalized assistance in the meantime, please get in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can also gather data on and report these kinds of issues to the right team which can help resolve them faster, can provide support beyond what the forums can provide, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding, and if there is a question about this post or the forums, please feel free to contact any moderator via PM. We're happy to listen and help as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 08/17/2016 at 1:32:24 PM PST

iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Aug 18, 16 3:56 AM
Hi, bfgllinalta and everyone,
In order to help to find a solution for us, I repeat what happened on my computer PC Windows 7 Family. I bought the game the day of its issue and downloaded it as usual as the others, through the BFG appli: one window opened about 2 seconds (VACD 3 launcher) and then another one bigger during 2 seconds and closed. Then, the BFG appli opens and points out on this game and ask "play again" (when insisting: "error 809").
I have downloaded VACD3 many times, different days (hoping a fix could had been find in the meantime!), with no success.
I tried to open it in the "program files": cruiseDirector3.exe and cruiseDirector3launcher.exe (and as an administrator). I checked the compatibility.
I compared the number of files in each Cruise Director: in the 1 and 2, there are 35 elements. In the 3, only 34.
I checked the last version of BFP Appli 3.3.0.2 (2.8) which is correct.
All the parameters of my computer are correct and have not been changed recently.
I have been a beta tester since a long time; if you need my help for this game, do not hesitate to contact me. I am an "old" member, fond of your games and more particularly, the series, since MCF Huntsville which was the first game I played.
Thanks in advance for what BFG and teams will do.

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Aug 18, 16 2:43 PM
I have sent in a report on this game issue.I hope you will fix soon,bought it and still cannot play.I have the other two and really want to play this one.Please le t me know when I can play.Thank you

[Post New]by geebeeski on Aug 18, 16 4:29 PM
I am on a Mac OS X El Capitan, Version 10.11.6 having the same issue re only about 1/4 of the screen is visible. I can't play the game! This is so frustrating. BF used to be A1 in service and product reliability. Not so now. I probably will not continue to purchase games. This is so unfortunate because I have enjoyed BF games for many years.

Any response, developers or other members of the team?

[Post New]by earley on Aug 18, 16 4:34 PM
retroFish wrote:Hi Folks,
We’re sorry to hear of the problems you are having downloading and playing the game.

We share your frustration and are looking into the issues which have been raised and doing our best to fix them.

The Developer

[Post New]by earley on Aug 18, 16 4:36 PM
Again, having the same problems already noted running El Capitan on a Macbook Pro.
When corrected how will your customers know about the fix ?

Ed Earley
[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/24/2016 at 3:14:04 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 18, 16 8:39 PM
earley wrote:Again, having the same problems already noted running El Capitan on a Macbook Pro.
When corrected how will your customers know about the fix ?

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the pond!

It should show up in your BFG game manager, if you have updates set to automatic in options. You can always check back here, though. The moderators are very good about creating a post whenever updates are released. It will be a stickied post that will always remain near the top of the first forum page, just like this tech issues thread.

Since you're fairly new to the forums, just a bit of info for you: It's never a good idea to post your e-mail and real name in a public forum. You'll be getting spam from now until eternity and spammers may even spoof your e-mail address and send out spam that looks like it's coming from you. Please edit your post to remove that part. If you look at your post, you'll see an edit button at the top. Just click that and delete the last two lines. Then click Post Reply.

Edited on 08/18/2016 at 8:48:32 PM PST

[Post New]by clynnc67 on Aug 21, 16 7:09 AM
same here...I really like this series but this has happened using mac before. HELP!

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Aug 21, 16 8:07 PM
I love this series so immediately downloaded trial-Had to CAD to get out-No pic, just sound-After reading all the tech posts, deleted game-That was 3 days ago-I assumed the game was fixed by now so downloaded again-Same thing-No pic, only sound, unable to do anything except CAD again-Very disappointing

[Post New]by bob393 on Aug 21, 16 8:30 PM
Having same problem as others running Mac El Capitan...screen comes up way too big! Please fix ASAP! Thank you!

[Post New]by ROCKETY42 on Aug 24, 16 1:24 AM
Loads onto computer (Vista) but when trying to open game all I get is the game frame with my computer screen still in the framed box as the back ground then game closes and asks me to play again after counting down 1 minute of 60 min trial. No problems with 1 and 2.

[Post New]by playa_hermosa on Aug 24, 16 2:59 PM
Purchased the game this morning and should have checked here first as I too am running El Capitan on a MacBook Pro and the screen open 4+ times bigger than it should.

Please inform when there is some sort of solution.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 16 3:45 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for continuing to report the issues you are seeing for this game. I wanted to drop by and say that we are still in contact with the appropriate teams and will post an announcement as soon as we have more to provide. Thanks again for your patience and understanding while we work hard to resolve these reported issues.

I also wanted to stop by and remind everyone to be aware of our Forum Rules when posting, specifically:

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

We certainly understand wanting to provide a means for us to get in contact faster, however by keeping personal emails and details out of the public forums here, we are able to protect our own and other's privacy.

Thanks everyone for your time and again for your patience. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact any of the Active Moderators. We're happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Aug 26, 16 5:38 AM
I'm still waiting for this game to be fixed,bought the game weeks ago still cannot play,Please fix or give me back my credit.That is why I canceled my membership ,no since in spending money for games I cannot play.waited a long time for this game to come out

[Post New]by 111missy on Aug 31, 16 7:54 AM
Still unable to open up the "purchased" game.

[Post New]by angelmema1954 on Sep 2, 16 5:32 AM
I'm stilling waiting for this game to be fixed too.Bought it about a month ago or longer.I sent in a Felix report,but still not fixed.Don't understand why it's taking so long.I have the other two games and have no problem with them.Please fix I really want to play this game.Thank you.I'm playing on a PC

Edited on 09/02/2016 at 5:37:20 AM PST

iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Sep 3, 16 2:21 AM
Exactly same questions than Angelmema1954! Any news from the BFG developpers team in order to fix this game? Thanks,

[Post New]by martinez_sue on Sep 3, 16 7:03 PM
i have all the other cruise directors but this one wont play keeps going off i used one of my credits for this and cant get it to play thank you from sue martinez

Go to: